[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT_Latency

Everyone i know uses vehicle to help pad their KDR.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

so what if they do?
  3. CursoryRaptor

As much as I try to stay optimistic and humorous in these forums, I'm starting to get the impression that most players (and therefore the developers) consider things that affect them as infantry above all other concerns. Take for example the fact that a thread on whether or not some LMGs should have a 0.75x ADS movement speed multiplier has gotten just barely less than two posts and a little more than 35 views per hour for the past 100 hours.

I'm not suggesting that the issue is unimportant. It's been important enough to keep the topic on the front page of the PS2 forums for more than four days in a row. My concern is that there's such overwhelming concern about a topic that makes up such a miniscule amount of the gameplay in PS2. There's so much to do in PS2! So many ways to fight, not just as six classes of infantry, but also as a tanker, a Harasser gunner, an ESF pilot, a Liberator crewman, even a Galaxy pilot, and within those categories are a myriad of means and methods of fighting... and yet somehow there's been 183 posts' worth of debate on one specific stat of one specific type of weapon usable by one specific class of infantry.

This, and a several smaller observations I've made are beginning to paint a picture that has actually managed to make me despair.
  4. Lucidius134

So the last 2 pages have very few posts of merit.

Thread was from 2014

Yep, smells like a necro.

OT:

I'd reduce infantry av and reduce Ai damage, increase exp for vehicle to vehicle combat but i dn't think it'd 100% solve anything consiering some of this comes from a lack of resource system

'>'
  5. ColonelChingles

That's just because this problem has taken so long to solve (and even then nothing)!

If there was a bug that was from 2014 but still in the game today it wouldn't be a "necro" to keep a thread on it, ya?

Anyhow, there are posts from August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April (this month). In fact the only month where it's missing activity is in December.

It's not a necro... it's just a very long-lived thread. And it will continue to live, until the Devs carry out their promise or return what was unfairly taken from vehicle operators. :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Lucidius134

Yeah, I just looked at the year and glossed over the month. My bad.

As for reducing Infantry AV, the changes off the top of my head would be only really be ravens being brought back to 350m. It is rather rediculous and always has been, especially with the 2nd gen max AV weapons.
  7. 00000000000000000000

Oh man, one hit from a rapid fire, six shot, tank cannon! Infantry sooooo OP plz nerf.

Oh wow! I only have to use one brick of C4 or Mines now? Oh wow, thats super OP man, and infantry are sooo fast the melee requirement of c4 is hardly a nerf at all!

And putting money into a bad investment returns NOTHING. If you buy a tank, then use it poorly, you should get NOTHING.

Thats a problem with redeploy, not AV weaponry.

Man, you have to get out of your vehicle in order to accomplish objectives. How unfair, nerf infantry.

Oh yeah, a huge "HIT ME" sign. Totally not a "I'm impervious to 90% of the games weapons lol" sign.

You mean tanks pulled en mass make tanks less effective?

Yup, death traps. 100% immune to small arms fire death traps.[/quote]
  8. MrJengles

Developers themselves have said they put more resources into balancing minor differences in infantry play because it's what the majority of players spend their time with.

Vehicle players are openly treated as second class.
  9. quatin

They need to undo part of the resource revamp as well. The combined nanites tick is way too much. You can pull a MBT every 9 minutes. This leads to vehicle spam, so vehicles can't be powerful or survivable at all.

If they don't want to move forward with the complete resource revamp. Revert back to the separate resource pools (infantry, vehicle, air), bump the tick rate to 60 resources per minute spread across all 3. Lower maximum resources to 450. It would take 22 minutes to get 450 resources. If you want to spam vehicles, you will at least have to go through all 3 types. tank->aircraft->max.
  10. MrJengles

The result is still that tanks can and are pulled in great quantities and get replaced pretty much as fast as they get killed. They're spammable compared to current AV rates.

Tanks that survive a lot more firepower make sense only when they become rare and valuable assets.

Just blame the lack of a Resource Revamp; it's so badly needed to balance out vehicle play (and grenade spam, and outnumbered fights).
  11. FBVanu

This assumption is wrong. There were numerous threads with links to the stats, that showed that the current resource system did NOT increase any vehicle numbers.. but rather increased grenade spam.
    • Up x 1
  12. quatin

It sure didn't reduce vehicle numbers by a considerable amount, which is what it was supposed to do. The basis of the problem is still true.

Vehicles are spammed too much.
  13. HadesR

I have heard that before but never even when asked have any stats been posted .. Do you have those links ?
  14. Scr1nRusher

yep.

Vehicle & aircraft pulling remained the same.

