What's the most satisfying role/class to play (for you)?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hoki

Sniper+mines inf behind enemy lines.

Being the ultimate pain in the ***.
  2. Earthman

Yeah, maybe.

I'm waiting for you to comment on the walls of text being sent my way eventually, but that would be even-handedness and we can't have that. :rolleyes:
  3. Earthman

As much as it can suck being killed by prox mines, its fully legitimate and it's a reason to keep on your toes when in a group and otherwise apparently "safe" somewhere.

Which adds spice to the game. And no I dont even have mines certed.
  4. Zorro

Light assault. The most satisfying moment possible is destroying an enemy command post single-handedly and escaping in the blink of an eye.
  5. Earthman

Escaping is highly optional to me!
  6. Zazen

My favorite is medic, engineer & MAX. Primarily because, even in 100 vs. 100 battles, a really good medic, MAX and to a less likely degree, engineer, doing the perfect thing, at the perfect time, can change the outcome of the battle. When that happens, and it's rare, it's a euphoric feeling, like a cosmic tuning fork in your brain resonating, like you are in harmony with the universe, playing in the moment.

That's not to say it's not possible with any other class, it would just be an even more rare occurrence.
  7. Monkeydmomo

Last time I checked the class was titled as a "combat" medic. Therefore combat comes first and then the medic part. I'm not going to stop in the middle of a firefight to resurrect the guy who died beside me.
  8. Earthman

I don't disagree there at all.

But the "combat" part can make the "medic" part evaporate entirely, such as the guy who doesn't use the medical tool even when the firefight's over and just runs off to rejoin the zerg.
  9. doombro

Burster MAX.

RIP.
  10. Meeka

Infiltrator... it's always fun when you defeat a MAX 1v1 with an Infiltrator. :p
  11. Meeka

Honestly, if they don't do something about the "medic" chain... medics raising medics to fight, etc... I think they should force medics to be able to only use pistols, and nothing else.
  12. Silver Fox

I think they just need to slow down the revive rate a little.
  13. ironeddie

LA. Just using the jet pack to reach places others can not puts a smile on my face. And successfully c4'ing a tank & surviveing I find that very rewarding.

I know it's not a class though it is a role & that's being a tanker. If I'm in my mag with a good gunner that I find very rewarding.
    • Up x 1
  14. FrontTowardEnemy

Soooooo worth it my friend. :D I certed ZOE 5 *JUST* so I'd have that little bit more damage for bursters. Then they nerfed the Burster damage bonus. :(
  15. Eravel

Medic. See that mob of infantry that just got up? Courtesy of the four Revive Grenades I keep on me at all times. Got lolpodded? They all get up a few seconds later ready to fight again. Being a Medic pays well ^^ Having great assault rifles are just a bonus.
  16. Kid Gloves

Galaxy pilot.

I love doing close air support - putting fire on enemy ground targets, putting troops on places where the enemy don't want troops, etc.

On the ground, skyguard or medic. Skyguard because not enough people do and it's fun to play hunt-the-ESF. Medic because being able to rez people is great, and having one of the best guns in the game for mid-long range combat is awesome fun. Counter-sniping as a medic never gets old.
  17. p1nkbr0

I love playing engie/medic equally. I always enjoy keeping the battle going by rezing our soldiers, or repairing the only sundy. When nobody is on, i repair turrets so when the next battle comes, they could have a chance!

In large battles, i usually run around healing and reviving people all over the place. I love being able to help other people whenever i get the chance, and if i die, so what? I just revived 6 people, or fully repaired a sundy so more people can spawn.

My k/d is awful, but if you were to measure the amount of revives, or repairs per death, it would be awesome!!! Medic/Engie are my favorites! :D
  18. Monkeydmomo

That's true, I've witnessed it myself, thankfully I'm an individual who can think for himself and not a brain dead zergling.
  19. p1nkbr0

I have just witnessed this exact thing today. I wish i could have recorded it.

I was dead trying to revive heaps of fallen soldiers. I was one of maybe 3 medics doing their job right, while the others were shooting and using their nano-iCloud-of-happiness. I was killed, so was one of the others, and the third went to the other side. Along side me were others calling for a medic. I, rather sarcastically, replied something along the lines of, "They don't care, all they want to do is shoot, and try to see if they get any certs."

Another dull-witted medic replied, "That's why they call it a COMBAT medic."

Finally, somebody else replied, "It's still your job to revive us. That's why you're a medic."

A few others joined in, and i redeployed somewhere else. It's obvious i wasn't going to get revived...
    • Up x 1
  20. Kelu

Pilot of a Liberator or Battle Whale. I love helping other people get tons of certs from many vehicle/infantry kills and assists while helping shift the battle towards our favor. Special delivery for sundies, spawn rooms, armor columns, infantry groups, all with free shipping and handling. :D