WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JENKMAN

If you are in connery, let me ask you bluntly; When was the last time your whole faction rallied together as a whole and accomplished something. When was the last time your command chat spoke coherently and coordinated together over the span of all three continents. Big or small, we do this on a daily basis, with every outfit letting the other know what they are doing or requesting reinforcements. I see nothing but segregated outfits and exclusive clubs that wouldnt lift a finger for any other but themselves. I've seen NC outfits bash other outfits for no other reason other than to play the blame game. So yes I'm judging, Ive been judging connery for a whole and all I see is half ***** attempts to work together. There are some that really do try and others that play the game their own way. There is a time and place for it dont get me wrong, but for things like alerts.. affect morale and population flow hands down.
  2. ViperMkII

While this is all well and good, I couldn't care less about WDS, I just want to shoot people in the face and blow **** up. Please, please, please give me a feature to turn the chat box off if you guys are going to keep doing events like this so I don't have to put up with all the ******** and moaning from people who pay for the game with mommy and daddy's college fund money.
  3. James Lyon

The out popped factions are not getting the planet size experience they are just growing to hate the game and it is sad because it is a masterpiece.
  4. Glendara

How to Fix it!
    Lets call it the "UP bonus" (Under population bonus).
    Scores are configured depending on the population of the factions. This could work for WDS and regular gameplay.
    This "Feature" would only be active when the pop between the factions is over 5%. (could be higher).

So lets say NC= 40%, TR= 35%, VS= 25%

You first take in account the highest pop. That will be baseline. NC will receive 0 bonus to capture, defense, and all exp gain.
    The TR are 5% under pop so "UP bonus" activates. When UP bonus starts all factions except the highest pop receive +10% to their exp. For every 1% above the initial 5% under pop an extra +1% is added to the exp gain (possibly +2%).

Regarding the example above this would be the exp gain for each faction
    • NC 0 pop difference = 0 exp. bonus
    • TR 5% pop difference= +10% bonus
    • VS 15%pop difference = +20% bonus
    When the factions have under 5% difference the bonus is shut off. I would recommend to be some symbol on the HUD to show up telling you that your faction is "Under Populated" and "Over Populated" to the highest one.

You could make this continent specific as well. Sometimes certain continents can have 40% difference between the factions.
    This would encourage player to fight more on them so their enemy does not get all those certs.

Conclusion:
    Under Pop victims have to fight twice as hard for no gain. Making this system will encourage them to stay on their faction no matter what. The Over Pop faction still have numbers so they still might win and destroy but Under Pop is rewarded for their efforts.
    This could indirectly help stop 4th faction. Because why would you want to aid your enemy in exp by out populating them?
    But on the flip side it could increase it. When a player notices the under pop they might switch to that one for the exp gain. But if enough people do it the population will even out again. (sneaky)
  5. Longasc

My perceived experience is so vastly different and I bet I am not the only one who suddenly sees the pop number of the winning faction rise dramatically all the time.
  6. James Lyon

There is more than 1 server, with different faction popularity people.
  7. ACDC

The thread is about WDS, and its effects on the player base, and how they are reacting as a hole. Not the long term attitudes of the people from different factions and there ability to work as a team.
  8. TorigomaSET

Not sure if It's been said already or not, but a Good Option for this would be to scale points based on Population. I.E you get more Points Defending a base where you are outnumbered, Vs Defending against a few people, and you get more points for attacking a heavily defended base Vs one being Zerged.
  9. NBA JAM

SOE, you guys are amazing.... Amazing in just how thick headed you are as well as not understanding simple concepts.

You need to reward players for just simply fighting. Doesn't matter where they fight, as long as they are. If a battle breaks out in the middle of the road between bases, thus blocking one team from getting to a tower/biolab, GREAT. Reward both teams for fighting in that hex.

STOP BASING WDS REWARDS OFF THE CAP/DEFENCE OF BASES. It doesn't work. Now there's no incentive to fight over bases as its not rewarding to the attacker. All I'm going to do now is let people turn the point in a biolab, go over and kill them, then turn it back for even easier points.