But infantry consumables & grenades went through the roof.
  15. FBVanu

Maybe you just don't know enough players in this game.
    If you play for your KDR, you might be focusing on the wrong value.
    If all you do is judge other players by their KDR.. you are focusing on the wrong value.

Your argument seems to be that vehicles are only good for KDR.. when most players don't even care about KDR.

Nobody cares about your or my KDR.. and if they do care, they have mental and comprehension issues,
    that are beyond this forum. Every time anyone brings up KDR into a balance discussion, they just show
    how shallow and uninformed they are. It also sounds petty and jealous.. over something that doesn't matter.

Please try to stay on topic of balance, and, in this case, the original promise that vehicles will get the hammer
    nerf, in exchange for some reduction in Infantry AV lethality at a later time... Now it turns out that this later time
    is never going to happen, but the big tank shell nerfs did! And they were very drastic.
    Consequently, tankers feel they have been had, lied to, ignored etc.. and that impression is perfectly logical.

Instead of the promised AV reduction, or tank HP increase, now we would like to know if SOE/DBG will make it
    up to the players in any other way. Not revert back to the shells of Jan of 2014, but at least some increases.

If infantry had their weapons nefed in the way the tanks got nerfed.. there would be a huge outcry about it.

Tankers did not complain, as much, since the promise was for balance later.

And now that tanks ask for a little bit of something, now all infantry is up in arms and claiming that current tanks are
    too much.. and that they don't need any more balancing ? Do you see where most of the infantry arguments in this
    thread make absolutely no sense in this regard?
    • Up x 2
  16. HadesR

Be nice to hear from a Dev to get a definite answer .. But might need to prepare yourselves for the news that they might in the games current climate think things are ok as they are ...

Current climate being a shallow TDM arcade game with half finished features and a skeleton crew ..

But only the Dev's know for sure ..
  17. quatin

This was because resources was never an effective inhibitor to pulling vehicles. Before the combined resource system, it was still like ~10 minutes to get enough resources for another MBT and your pool would let you pull 2x MBTs back to back.Very rarely did anyone have to wait for resources to pull a vehicle.

The revamp was supposed to change all that, but the 2nd stage never got implemented.
  18. day ofm one

May I introduce you to myself then? ;)

I don't care about my KDR, what I play the game for is firstly fun and secondly the challenge.
    The challlenge is not farming my KDR but outsmarting the enemy to get later outsmarted yourself and have to adapt.

I love tanks for being in a tank, I enjoy the mechanics and the completely different feeling compared to playing as infantry.

Kills are a part of this challenge, mostly against other vehicles.

Trying to outsmart the opponent with a tank is completely different compared to doing it as infantry.

I just enjoy to sneak up closely for some rear armor hits or shoot at enemy vehicles over long range.

A decent ammount of time I spend in a tank, infantry is either completely out of render distance or so far away a hit is very hard and ususlly not worth the ammo.

These are the same reasons I fly for, again the challenge and the completely different experience.

I am a terrible pilot, yet I still try to improve.

If you don't believe me, feel free to look at yesterdays flying attempts ;)
    https://recursiontracker.com/?p=c&c=saved&id=39373

My first 6 Scythes did a 180° flip while landing and exploded, then I got a few kills on ground targets when I found no aircrafts (until I changed to the afterburners later on).
    While trying to save a friendly Scythe from a Reaver, I managed to hit the Scythe with a few shots and blew it up by accident :(
    The rest of the time was getting rekt by most Reavers I engaged, killing mostly smoking Liberators on long range and crashing into one by accident.
    In the end the Liberators chased me over entire Esamir to kill me at last.

You can see, I am not a very skilled pilot, yet I try to learn it for the sake of having fun because it being so different.
    I am a decent tanker, yet I play for the same reasons, for the fun.

It may raise my KDR or it may drop it, I don't care because what I want is fun.
    I have no fun at purely racking up kills, that is why I like Medic and Engineer, it is more than just killing, it is again a challenge.
  19. Jake the Dog

At this point I don't know if the devs are humans. Im starting to think that they're a giant oozing mass of flesh that caters to the mob of infantry. Their nervous system is directly connected to reddit and will buff/nerf whatever the majority want... You think they're going to give us new stuff for our tanks, but they're going to take it away at the last minute like our HP buff...

That was only half sarcastic. Im pretty sure the devs are blobs of flesh directly connected to the internet...
    Or was that sarcastic? I don't know what to think anymore...
    • Up x 2
  20. CursoryRaptor

You know that one pic of Luperza from when she was still community manager? If you tilt your head about 30 degrees to the right, squint a little with your left eye, rub your belly, and sing the Swiss national anthem backwards in Russian with a French accent, you can see a tentacle in the background of that picture.

I think it's a dev tentacle.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.