WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. chiensale2005

Safiras,

the same thing happen to me today, got a 5 camo for soldiers at 800, and i got the same camo for soldier x10 at 2000 cert... beautiful.
  2. cobaltlightning

I've been getting nothing but XP rewards across all 3 factions. Save them up for a rainy day, like the double XP week(end)s, and activate during continent-wide alerts.

I think the 1st week reward was just a butt-load of certs, thought I'm thinking more or less around 50
  3. Blueink

My experience of WDS so far
    1. Being in the zerg
    2. Being on the receiving end of a zerg
    3. Ghost capping in a small squad with the timer almost up then being zerged to stop the cap
    4. To be fair there has been the odd decent fight here and there
    Poor initial design choices = poor game play no matter how much sugar you sprinkle on top to try and make it tasty
  4. Fockl0re

My Question is how the hell does VS win on connery , i mean all the day they hold less territory then NC , recently even TR has held more territory then Vanu , but still at the end of the day VS has more score . what Kind of sorcery is that ?
  5. ncDieseL

It's probably already been mentioned, but if you actually do a good job at defending, and never let the enemy get a control point, you don't get any WDS points. The current defence system is flawed because it rewards heavily for doing a half-***** job i.e. letting the enemy get a control point, and the getting it back.

The passive WDS points are probably the only thing that actually works. There just needs to be a way to apply this to the personal WDS points. Perhaps it could be as simple as a passive points reward while you are logged in to the game? Maybe a share/percentage of the current points being awarded to the faction every 30 minutes.

Can anyone provide the total number of each type of facility in the game? (Amp Station, Tech Plant, Minor Outpost, Etc.) If we can calculate the passive points potential of each continent, you could probably work out a fair percentage of points to award to players passively. At the moment it feels like it should be around 10% every 30 minutes.
  6. ScrapyardBob

I think the big issues with the scoring is:

• If you let the enemy capture a point and start the bar ticking, upon re-securing you get the full defense points. You shouldn't get a full 25 points (or whatever) just because the enemy held the point for 10 seconds. You should only get those points if the bar ticks over at least halfway toward the enemy.
    • Alerts should grant WDS points, lots of them, which would encourage outfits to chase the alert objectives.
  7. Rohnlex

Last week:

200 - x3 1 hour boost
    800 - x3 1 hour boost
    2000 - x3 1 hour boost

This week:

200 - x3 1 hour boost
    800 - x3 1 hour boost
    2000 - x3 1 hour boost

.. i give up.
  8. eBlaise

At least you got something you will most likely use in the future. For me it was:
    last week:
    3x 1 hr xp boost
    3x 1 hr xp boost
    10x digital inf camo
    due to the lost wds personal progress i was able to get t1 and t2 twice
    1x hyper boost
    5x digital inf camo

this week:
    3x 1 hr xp boost
    3x 1 hr xp boost
    10x urban jungle weapon camo

And in my opinion these two camos are ugly, so they'll never get used.
    However I still appreciate all the drops after all I've got premium stuff for free, on the other hand in case of camos I'd have preferred if i was able to select what type or at least what pattern of camo i've wanted (even if that meant that i get fewer of them, or if it's a limited selection to chose from).