What's the most satisfying role/class to play (for you)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Nov 24, 2013.

1. FocusLight

As much as I appreciate a good burn, this is really not the place. Take it to private conversation if you want this to go on because by now about half the posts in this topic are completely off-topic.
    • Up x 1
  2. iEnvy

None of them, or you could say all of them.
    Seeing as its impossible to play with the random and rather extreme lag thats going on, on all of the EU servers as far as I can tell..
    And it has been this way for a week now, and all any SOE related "person" has to say about it is "Yea we know"

But you know, good on you for thinking I care about SOE nerfing any of my "toys", but it just goes to show what kind of douchebags live on this forums anyway and that its a complete waste of my time.
    • Up x 2
  3. Earthman

Your whiteknighting and self-congratulations is entertaining, but it has to be embarassing for you by now.

I said I'd let you get last words, and boy did you indulge yourself, but spare everyone here already. No one cares, least of all me.
  4. Earthman

Thank you.

I'd hardly call it a burn as much as "stamping in a corner shouting for attention" though.
  5. Earthman

I'm assuming that in almost any online game that no matter how something is optimized it will break for at least one person.

The game's running very good for me, better than ever, but this isn't a "I got mine" statement as much as a statement of difference.

The word "toy" may have been misplaced. As a video game in a fantasy sci fi setting, I figured it was a good catch all for all our equipment.
  6. Monkeydmomo

My favorite class is the combat medic because I prefer the assault rifles, specifically the HV-45, and the free self heal. Thanks to the fire rate of my AR I melt resist shield heavy assaults with one magazine to the head, making killing any other class a breeze.
  7. Earthman

I agree about medic appeal, though it can drive me up a wall when I see a "medic" running around ignoring everyone and using the nanocloud only.
  8. Paperlamp

Light Assault or Infiltrator - I guess the role being "killing stuff"/flanking. They're the most interesting to use for me, while I play all classes when rolling with a platoon, if I'm just casually playing those are usually my go-to classes depending on the environment I'm dealing with. I do play medic or engi for the certs sometimes too though, or obviously engi for when I want to use a tank / kill tanks from an evil spot with AV turret, or...camp a spawn with noob tubes. It's kind of a cheesy class...

Cloak and Jets are just more active and involving abilities relative to the others, you have to put more thought into their use. Medic, Engi, even HA is boring by comparison.
  9. Earthman

It's not exactly flanking, but you may be surprised how effective it is to cloak, run directly into a crowd of guys, and start knifing.

People get so confused they often shoot each other!
  10. Paperlamp

I've been that infiltrator milling around an enemy sunderer on a lucky knife killing spree against seemingly oblivious players before so I know what you mean.
  11. Earthman

Sometimes I don't feel bad about having no C4.

Sunderers can be cert farms.
  12. Morpholine

I really enjoy playing foot engineer. There's always a constant stream of xp coming in from somewhere, between shooting, repairing, resupplying, and mines.

A close second is HA, as the most versatile "I kill things" class. Unfortunately, the outfit usually needs HA in greater quantities than engineers, so it's frequently all HA all the time for me.
  13. JesNC

Server performance, most likely.

Why so condescending?

OT: Currently the Infiltrator with a scout rifle tickles my fancy, but HA is always nice for big infantry fights.
    • Up x 1
  14. Earthman

It seems all the rage on this forum, that's why.

But going with the relevant part of your reply, it can be hard to find big infantry fights. Awesome, but then again so is emptying a Zephyr into a crowd around a Sunderer, and just as rare an opportunity.
  15. JesNC

Lately it seems I can't go a few hundred meters on Miller/Indar without hitting a meatgrinder... I guess it's just the SW warpgate.
  16. Earthman

Connery TR warpgate is a giant kick-me sign. The defensive positions are all surrounded for territories around it with high cliffs, so the "sniping is so hard and its so rare to do it well" K/D ratio padders regularly have a field day.
  17. ComradeHavoc

Infiltrator, and not the SM-bi ches, it's satisfying to get headshots from 300+ meters.
  18. Mhak

CQB engi. Dumping mines everywhere, constantly having to resupply for more, GD-7F or shotgun for 1v1s, ammo near heavies/MAXs.

I'm not as good at long range with the AV turret as some engis are, I just can't snipe with it. I probably need to lower my mouse sensitivity a lot.
  19. Padapong

padapong ( TR ):
    engineer: repairing maxes, dropping ammo and tankmines.
    infiltrator: spamming darts.

padapung ( NC ):
    engineer: repairing maxes.

i can see 5 engineers and yell "i need ammo", but no one's listening.
    i can see 5 infiltrators and ask them to spam darts, but all i see 'n' hear is cloakfart and decloakfart. Kinda annoying if you ask me.
  20. Teegeeack

It wasn't a whine. You overreacted.
    • Up x 2