WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Wutaaa

I take back what I said about epic. I just tried to take out a smalL group of TR... lvl 2's and what not.. NO DEATHS FROM DIRECT HITS FROM HORNET MISSILES?!? WTF? A little earlier I tried several times with a scythe to take out a cpl lvl 100 libs... they belly roll and one shot my Scythe not once, but multiple times. I am VERY FK N AGGRAVATED. SCREW THIS GAME. SCREW SOE. SCREW PUTTING ANY MORE MONEY INTO BULL ****. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW WHAT THE **** THEY ARE DOING. >:{
  2. CommissarGman

My 200 point reward bugged and I lost it. Any way to get it back? I received the notification and accepted it, but then got nothing and the notification dissapeared. :(

The Vanu camo looked cool too. :(
  3. Marcmol

I have, a question even tough it´s been a very long time I haven´t played Planetside 2.
    The time when rewards are given. If I understood correctly you will recieve the defending points after you have defended a base for 1 hour. So 1 hour= X amount of points.
    Do you have to defend the base you just captured for one hour to get defense points and you get them only for defending X hours?
    Because if thats the case and you only managed to defend the place for 59 minutes (for example) all your efforts are in vain.
    Could somebody please verify me theorie?
    Thank you
  4. Pootisman

There are some very good TR players. TR's problems are underpopulation and disinterest in obectives. Example: Mao tech plant, worth 80 WDS points, is under attack during a tech plant alert by a full Vanu platoon ... What does TR do? They camp the small bases near NC warp gate with 2 platoons. Stuff like that happens all the time. NC isnt any better, but they have highest population most of the time, which means there are more players on every frontline.
  5. ncDieseL

Not correct. You get defend points if the enemy flips one of the (or enough to start the control timer) control points and then you flip it back.

It comes up on the screen with "NC Defended the Facility" etc.
  6. Denurke

Another example, the TR (VS also attacked it at one point) attack a biolab, NC just hold it with giant zerg, half of them are maxes, they just let 1 point to TR/VS, get in kill everything and profit from defense, both TR and VS attacked but nobody can take the base, the NC pop just rises and they get more maxes and use same 1 point tactics, the NC get WDS overfed. WDS rewards big zergs at offense and defense too, it is just ridiculous how it is implemented in game.
  7. SolidSnakeEyes

On what day are the weekly personal rewards reset?
  8. Marcmol

Oooh, OK! Thanks for the information. I will understand it better myself once I get back to Planetside in a few days (CAN´T WAIT FOR IT)!!!! :D
  9. user101

The old skyguard goes away from the herd and blows blood smoke to attract prowlers loaded to the teeth with bullets the prowler see the blood smoke and the old skyguard waits for the kill so the herd can feed once again.
  10. Darkraver

IMHO

Stop whit the whole WDS is breaking the game and the system u thought of aint working .

this is a MMO just go work on Proper Content to improve the game .

Think alot of players whit not agree whit but this is my opinion
  11. JENOC1DE

He is right. This game is demanding enough with out all of a faction at one base trying to capture it. Now, it just lags or crashes due to an excessive high volume of players in one area. Even on good computers with high specs people have issues. The WDS thing is just down right pointless, the game was much more fun with out it as it actually required some kind of strategy to defend or conquer a base. Now, all the strategy that is required - is gather tanks, aircraft and your faction and ram-sack a base. Nothing wrong with a faction pulling together, however; the WDS thing has clearly ruined the game because everyone is one continent, which leaves the other continents barren. And I digress by saying it causes extreme lag, and crashing when you have that many people in on area, its not very healthy for the server, least in my opinion. People spend money on this game to get better gear, so they can progress easier in game during battles. Not so they can get mobbed by one whole faction because instant action puts them right in front of a group of max's or tanks.

I would also like to point out, as with any faction you clearly cannot force a faction to work together. It takes communication which I've noticed a lot of people lack here in this game. If factions actually pulled together, didn't shoot or blow their own team mates up, and actually worked as a team then the WDS thing would probably not be so bad, however, there should be a tighter cap lock on continents to prevent excessively high volumes of players shifting to one continent. Each faction should be on each continent trying to take bases and the continent.

