VS weapons the best in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RemingtonV, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RemingtonV

I noticed that everytime I went up against a VS 1v1 I lost unless I got the jump on them, now I place as NC and it just don't make sense that a VS weapon should be able to do more damage than a NC's rifle. Especially since I use a purchased weapon NS11.

I mean not to sound bland but VS weapons are just OP. faster rates of fire than NC, no bullet drop, and can output more damage? It no wonder VS constantly dominates all 3 continents.

Im not even gonna get started on thier tanks.
  2. BurialDay

They have less damage.
  3. Pax Empyrean

Stop whining. You're losing every fight because you are terrible. NC guns are generally not as good in a spray fight, but the only way you lose "everytime" [sic] is if you are horrible.

The GD-7F carbine for the NC does the same damage and has about 5% faster rate of fire than the best VS carbine, the VX6-7. Its recoil is more manageable as well, as it is directed more to the vertical than the angled sideways pull of the VS carbines.
    • Up x 3
  4. Arsinek

I think your post should win the "Im the biggest ******* baby" award.
    • Up x 1
  5. iGamer1990

not really i got killed by plenty of people 1 on 1
  6. Neodrauka

The VS weapons do less damage to compensate for their ability to shoot without bullet drop. The developers have balanced the 3 factions well, everything works as intended. I think there's a site around which breaks down the faction advantages / disadvantages and could better show you the balancing that has been done. That's not to say VS Light Assault troops aren't a constant thorn in my side :p

*Reaches for fly swatter*.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scrambles1

TR guns are nice.

I am an average fps player with about a 1:3 on NC Matherson. I made a TR this morning and played today. Left with a 4:1.

I was quite happy as I wasn't as bad a player as I thought. There is a serious disparity with NC guns. I'm not saying there aren't very skilled players who can make NC guns rock, just that for an average player like me they are much more difficult to control compared to the other faction guns.
  8. centurionvi

Except they don't.
  9. Campor

Exactly. Except the part where they lose damage over distance unlike any other faction, but sure, apart from that, exactly.

Oh, and the fact that NC have more base damage. Apart from that too.

The reason NC complain about not killing things is that they aren't accounting for their recoil as much as they should. If they hit with every bullet, they'd kill things damn fast. They could do with a slight damage increase, but otherwise they're where they should be. Vanu aren't overpowered.
  10. Cab00se187

Pistol:
    (Default)
    NC(1.52s) Mag-Shot
    VS(1.77s) Beamer VS3
    TR(1.88s) TX1 Repeater

(Overall)
    NC(1.52s) Mag-Shot
    VS(1.77s) Beamer VS3
    TR(1.88s) TX1 Repeater

(Note: Default weapons are best in average TTK, things change in close ranges but this is average)

Carbine:
    (Default)
    NC(1s) AF-19 Mercenary
    VS(1.05s)Pulsar Compact
    TR(1.06s)TRAC-5

(Overall)
    VS(.99s) VX6-7
    NC(1s) AF-19 Mercenary
    TR(1.06s)TRAC-5 Burst,TRAC-5

AR:
    (Default)
    TR(.96s) T1 Cycler
    VS(1.1s) Pulsar VS1
    NC(1.48s)Gauss Rifle

(Overall)
    VS(.94s) H-V45
    TR(.96s) T1B Cycler,T1 Cycler
    NC(.99s) GR-22

LMG:
    (Default)
    VS(1.23s) Orion
    TR(1.47s) T9 CARV
    NC(1.96s)NC6 Gauss Saw

(Overall)
    TR(1.36s) MSW-R
    VS(1.43s) Pulsar LSW
    NC(1.52s) EM6

Shotgun:
    No Default
    (Overall)
    All(.76s) AS16 Nighthawk(TR) Piston(NC) Pandora(VS)

Scout Rifle:
    No Default
    (Overall)
    All(1.25s) Stalker(NC) HSR-1(TR) Artemis(VS)

So there you have it,

NC Has:

Pistols

VS Has:

Carbine
    AR

TR Has:

LMG

So what have we learned? We're the best when both side are out of ammo in their main guns.
  11. notyourbuddy

Full-time NC player.

