WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Cyki

Sorry Luperza i am not sure if i should be angry or really dissapointed.
    Are your Team seriously, to deleted the contributed personal point in the middle of the first week? I mean i am not angry or dissapointed because many peoples including me was nearly the 2k care package. No it is the follow things what will happend. You buffed with this deleting action the most powerful Faction on all Servers!!!

1. All have now the chance or have to collect alle personal contributed again. All who had already 2k contributed can get all packages again and i focus on the booster and maybe "weapons" they can received. This really make me angry and dissapointed in one line. Because i was also nearly 2k. You will say hey i could get new booster and gimmicks again......yes i can.

On my Server i had the feeling i just fight against under Level 10 (4th faction) or Level 90-100 peoples but seldom between this of the Terran Faction. And now you give them indirectly a buff to say hey i switch to the better most powerful faction because there i can receive easily my care package AGAIN! and also push the peoples who are already have high levels to get the Rank 100.....

2. With the new point allocation change to cap or def a base it is impossible to get the Terran Empire they are already to far away on my Server. At the weekend i was confident we can get it but now.....

Did your Team learned nothing from the first Season? Changes in the running system without a full reset is $§"!%§$%. Why the Empire System Points on all Server wasnt deleted? Why the changes didnt come in the beginning of the second week, without deleting the personal contributed points and in the beginning you could easily delete only the Empire WDS Overall Points? In fact a full reset in week 2.....

Now many peoples going crazy because the hard earned personal contributed points are gone and like me they are demotivated to play again. Uhm ja except the powerful factions on the servers are happy to receive more boosts again and can level up the 4th fraction char or get faster with his main char to rank 100.....

Congratulation you did it in the wrong way in my opinion.....
  2. GoodFight

Bullborn's post on page 1 has many good ideas/observations.

IMO, WDS shouldn't be trying to fix everything that is "wrong" with PS2, it should be only one facet of PS2. So, yes, fix the obvious broken parts of WDS, but I'd drop the expectation that one event should fix PS2.

Here's some player pesepective: I have 6 chars, 1 of each faction on 2 servers. Guess what? Yes, I'll be trying to get 2000 personal points on each character, each week. I'm willing to put the time in to do this even with other games running time consuming events.

And lastly an anectdote: We were at a small base. It got rushed by numbers putting us at a 1 to 2 against disadvantage. We fought for an hour (or more), the fighting was intense. We held our ground, and as the points for WDS were about to kick in, someone said, "Wow, can't wait for the points! We should be getting a lot!" --- Well, Bobby, that's not how WDS works. We got 3 or 4 points.
    • Up x 1
  3. chrisarn94

Is this why I logged on this afternoon to find my 560 or so contribution points to be reset?
  4. ncDieseL

Buddy, this does you a favour. The rewards are the same for all tiers, and you'll get to tier 1 and 2 in no time. Tier 3 is a grind for no extra reward. I guess if you were within 200 points of the 2k then it sucks a little, but still overall it's probably done you a favour.
  5. Wutaaa

All I see is a bunch of complaining, self entitled whining, "fourth faction" nonsense and excuses on why population has anything to do with being able to win. I can recall many occasions where I have seen Outfits like the one I'm in SVC (Supreme Vanu Crew,) JENK and DPSO pull some pretty crazy captures and defends while we were usually out numbered. About 4 weeks ago I was in a squad with Luperza and we won an alert in which were were outnumbered by at least 4 to1. The next day myself and a "Platoon" of 15 people captured territory and defended to win an alert in which were were outnumbered at least 12 to 1. I can also be very vindictive. A couple of days ago I was on Indar and we were losing a territory to NC back cappers. I switched to my NC character, keep in mind I absolutely loathe NC and TR. I infiltrated their ranks, performed a direct team kill strike on a key point VS was trying to get into and the place was immediately taken. Who am I? I AM WYNDEXX. I am "THE ONE" they talk about. I am a LOYAL VANU SOVEREIGNTY PLAYER ON CONNERY. That one player who comes in from nowhere and turns the tide of battle, simply by using tactics I learned in life, like being as conniving as NC and TR hackers/aimbots or playing other games like HALO (my first fps) , COD, DOOM, or any other FPS game. I guarantee you I'm not the only one doing this. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a heated battle for someplace and out of nowhere some low level "friendly" shows up and starts team killing people and the huge fight we put up was lost. Sometimes it's a group of vet players with a couple newbs. I'd record it when it happens but my computer lags so badly when streaming to Twitch. I can't seem to get it to record to Youtube and each time I try Video capture, I get an error saying the video capture has exceeded its memory limit.

