[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. LibertyRevolution

My heavy has been asking for a flak cannon, I'm still waiting.
    (Like a shoulder mounted a max burster)
  2. xArchAngelx

You do realize that the purpose of having a Test Server is to Test the effectiveness of an object to balance it? There are ZERO reasons why anything should be moved to live servers to have it tested there. If thats what they want to do, then they should just get rid of the Test Server all together.
  3. Ztiller

No, the purpose of the Test is to test bugs and functionality. You can never test balance on such a small scale that we have on PTS. Never have, never will. That is why Higby says that they will balance when it's on Live and they know more. I realize this, Higby realize this. PRetty much everybody who understandns balance realizes this.

We can get a slight feeling for the balance, but we can never actually know anything about how it works when 50 people are using it.
  4. boey

I only hope the new Striker requires teamwork and organization, such as the Lancer does. TR need the feeling how it is, not being able to effectively lonewolf with an ES Launcher. Same right for everyone.
  5. Borsty

Holy **** SOE. You guy were supposed to change the Striker to IMPROVE it, not to make it completely unusable. If it goes out performing anything like that, I want my 1k certs back.
  6. TheAnnoyingGunner

Hm... My bad then...
    I may correct my opinion of the revamped Striker to total bonkers.
  7. Borsty

What? So it's outright worse and more expensive than just using a lock-on air? You can still dumbfire them on vehicles and do more dmg. With less exposed time and not pay 1k certs.
  8. Zotamedu

We already know how that is. The current striker is useless if you are alone.
  9. MotionBlured

So is the lancer :rolleyes:
  10. MajiinBuu

Does the Striker have a gravity effect when dumbfired?
    It would be pretty cool to aim at a far off AMS and just spam rockets at it. The guys around the AMS would watch the red fireballs hurl towards them and be powerless to stop them.
  11. Sixstring

Is anyone here taking into account that there are 100's of people at battles in this game? Anyone at all? You can't have a relatively high ROF rocket launcher doing too much damage to everything,in no time we would have huge groups of TR HA storming across fields with these things untouchable by vehicles and aircraft....yeah not gonna happen. On Emerald people already despise zergfits like AOD,if this new striker was anymore powerful they would be an even bigger nightmare to put up with.
  12. PastalavistaBB

Where's the "Striker vs Vanguard" video? :rolleyes: Are Youtube Videos still limited to 10 hours btw? :D The incoming Candy Gun might actually be a better option to kill Flashes, Harassers and ESFs.
  13. Zica96

Holy ****!!! This gun really shoots softer then my nieces air gun!! Thank you SOE, now my Vanguard can troll some TR BR 1-10 all day long.
    • Up x 1
  14. K2k4

Seriously though if I wanted to I could more effectively use the damn crossbow for my sidearm and have a higher damage to vehicles and more clips at that.

What the new striker is in this video is not what we were looking for. What we wanted was a dumbfire option on the current striker. 2 rocket infantry kills and more damage per clip spread over more shots vs vehicles than a decimator round, and lock on for pesky air units. Its not the change that's on pts right now.
  15. Ztiller

You want a rocket launcher than can kill 2 infantry per clip, the damage profile of a Decimator AND a lockon function against air?

No wonder you didn't get what you wanted. You wanted something that was more OP than Striker V1.
    • Up x 1
  16. Stormsinger

I'll just leave this here...

[IMG]

*whistles innocently*
    • Up x 1
  17. Ransurian

Meh... My gut tells me they'll release the Striker as-is on live servers, wait two or three weeks to compile data on the weapon's performance, and offer negligible buffs packaged with game updates over the span of a couple of months until the weapon ends up being modestly decent-ish. I doubt SoE is going to release game updates for the primary purpose of buffing one ESRL. If that's the case, we'll probably be waiting significantly longer.

Here's to hoping SoE decides to buff the Striker at the last minute to speed up the agonizingly slow process of baby-buffing. At the moment, there's literally no reason whatsoever to release the Striker as-is. Its TTK against armor is significantly slower than the Lancer at any range, although the Lancer is a veritable hitscan weapon by comparison. It might have more versatility against close-range air, but the amount of rockets required to kill even an ESF largely negates that usefulness.

Are there any ESF pilots in here? Would you hover in place to allow a Striker user to empty all five rounds into you, or would you /ezmode and boost out of range? Would you stick around while he reloads his magazine to empty another five rockets into you? In general, would you be even remotely concerned about a low-velocity salvo of low-damage Coyote-style rockets?
    • Up x 1
  18. SpectreGhostWTR

as i told you before, please stop spreading the false myth that 'all TR' asked for this change. 'all TR' does not exist. please stop spreading this nonsense.

that sword cuts both ways, so either let all people share their thoughts on striker balance or none, including you.
  19. K2k4

The difference is that the weapon requires you to fire 4 shots @ 500 (300 direct, 200 AOE 1m) damage each to do the equivalent of 1 decimator round. It's harder to land 4 consecutive shots, takes longer, and leaves you exposed more often. This is the same principle on everything that the prowler has, and fits the TR archetype of more daka.

I don't expect people to agree with me on this, but in the form it is on the PTS it's not worth equipping over ANY NS launcher. It's not good versus infantry or vehicles in this form. Maybe if it has high area of effect then it will be a poor-man's lasher, but that's not what the people (like me) bought it for.
    • Up x 1
  20. Chrispin

No it has virtually no AoE damage either. Try shooting at your own feet in PTS and about 1/10th of your personal shield gets depleted per shot.