What's the most satisfying role/class to play (for you)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Nov 24, 2013.

1. SenEvason

LA. Nothing is more satisfying than coming down on top of an enemy when they least expect it, killing a few, then hoping over a wall as they notice me and start to fire at me. I really like that "Ha ha, can't get me!" moment.

As for the medic hate, I can't really blame someone for not acting as a medic when SOE only gave one class the ARs. Good, all purpose weapons, and you don't give it to multiple classes...
    • Up x 1
  2. Kunavi

With support or Solo : MAX. If I can't pick that, then Engineer or Heavy. It's VERY difficult to decide which of the 2 but I think the Engie wins this due to easier XP farming and being a bit more practical.

Engineer = AV/AI Sniper Cannon which doubles as mobile cover, lots of things that go Boom!, a funky Sticky Nade which is infinitely better than regular ones due to PS2 "Physics"; Infinite Ammo, easy to farm XP either supporting or playing aggressively; Can use MediKit yet still use Ammo packs(Though I don't like MediKits it has to be noted as an advantage); Has access to some really nice weapons... And is the Go-To class if you're piloting. I mean, what DON'T they do? And they help keep MAXs up. Rezzing people is OK and may be important now and then, but it's more important to keep that Sundie up or to keep that MAX up. And they help a lot more in certain Facilities due to Generators and Turrets. I think I've covered it all, right? :p

Heavy is just fun and simple to play as, hit ResistShield and go in blazing. I like how blowing #$*& up feels with the Rocket Launchers, especially Infantr, all standing close to each other ;P Cheap, I know... But effective if you're near an Ammo Pack or Terminal. And you can drop MAXs if you play it right. They also have access to C4 and MediKits. They've got enough Ammo too, can't complain... HAs feel like smaller MAX versions.

I didn't comment on the MAXs on purpose, nothing to say, mowing down Infantry is exhilarating. Fast. Furious. I've only used ZOE in VR, I think it's absolute OverKill yet I understand why the VS would not want it made weaker. Dat Feel must be great, if say, a TR or an NC MAX both feel so nice!

I used to run Infiltrator. But at one point I decided I took too much #*$& in the face from SOE(What we can and can't do as Infiltrators) and PS2's population's general sentiments about Infiltrators are pure /HateQQ pushing this class in a direction I'm not willing to follow nor agree with. I think it's turning out to be very different from what I initially thought. On the rare occasion I'll attempt to switch to Infiltrator I quickly find out how limited they are, how situational and how I could do 80% of what I have to do as Infiltrator, better, playing ANY other class including LA(Who at least are given a Jet-Pack and C4- And we all know what this combination can do). I know SMG Infils can be a nuisance... Rocket spams can really make a difference though. So can a Resist Shield, more than Cloaking. So can an AV MANA Turret.

TLDR : MAX(Feels absolutely great, brutal if you know how to play one, more so if ZOE) > Engie(It's just too versatile due to the AV Turret and easy XP and still fun- Also much needed) > HA(Feels great and doesn't cost, can Snipe with RL too).

*Cough*

PS : Honourable Mention ; Being a Gunner in Lib, Sunderer, Harasser or piloting an MBT.