If I can pull together a PUG and do EPIC stuff with just a few people, WITHOUT hacking, aimbotting or cheating, SO CAN YOU! Stop focusing on BS like camo, "fourth faction" ... we all know some people have to play all of the factions, and population. A few smart people are usually always going to best a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing. DO start focusing on things like AIMBOTTERS and people using glitches in the geometry to get easy repeat kills. What about the client just randomly quitting to desktop, the game freezing to where you have to force quit to get out, or the any number of bugs where i logout with a cpl hundred certs and come back to see I only have a few... or better yet... Why is my Harasser so easy to blow up? Why do I lag so badly over large fights I can't get an aircraft near enough to make the radar certs useful? Why is it so easy to shot down my Scythe with small arms? Why does my Scythe not have the same stock flight speed as the Reaver or Mosquito? I've flown a stock Reaver... it is most definitely faster and more agile than my Scythe that has a cpl levels into each of the upgrades. I feel like I'm flying alien technology that moves about as fast as a postal buggy and each time I go out in a Scythe, I deliver myself right to the NC or TR Skyguards and those level 100 pilots. There is so much more I've seen over the past year it's not funny, but there isn't enough room here nor the time to go over every single incident. Just get out there and play the game!
  6. dylon

they won't nerf either in my opinion there were actually forums when the JH sucked that even TR admitted it needed triple burst ect which they did and now you complain? both MCG and JH are both weps that were asked by players to get a update both NC and TR knew the empire weapons were weak so please don't complain about something people asked for.
  7. ncDieseL

That's not really a bad thing. You will get tier 1 and 2 again, which will be quicker than trying to get to tier 3 had you kept your points, and the rewards are the same for all tiers.
  8. Alopix

Increasing defense points is only going to make the problem worse. The reason people are just alternating ghost capping continents and playing imperial musical chairs is that trying to attack a defended base without overwhelming odds is just giving points away to the enemy; this makes that problem directly worse. There is now even less incentive for an attacking force that doesn't consist of overwhelming numbers to attack a base that is defended, because if they fail even once at a clocked-up tech plant or even a small outpost, they will have given the enemy several times as many points as they gain if they succeed.
  9. MurderBone

Funny to see population balance changes a year into the game, but just as soon as NC finally had advantage. Where were these changes for the past year? TR and Vanu both had months and months of strong population advantage, but as soon as NC get it, devs decide to make changes.

Guess devs just love to **** on NC. We have the lowest performing MBTs, ESFs, and MAXes. Can't nerf our organization they do the next best thing.
  10. Simion

I had ~ 1650 point. Today I had to get another 350 and get the last package.
    Now I lost everything and have to start over ;( .
  11. dylon

I agree but the problem is when continent locking happens what will happen to the players that get forced out of one continent? they may end up going to a place and making a big pop difference. I don't think they'll be able to do this until they release atleast 2 more conintents.
  12. chrisarn94

Yes, except for the fact that I'm an NC playing on Mattherson, and the VS is absolutely shutting us down.
  13. Sirspankypants

Why do we earn certs for captures anyway? Why don't we get certs for kills/support and a smaller amount ticked on like a resource? A certain number of certs per territory per x amount of time. In that situation holding more territory (expanding where you can and keeping hold of what you've already got = om nom nom goood. Zerging eachother in circles = pointless.

I'm probably missing something simple yet vital, granted, but it's something that I've wondered about a few times.
  14. NoLifeGamer

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm VS on Connery and I've noticed every time an alert starts we get a lot of people, who usually are low level and never seen before players, flipping gal's in the warpgate or TKing everyone with a tank. Glad to see SOE is gunna help put a stop to all this 4th faction garbage.

Kinda hoping they do something like only giving people 1 character slot or if there's a pattern of messing with other's alerts then it switches so the person who's doing that only gets 1 slot. I'm tired of trying to go to indar or something during an alert and having a 50+ ppl cue only to get there and see the warpgate full of flipped gal's and random 4th factioners having a "dance party" in the middle of the warpgate. There's no way 4th factioners only make up 1%
  15. ncDieseL

So? As I said, you'll get Tier 1 & Tier 2 again now, where as without the reset you would have had to grind up to Tier 3, and then that would have been it, no more rewards.

If SOE could just reset the points every time I pass the 200 mark that would be grand! :p
  16. Luperza Community Manager

This issue will be resolved.

Originally posted here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...nce-february-11-2014-6-am-pt-3-pm-cet.172463/
  17. Tuco

• Up x 1
  18. TheBigHert

As someone who earn 2K WDS received nothing but single use camo's, it's not the value of the reward (or lack thereof) that peeves me, rather the discrepancy in the value of the rewards. A useful gun is not equivalent to 5 or 10 or single use camos. If you’re going to dole our weapons to some people, at least make the alternatives something of equal value, like a vehicle mount, or side arm.
  19. klishingoff

Well did you guys take away everyone's points? I was at 1980 the other day and the week cant be over since it started on Friday...
  20. AdmiralArcher

well, its a start, but now i guess the worry would be, why would anyone attack if its just going to give the enemy far more points if you fail?

a counter arguement might be "greater organization and thought out attacks = higher win probablilty"

however, its nearly impossible to win against superior numbers in this game, so even with the handicap im not sure if this will turn out ok
    • Up x 1