What's the most satisfying role/class to play (for you)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Nov 24, 2013.

1. MasterCheef

LA. Once i got used to jetpacking around, it became hard to play another class. I feel handicapped not being able to just fly over obstacles.
    • Up x 2
  2. NC_agent00kevin

You derailed it in the first place, dont try to play the good guy now.
    • Up x 1
  3. Earthman

If you want to keep sniveling about me you can make a thread about that and find the right subforum for it.

Being pretentious and condescending is not helping the people you're whiteknighting for.
  4. Earthman

I disagree.

In simpler words, my post was "it seems that people were fine playing support classes, and oh look the first infiltrator to respond is whining".

And look at the responses to that. Or don't. And resume the thread.
  5. Necron

Role: Counter-sniper; I love killing me some sneaky bastiches. Class: LA; JJ FTW.
    • Up x 1
  6. Earthman

I agree here. It's not my first choice of favorite class, but sometimes I've had enough luck and good timing to fly up to some perch somewhere, and catch people with such acute tunnel vision that they don't so much as turn around before I've giftwrapped some C4, just to be festive.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

Theres that pot and kettle thing again. With a dash of hypocrisy too! You're so smart man, I wish I was cool like you.

Insults random forum guy.

Doesnt like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Insults that guy too.

Tried to be the good guy suddenly.

Denies derailing thread with response solely focused on chastising someone for their reply.

A reply that was on topic, and then fails to answer OP's question because he is so proud of himself for making fun of someone else.

Has feelings hurt, starts calling names.

You are here. What next?
    • Up x 1
  8. FrontTowardEnemy

Dual Burster MAX/Skyguard.

Air power controls the game. Those who control they skies control the ground, those who control the ground control the objective. So, I do everything I can to remove every last enemy aircraft from the sky. Plus, listening to pilots whine that I blew up their ESF and now they have to wait for the timer is pretty fun too.
  9. Earthman

You're still sniveling, and I frankly don't know what your personal stake is with me. No one else is interested.

At least post stuff relevant to the thread. If this is some sort of childish last word game to you, have at it. I'll be responding to useful posters.
  10. Earthman

Ugh. You remind me how badly I need to save up certs for extended magazines, with the VS MAX or otherwise.

So many times I had to reload while someone was flying away on fire. Still, fun to use.
    • Up x 1
  11. Arbite

Light Assault. Nothing days surprise like coming at a group of enemies that thought they were behind cover. Like so many others have said, I feel restrained without my jet pack on other classes.
  12. IamDH

Recently Light Assault. Its really weird i always played HA then i realized how HA is just the meat shield that pushes forward

LA are the thinkers
  13. iEnvy

The most satisfying thing in this game atm is quitting 5 seconds after you logged in realising that "yea theyre still too incapable of doing anything and the servers are still a mess, nope not gonna deal with this **** today"

So I guess the most satisfying class is none of em, as even trying to play, no matter what class, is frustrating because SOE sucks.
  14. uhlan

Medic is rewarding only if you like being taken for granted consistently or happen to be a team player in your bones. The upside is the xp is really good.

Most favored class is Engineer. I can do tons of stuff and still do enough to keep the fight going in a group. XP isn't bad either.

While I do favor one class over the others, I find myself swaping out to fill the voids left by supremely selfish players who think only of themselves. Which means I do it constantly.
  15. Earthman

There, there.

What class/toy in particular did they take away from you?
  16. Earthman

It takes the patience of Job to be a medic sometimes.

Hell, look at the attitude on this forum. It bleeds into the game. Bunch of chestbeating cavemen hooting about K/D ratios without the slightest appreciation of the guy that revives em.
    • Up x 1
  17. WyrdHarper

Engineer. I love the versatilty of the role, and the weapon selection is fairly interesting for TR. I like supporting allies, running back and forth between isolated friendlies to keep them supplied with ammo. I love being able to outrepair enemy damage on MAXes and vehicles with my maxed engi gun, as well as disable mines. Mines and turrets are fun, and make you excellent at solo point defense if necessary. You also get so many sweet revenge kills. I regularly fly and drive sunderers, and gun for tanks/harassers, and so I'm usually in a good position to help out my allies in any circumstance.

Plus, sexy backpack and armband.
  18. NC_agent00kevin

You keep using the word sniveling. I dont think it means what you think it means.

This little exercise is to show you what its like when someone randomly trolls you. Dont deny it hasnt got your jimmies rustled; it didnt take long before you started calling names and using words like 'sniveling'. This is indicative of someone who needs to feel big inside, much like the context of your reply to whatshisface. Words like 'childish, sniveling, pretentious are how you belittle people, much like you tried to do here:

and then replied to the guy again, here:

You entered the thread and personally attacked someone, without the slightest hint of actually wanting to participate in the discussion.

Now we can clearly see that you got all worked up about it when someone did the same thing to you. You didnt like it, and tried to make it go away by pretending to actually care about the thread....after completely ignoring the OP and replying to someone else with the sole purpose of belittlement. You personally attacked his/her intelligence in your subsequent reply, all the while completely ignoring the actual point of the thread until it suited your needs. Once it became clear that you werent going to 'win' the thread, you replied to several posts consecutively in an attempt to appear like you actually care about what these fine people have to say - but lets not forget you insulted and attacked someone twice without the slightest bit of relevance to the topic - until it was necessary to try to save some face and escape what you did.

So not only did you attack someone for no reason and then take offense when the same thing was done to you, but now you are simply using these people to appear that you arent such a bad guy after all.

Your trolling needs some serious work dude. If you are going to dish it out, you best be able to take it. Otherwise, you wind up here, with egg all over you face.
    • Up x 3
  19. FocusLight

Heavy Assault mostly. I love being in the thick of the fight, no matter what game. EVE Online? Close-range Blaster-boats. Any Fantasy related game? Warrior/Close Combat oriented melee monster. PS2 is no different. I'm the guy that volunteer to charge in first or just take the initiative and conc the room then charge in despite the thick fire. Though I usually die first too I manage to consistently take down at least one guy in most cases if not more and by breaking in like that those who follow have an easier time. That's durability and firepower that no other class besides the MAX has, and that thing costs resources. And then there is the Anti-Tank and Anti-air options. Love em.

Other than that there is Combat Medic. As the de-facto Medium Assault that both LA and HA derive their meaning from it's a very capable class for combat, and I can heal and revive all my wounded/dead allies as well. Very rewarding, very good for certs, very good for teamwork. I just got ot remember that I'm not supposed to rush in first as if I was still playing HA /o\

All other classes have their charm as well, so I do mix it up quite often, but it's usually these two.
  20. Hibiki54

Heavy Assault.

Hits hard and can take hits. Nothing like carrying around a 100 round mag of GodSAW and toting a freedom rocket.

Plus, I enjoy driving ground-based fighting vehicles in this game. Vanguard's, Battle Buses (no AMS mod) and the Harasser. Vehicles that require teamwork to be really effective.