The only thing I know to do is take over bases on continents that are barren because their faction is on another taking bases. However; it does get boring when you are running around taking a base by yourself, with not even one enemy showing up to kill. I understand the intent behind the WDS but, honestly the points you get don't get you anything special. I've received boosts. So far. I must ask, if you are a level 100 and get a boost, exactly what are you supposed to do with that boost? You can't transfer it to another player on your account, so therefore it becomes completely useless. So to be quite honest boosts are pointless unless you are under level 100. Now, as for gear. Not sure if you get gear with WDS points but, its not very fair to allow others to get for free, what other people have paid for. I could be wrong, and WDS points may not offer rewards such as gear. If anything give insane certs, so people can get gear that is bought with certs least it makes more sense to me.

On a last note. I see a lot of people here with some seriously displaced anger. Faction bickering, finger pointing, arguing. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was trolling. People should learn to respect each others opinions even if they disagree with them. I can understand some people's anger, but really its better to work together to achieve a common goal rather than work against each other and argue which achieves absolutely nothing. Thank you.
  12. Puppy

A good defense is a defense where they never touch the point. You guys don't have a system for this in place. Therefor attacking gets you more then defending ever will.
  13. Fixit

I don't care about WDS. It is another carrot that I don't chase. What I want is good fights with good give and take between the sides. At the moment, playing TR on Mattherson is untenable. We are running 20-25% pop. I can have a platoon going and make a push. That is until the VS or NC decide that I have had enough fun and come and curb stomp us. I don't blame them as there are no incentives for the 4th factioners stay on one particular faction once it starts losing. The VS suffer and the NC suffer on other servers with underpop. There is no reason for those that switch factions once a side has started losing to stay on and try to keep pop in balance. I did read that only 1% of users switch to another faction. What I want to know is if that is happening during an alert and if they go to a winning faction. Once any faction of any team drops below about 25% pop they cannot win against either faction as they can pull off a non-critical portion of their population and kick is out of whatever we are taking or holding. What I would like to see is a slight negative hit against the higher pop factions AND\OR a additional reduction in the cost of purchasing resources that would help. PS1 had a perfectly good system to address this. It helped then and it could help now. I saw the videos on how you are modeling character movements and interactions to help with FPS> Great idea. But have you look at those interactions to watch how people move during an alert and when they start winning and losing ?
    • Up x 1
  14. Snicklefritzll

I wouldn't mind seeing more frequent One Continent Alerts during WDS in my opinion. I think by having an alert up it would put an artificial cap on pop, so that steamrolls happen less often, and more drawn out fights would happen as a result, since the populations would be closer.

I'm having a lot of fun with WDS and I like the rewards too, even if some people think they're not good enough, but nothing makes me log off and rage on the forums more than watching a faction steamroll a continent because they're the fortunate ones with an extra 10% pop.
  15. NeoKhor

Dear SOE,

To prevent the formation of 'mindless zergs' that are partially if not wholly caused by players switching over to the winning faction within the same server, either allow the creation of only a single character per server (based on IP and/or MAC), and/or prevent players with multiple characters on a single server from switching factions during main events such as alerts. Personally, I have three characters, each created on a different server (Connery, Waterson and Mattherson). I believe this will allow the smaller but more tactics-oriented squads to enjoy the gameplay that is Planetside.

Please and thank you,
    • Up x 1
  16. AzureKnight

In response to your disclaimer, I have a level 57 NC and now level 7 TR on Connery. i get it makes sense to follow the crowds, but that's what needs to stop because it causes a huge rift in population differences. At the same time, under normal playing conditions, I don't care so much about the pop differences, it's fun to fight an uphill battle at times. I don't care if you want to choose anything but the lowest popped faction when you log in, I don't care what faction you play, but I do care that people switch during alerts, then a few minutes after said alert, switch back.

1) Sadly, the TR are much better at gaining territory than the NC despite them having the lowest numbers. yesterday's Amp Alert proved that. Maybe it's because of their rush in tactics, but I almost prefer that to the NC's tactics of sit in a spawn room and sit and sit and "Oh, now the enemy pop is 48+, I must push now that I can't." My main character is a NC and it's largely what I see by them. Everyone stays back with little to no push until the threat of dying is pathetically small it seems. Like yesterday when I rushed a room that had 5-10 guys in it with my MAX while about 20 NC waited outside because there was two VS Maxes. Or, the NC get caught up in pointless fights or trying to beat out the VS and ignore everything else even when there's much better targets. If you merged NC and TR tactics, it would be unstoppable.