You still haven't addressed this issue btw, where people like me got a fast 2000 WDS points from defending bases. Now I can just do what I did in Biolabs with towers/outposts. Also, when I'm done with my 2000 points, I'll just go to the next faction and do it. 1% of pop switching my ***, all my friends and I do it. And if we do it, I can bet there are loads of others who do it as well, quite possibly as you say, on different accounts/servers.
    • Up x 1
  10. JENKMAN

Lets be honest here, WDS isn't making things better or worse, you just see more zergs ghostcapping. I personally don't care for the WDS, I only care about engaging anyone who even thinks theyre going to get away with ghostcapping. I play the game normally and if anything the WDS has opened up a lot of good fights for me especially when I catch one of these zergs off gaurd. And you can't win the WDS or even think about winning anything without remotely putting in the effort to WORK TOGETHER. Yes this is very much about the long term attitudes of all factions and how they deal with these new challenges. You go into these events as if nothing is happening at all or treat alerts as if they are nothing to brag about. They are, they put to the test the relationships you have garnered amongst your fellow outfit mates and faction as a whole. You go in with this solo mentality or even single outfit mentality, 10/10 you will get your **** kicked in and you'll be sent crying to mommy about the 4th faction. As a VS who see's the better part of the day with NC world pop, it's almost sad to see that you can't do more with such a large player base. We do our best to train newbies, help them along and lead them in the right direction. The best way to start is to work together on alerts and overall WDS now.

And I better not catch anyone hazing my japanese friends for being badass at night, there are JP on the other factions to.
    • Up x 1
  11. IDC_

you are not the first one who wants to bind the personal wds points to the xp gained, but i'll just quote you.

NO.

with this you'll punish ever player that supports his team by providing ammo, heals, repairs or recon dart/proximity radar.

- a max unit that i repair makes lots of kills and so also more xp than me for the repairs.
    - for an ammo clip i get 10xp - with said one clip an assault player can kill 1-3 enemies and gets 100xp per kill.
    - if i sit on a quad with prox radar or spam recon darts i get 10xp if another player kills a spotted enemy. he gets the advantage of knowing if it's only one enemy or a half squad at the turn point, helping him to survive and get his 100xp per kill.
    - as engineer i make lots of xp after a fight, for fixing turrets/generators/terminals
  12. Faark

I actually like them testing stuff and admitting that stuff didn't got all better. My only complain the initial post misses is related to personal rewards... getting the same stuff for tier3 as for tier1 is just disappointing. Focus in on "same" / compared within tiers, not a request for more valuable rewards in general.
  13. CowPie

14. TheGoldeNumber

WHAT THE HELL? MY WDS CONTRIBUTION POINTS ON MY TR CHARACTER ON CERES DISAPPEARED!
  15. willowstyle

pretty sure lot of ppl doe like me:
    3-6 characters by account and logging each one at 9pm after work/diner to gain those 48 free certs and then play all the evening with the same.
    so plz dont put a limit time between switching or remove the need to log on every 24h to gain those 48 free certs and put a limit time for switching like ps1 (for different free account i dont have solution exept ip block for faction switching)
  16. Luperza Community Manager

This issue will be resolved.

Originally posted here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...nce-february-11-2014-6-am-pt-3-pm-cet.172463/
  17. Nikushimi

Wile i agree, i do not think it will ever happen. People have been suggesting that sense beta. Reality is SOE is more concerned about milking every last dime they can out of the Cash shop rather then game balance.
  18. Keyski

Just switched to NC after they steamrolled an alert. Got 200 WDS points within 10 minutes, compared to only 45 with 30 minutes of playtime on my TR main.

Think from now on, I'll be switching to whatever faction has the better fight and the better WDS points.

There's zero incentive to keep playing as an underpoped faction. If the bonus XP for being underpopped was tripled, i'd totally tough it out. Right now it's like 50% xp bonus for getting steamrolled in spawn.

They also have to ease the restrictions on where you can spawn on the map if you are underpopped. Seriously. Let the underpopped faction be able to freely pick the spawns to defend. Chances are they won't have enough resource Regen to pull flashes, or esfs, or anything for transportation. The fights could be that much stronger if you can actually click on the point that has a "DEFEND" shield over top of it

The bottom line is:
    I want good fights. I want to be able to have a fight that's a tug of war between a base. I want to not have to quit because of a zerg, or because we are underpopped, or because there's no good fights going on at the time and all my team is doing is idling for capture points.
  19. mLocke

That explains why I got a Gold NS-7 PDW.
  20. Anethual

A stalemate is boring to fight in. Since no progress is being made, no one feels like they're accomplishing anything.

You don't need 50% of the territory to take the lead in WDS, there are two other factions, you just have to do better than the next best faction. Anyways this is a hypothetical in which the entire faction is coordinated and can move all of its troops around effectively.