When are Domeshields going to be implemented?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PastalavistaBB, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Phyr

Calling them "cod kids" doesn't mean they're "cod kids" and doesn't support your argument in the slightest.

"I don't like it because someone else likes it" That makes you a hipster, a dirty, dirty hipster.

Why?
  2. Corporate Thug

Were they ever really in the "fight" to begin with? I think most of the problem comes when one side is being steam rolled and don't have the ability or man power to deal with the air. Most even fights don't have problems with air units farming in my experience. When you are outnumbered and have to deal with infantry, tanks and air then it gets annoying. I do agree that dome shields will prevent pilots from participating in battles, but I don't think anyone wants dome shields at all bases. Dome shields that are tied to generators at a few bases would be pretty win to be honest. It would make that shielded base more defensible, in which it seems a good portion of the bases now seem to favor the attackers or the zerg, and it wouldn't exclude pilots if it was tied to a generator. Populations will never be completely balanced so why not give the underdogs a bit more defense, if even at bases that are in close proximity to warp gates. To be fair, people complained a bunch about tanks, which are easier to deal with given that it doesn't require much skill for anyone to be effective in a tank, yet we got walls to counter something that was easier to counter. How could a few dome shields hurt our gameplay? Tankers have to leave their vehicles or rely on others to take down generators, why should pilots who generally command more destructive force not have to do the same.
  3. BillBoBaggins

W
    Well it is already implemented on Hossin,so suck it up you 99%.
  4. TheFamilyGhost

Lattice was a severe blow to re-playability.

Removing combined arms play would be a deathblow to replayability.
  5. Zar

lol we will by not playing there long live esmir amerish and indar lol. that's if we ever even get hossin lol still betting the reason it was delayed and set to july is they switched so many devs over to H1Z1 the game is left in the wind i think.
  6. Zar

lol i still call bs cause they making a zombie MMO on the same ******* engine your telling me a zombie game won't have doors!:eek: will be corpse chow !
  7. z1967

Just my personal take on this. I do wish that the Call of Duty franschise would try to bring in some new stuff. Extinction mode for CoD: Ghosts is a step in the right direction, I just wish the rest of the game lived up to expectations.
  8. Zar

i wish it die a fiery death so we could get away from this cancer of a game play style of reward the most time invested + luck + EPEEN= good style of games. COD is and forever will be the reason from 2008 - when ever it dies ruined FPS games.
  9. Titan6

I actually like the idea of it being tied to it's own Generator. That would actually force air zergs to bring along ground units in order to take a facility, thus combing arms! It's perfect really.
  10. z1967

Meh, I wish that their community would improve and that they would at least make an effort to innovate. Along with not shafting their PC fans through cruddy ports. Most of the problems with CoD stem from the community. Then again, FPS communities are probably the most hostile and toxic of all multi-player gaming communities :|
  11. JesusVoxel

As much as I hate the idea of domeshields, I would still rather take that than be constantly farmed By br100 MLGpro1337 -players with their liberators.

You have to pull full squad worth of AA to even scare them off and then they just run away, fix their farm machine in few seconds and find another easy place to farm, until enough people decide to pull AA there and the cycle continues.

Liberator at it's current form simply ruins combined arms gameplay and I would rather see it and the farmers using them removed from this game.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cinnamon

Last I heard they were taking too much developer time to code so they worked properly. I think that they have problems with not damaging vehicles that pass through them.
  13. Wecomeinpeace

Now i don't know how you people use your skyguards, but personally i can keep atleast two adjacent hexes clean aslong as there isn't a whole air force attacking. Placement is key, if you do it right and have decent sniping skills with that thing pilots will HATE you. Any ESF you lure into your perfect spot is just toast, and any liberator will retreat. If you play the skyguard as a sniper you will keep the air clean and barely ever die. I found it to be the statpadding weapon of my choice.

I do agree though that especially liberators tend to play trollside in smaller skirmishes, ruining them in the process. Also when there is absolutely no aircraft around you have to either throw away your tank or drive over all the friggin' map to find another front.

Bottomline though: Skyguard rocks!
  14. Zar

lol you think cod is the most hostile ? noooo that title belongs to MOBA games. most childish yes i agree with that but the game as a whole is awful and like wow in mmos has made the whole market for fps games just copy's of a sad and unskilled game model.
  15. Zar

i can do it with one max suit and extended mags if i had a 2nd max id kill them
    • Up x 1
  16. axiom537

Actually it only takes 2-3 people from your group to take care of an enemy liberator that is killing your ground forces. Just have 2 or 3 people from your squad or platoon, pull a Shredder/Walker Liberator or 2-3 Reavers and they can retake the Air above the objective you are fighting for.

Or invite ZAR, he'll have your back with his extended Mag Burster...

Problem solved....
  17. PastalavistaBB

So the only vehicle which it's counter is the same type of vehicle in this game is the Liberator? That's total BS.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tuco

Air needs to be nerfed.
  19. PastalavistaBB

How about buffing AA instead, so it can actually kill Liberators?
    • Up x 1
  20. axiom537

No there are plenty of counters to Air, you could pull a bunch of lock-on rockets, Bursters Max, Skyguard, Dual Walker Sunderer, etc etc.

However, at any objective in this game there is more then just the ground game. If you only want to play on the ground, that is your right and you can pull one of the many ground based AA weapons in the game, except none of them is going to be able to chase down an Air vehicle. Air vehicles operate above the battle field in the AIR and if your opponent decides they are going to control the AIR, then you need to match that.

That is not BS, If you are in a squad or platoon that does not have at least 1 or 2 players in the Air then you do not have a properly formed squad. That's like foot zerging to a base with out a sunderer and then complaining you do not have a spawn point, or trying to hold a point with out a mix of max's, engineers and medics. They all fulfill a ROLE, just like having a friendly ESF, Liberator or Galaxy in your squad as well.

In my outfit we rarely run a squad or platoon with out at least 1 or 2 reavers or a liberator, because they provide the group with a better view of what is ahead, they allows us to scout our target, provide Air vs Air support and they assist in protecting the ground troops by finding enemy troops or vehicles...And guess what, we rarely if ever have issue with enemy Air craft...