2) The problem with the command channel is few listen to it, at least with NC. That or if you look at the map you see 5 different markers that all say attack or defend. In most platoons that you join, if you even attempt to go to areas that need help, they tell you to get with the platoon or get kicked. The general NC Connery coordination sucks and boils down to "Oh look a biolab!!!"

3) The problem with number 3 is that more often than not, people switch from the low pop to the higher two factions because that's where their mains are. EVERY time an alert happens, I've always seen the lowest population take the largest hit. If people change to the lowest faction, the numbers are at most in the 10-20s range versus the 50+ the other factions tend to receive. And it always occurs during alerts. Using a character lock prevents like that and the players who fourth faction only to destroy a sundy that their team can't kill. I don't care if you want to play as a particular faction, just it should be locked out during events where there's a 1st 2nd and last place. i guess I should clarify that from now on that I want the lock on only during alerts.

I will agree that the VS have the best teamwork on Connery. It also helps having probably the most level 100s (I assume this only because how many i've seen compared to NC and TR). Coordination would help with TR and NC, but overpop is a problem. If a server has 2000 people on it, and one faction has 37% while another has 33% and the last has 30%, perfectly normal pops on Connery, that means one faction has 740 players, the next highest has 660, and the last has 600, that's the difference between factions of 1-3 platoons. That's a huge disadvantage for the lowest pop. And when alerts happen, that lowest pops tends to fall to 28% while the other two even out around 35%-36%. How is that not a problem especially when there are three continents to defend and splitting up to defend all fronts, or even just one, means losing the rest all due to lack of numbers?

That's why people complain about overpop. it's not a matter of "getting it together". Unless every player on the lowest faction averaged a K/D ratio of 5-10, there's no way they could keep up with the other two simply because they're outgunned.
    • Up x 1
  17. MitchellzzzBOSS

I have some questions as well as ideas....

First off, why did the week of contribution end so early. It was not even a week, yet my weekly contribution score was erased?

Also, one suggestion would be to implement the idea of using the experience that is gained at the base either defending or capturing to effect how much WDS points are retrieved. This would keep from the idleness and less enthusiasm in fights. And will bring back the intesity and fun for actually trying to get experience/certs. As of right now, I usually go from base to base with a big zerg, and just stay in my vehicle just for the WDS points, then move on to the next base.

Another issue I have noticed is letting the enemy take a point, then taking back the point for more WDS points. I have seen this been done countless of times by every faction, and I honestly can't blame anyone. The mindset of everyone right now is, if the developers won't fix this issue, then why not abuse this method to its fullest until the developers actually decide to do something?

Anyway, these are just some issues and suggestions that I think would be greatly appreciated if the developers implements, or at least took into consideration.

Thanks for your time,
    Mitchell
  18. Mormomboy

Well, I could list a lot of reasons... but you can probably figure those out for yourself.
    The only hint I will give you as that even the NC players I talk to admit that playing TR feels like pissing on bears rather than shooting at the other factions.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

See official response regarding WDS Point loss after the DB Maintenance here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...nce-february-11-2014-6-am-pt-3-pm-cet.172463/

• Up x 1
  20. ElJooko

Personally, the behavior of players confuses me. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. I see lots of players are focused on WDS points. But many of the same players complain about the poor rewards for getting WDS points. If you don't want the rewards, why are you focused on them? I would imagine the point of playing PS2 is to engage in large scale battles for fun. Do they really enjoying driving a tank and shooting at spawn shields in a massive zerg or ghostcapping? I figure WDS is a perk you get for playing the way you normally would, and even if the current system doesn't reflect that perfectly, play normally and suggest ways to improve it.

I also don't get why people just stand around in spawn when there is a zerg. If they'd just respawn one base or two bases back, they could counterzerg with tanks and air support, or they could just go somewhere with a battle. If you're spawn locked, why stay? And also, why complain about your decision to do so?

Sidenote: I'd never conceived that someone would switch characters for the express purpose of team killing to give their side an advantage. Clearly I'm naive, but that still seems like cheating to me; it's taking advantage of the grief system that you only get weapons locked, allowing you to switch back to your normal account. Bragging about it on the forums seems idiotic, but now I realize that not all tk deaths were accidental. More reason to limit accounts to 1 per server or prevent re-log with another character for 2 hours. I play both TR and VS on Waterson, but I'd gladly delete one if it'd improve overall gameplay.
    • Up x 1