Tried the VS tonight. I was shredding through enemies like Rambo. HA played more like an LA. Rapid reload, a point and click gun that required no bursting even at mid-to-long range to land. I just held down the trigger button and watched the enemy plop to the ground. I personally thought it was amazing. Their guns accuracy are very appealing, but their infantry player base feels borderline ******3d. 20+ hiding behind a rock refusing to attack. I go around the rock and Rambo 4 NC players, switch to the rocket launcher, down a Lighting. Teammates? Still sitting behind the rock. Run towards the wall of Amp Station. Teammates? Still standing behind the rock. Cowards all of them. Then of course I heard someone say, "Lets Magrider spam these NC to death!" and I just had to log off.

Rolled a TR char as well. I actually, to my surprise, didn't find the Carv all that impressive. Not at all. I... actually... preferred... my NC Gauss? :eek:

Prowler was more agile then I expected and its infantry shredding ability exceeded my expectations. Seemed like a fun little niche toy. Found the TR player base to be the complete opposite of VS. Extremely organized. In fact a little too organized for my taste. They never shut up. Mic spam galore.
  12. Jimmy DeSouza

Yeah, I too prefer the NC weapons, but... that... *******... announcer...

Would rather drown in my vomit then hear another one of those goddamn "jokes".
  13. darkChozo

Not to nickpick, but your default carbine has a 10ms slower TTK than our specifically short range high damage carbine. Calling that in the favor of the VS is a bit silly. Other stats seem a bit out of wack though, assuming everything's correct (not doubting you so much as not knowing the methodology).
  14. Jimmy DeSouza

So... Your weapon being superior is not a bonus for you? How do you figure?!
  15. PentiumRadeon

I always win my 1v1 fights. hell i win 3v1 fights. vanu is op. i know because thats what I play.
    • Up x 1
  16. Antivide

No they're not. VS is on even footing with NC..

TR on the other hand.

I have a handful of special expletives for whenever I kill one with my Mercenary.
  17. darkChozo

Because it's not a straight comparison? Like I said, saying that the VS have a better carbine because their short range gun does very, very slightly more damage than the NC general purpose gun is a bit silly. Not to mention that the gun in question eats thorough ammo (and more importantly its magazine) like no tomorrow. It's just a case of massaging statistics that slightly annoys me.
  18. Jimmy DeSouza

He has compared your basic and "top notch" vs NC's basic and top notch and TRs.

According to the figures he is using the NCs basic is better than thier top notch, and thus is the standard that should be used.

Of course, the figures I have seen say differently. No idea which set (if any) are accurate.

Anywho, assuming his figures are correct, then that gives you the edge.
  19. darkChozo

The problem is that it's an incomplete comparison. TTK isn't everything; if it was, NC would be OP because they're the only empire to start with a 1HK infantry weapon, and everyone would be running around with either shotguns or bolt action snipers. Saying that VS have the "best" carbines because they have one weapon with a higher TTK than the NC's default carbine, ignoring the fact that the higher TTK weapon sacrifices other stats to achieve that, is misleading and an abuse of metrics. Not to mention that I can't imagine how that 10ms difference was calculated in a way that was statistically significant; either it was calculated experimentally, in which case lag would likely add too much noise to the system for it to be valid, or it was calculated using bullet damage and ROF, in which case it assumes ideal conditions and therefore isn't particularly useful.
  20. Jimmy DeSouza

What stats does it sacrifice?

Why would people be using bolt rifles when in effect they always have a 1+s TTK and require comparatively near perfect aim?

I find it somewhat funny that you are desperately trying to paint yourself as having disadvantageous weapons. Whether or not his figures are correct, the statistical differences are so minor as to be meaningless in effect.