[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

i honestly thought this would be a great idea and would give the TR something unique....but unless they give it a 10 round mag and make it automatic, its going to be very very ******
    • Up x 3
  2. Vixxing

That is if you time the 3s chargeup right so you even get to shoot, then you need to reload, charge for 3 seconds, hit it again, then reload for 6 seconds and hit it again...
  3. LodeTria

It should at least have a firemode that fires all the rockets at once, but has a spread on them so they don't all fly straight.
  4. Dieter Perras

At this point they might as well just remove the weapon entirely and give us something else that can actually kill something other then a mildly threatening butterfly!

Personally I'm blaming a few things, SOE for thinking these changes make even the remotest sense, the community for ******** on SOE so much that they are now terrified of buffing anything to the point of actual usefulness and Hp for quite a few unrelated reasons...
    • Up x 1
  5. TheAnnoyingGunner

I see some potential for booming vehicles that are placed directly behind walls, giving the Striker a little Pheonix feel... But still, DPS are quite awful. Might be useful if you take 3-4 guys and fire in the general direction of the deployed sunderer, but in open combat it is as useless as Lancer or Pheonix. Those launchers are very situational...
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

Lancer has 600/700/800 velocity. The new striker will have 180.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jawarisin

I don't know how SOE does it, they ALWAYS surprise me.
    • Up x 3
  8. FateJH

So. Last I heard, 100 direct damage per rocket and I've heard the splash is 50 within 0.3m or some such. A 0% type resistance means it takes does full damage (1x) and negative numbers means does bonus damage.

The Striker takes 6 to destroy a Flash of 1500HP from its side and a Flash has no inherent armor.
    • Assuming splash does not count, that means each rocket must do 250 damage and, without armor resistance downgrading each rocket, the type resistance for Flashes must be -150% (2.50x).
    • Assuming splash does count, that means each rocket must do 200 damage and, without armor resistance downgrading each rocket, the type resistance for Flashes must be -100% (2.00x).
    The Striker takes 11 to destroy the Harasser of 2500HP from its side at 39% resistance from inherent armor. That means each rocket has to do at least 228 damage and, with armor resistance downgrading each rocket to 61 damage, the type resistance for Harassers must be -274% (3.74x).

The Striker takes 18 to destroy the Lightning of 3000HP from its side at 58% resistance from inherent armor. That means each rocket has to do at least 167 damage and, with armor resistance downgrading each rocket to 42 damage, the type resistance for Lightnings must be -298% (3.98x).

Magriders must have the same type resistance as the Lightning. You can do the math yourself. Vanguards are undetermined, but will probably have a slighter higher type resistance .

The Striker takes 25 to destroy a Sunderer of 4000HP from its side at 45% resistance from inherent armor. That means each rocket has to do 160 damage and, with armor resistance downgrading each rocket to 55 damage, the type resistance for Sunderers must be -191% (2.91x).

ESFs must have the same type resistance as the Flash. You can do the math yourself.

You know what other numbers look vaguely as absurd as these on the known resistance table?
    Those belonging to other ESRLs.
    Except some of these are a little more absurd.
  9. Yeahy

Well it has less velocity than a charged one, and is far from "hitscan".
    • Up x 1
  10. Saber15

If by "terrible" you mean the third highest projectile velocity in the game, then yes it has terrible bullet velocity. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  11. cruczi

Why don't they just equalize its DPS with that of the other rocket launchers? It can't be that hard. Dumbfires and lock-on launchers would be the alpha damage options and lock-ons would have superior range, while Striker would be the damage per magazine option with some homing-in functionality.
    • Up x 1
  12. Yeahy

Again, its mainly because of people complaining about "hitscan" for lancer.
    I'm pretty sure its way more viable to charge up anyways, especially against esf's, harassers, and flashes.
    I guess that was what I was getting at.
  13. vanu123

Still more useful than any of the VS pistols and ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  14. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

my god
    it's firing tennis balls
    • Up x 4
  15. cruczi

I find it works more effectively against ESF's without charging, because you get more reliable damage out. If you miss one charged shot, you miss your whole oppotunity to do damage. But if you miss one snapshot, you can use the information on how much you missed to aim the next five shots on target.
  16. FateJH

And what about people who might have wanted to spend SC to get a Striker if they had felt its modernization was interesting?
    *raises hand*
    • Up x 1
  17. Disconsented

Now if you do that with lancers there is just 0 warning
    • Up x 3
  18. cruczi

Seconded, although I planned to just pay certs for it. I hadn't bought the Striker yet because I'd always known it to be Inferior to my Annihilator. I was looking forward to finally buying it... but if these changes go live without significant buffs, there's zero chance I'll buy it
  19. MotionBlured

Lot of people in here have never tried hitting an ESF with a lancer. Protip: it ain't as easy as you think.

The striker, like the other ESRL's, will shine in groups. They can always tweak the numbers, and better off UP than OP.
    • Up x 1
  20. LibertyRevolution

I have 2 TR characters on emerald and neither owns a striker.
    I have an annihilator, a decimator, and a grounder.. What role could the striker ever fill??

Just for the record, my NC owns a phoenix, and all 3 of VS have a lancer.
    The ES AA lockon is my default launcher on all my characters, anything else is to niche.