[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Gammit

Thanks for the link, and good God, you're right. Comparatively with (just?) the Beamer, that's not right.
  2. TheKhopesh

I heard somewhere that the issue with the flash is that the new striker rounds act exactly like coyote rounds (and coyotes take 6 rounds to kill a flash).

I expect this is an oversight, and not actually how it's supposed to be.
    However, each reload is balanced to do the same damage as each realod from the standard dumbfires against armor (and the same for the standard lock-ons vs air).

2-3 shots to kill on a flash would be fine.
    (2 lights it on fire.)
  3. Kirppu1

1 for flash then it starts exponentially need more missiles
  4. Foxirus

Relax. The weapon will get a buff in the future. They INTENTIONALLY made it crap to test a good standing point for it. It is better they release an under powered weapon people avoid rather than a OP weapon everyone abuses.

You know the feeling now at least.. The feeling with you and your precious striker? Thats how we VS feel about our ZOE. Thats how we feel about our side arms... Thats how we feel about our No Bullet Drop trait we don't even get where its useful. At least your trait does something useful.. Either more bullets in the mag or your shots hit harder.
  5. TheKhopesh

The striker should have to get in at least two shots to kill a flash.

People forget how comparatively easy it is to hit with a 180 m/s rocket as opposed to the 100-115 ms of standard launchers.
    Especially when you've got 5 per mag!
  6. Cyrek

You can't kill MAXes reliably with this, you'll die; this is a specific problem with the other dumbfires, they are too good in contrast in the same range of use of the striker.
  7. Kirppu1

one flash means nothing in this game and because it'll start exponentially increase on how much it needs missiles before it goes boom a tank would need a lot more than 5 missiles
  8. Nogrim313

the damage nerf is so it isnt a 6 round AI rocket primary ffs, if it was more than 100 damage per rocket you would see TR using it as a real primary weapon as opposed to the silliness about the claims already.

seriously 6 rockets at 250 or 500 each would be melting infantry, please think **** through.

if it heat seeked versus vehicles it would be the old striker all over again. the ES stuff is supposed to be niche not a catch all do everything weapon. TR are the AA faction and your launcher does a better job of AA than all the other dedicated ones (try using the old aa launchers on hossin or SW Indar)

TR need to quit crying before they short out their nanites
  9. TheKhopesh

Each vehicle has it's own set of resistances.

Whatever the number of striker shots decided to kill a flash will have absolutely zero effect on the number of striker shots that it would take to kill any other vehicle.
  10. WTSherman

It only has 5 rounds. Make it do 200 a pop and it'll never kill any infantry (seriously nobody gets 100% accuracy against infantry). Give it +50% vs vehicles and that'll put it on roughly the same damage profile as a Lancer. If it has +100% against vehicles it'd be on roughly the damage curve of the Phoenix.

If it could heat seek against vehicles, it'd be the old striker... minus 1000 damage, and with significantly shorter effective AA range. It would need a large increase in both damage and seek range to be even remotely close to the old Striker.

Now, based on what I've seen so far, it looks like the Striker's multiplier against the Flash should be somewhere around 2x (+100%), maybe with some change. This is based on the fact that the Flash is soft-skinned (takes splash damage), has 1500 health, and takes 6 rockets to kill.

I'm assuming the 50 splash damage it does is subject to the Flash's "explosive splash" resist of 25% (so it does 75% of list damage, or 37.5). Across 6 rockets that's 225 damage, the remaining 1275 is direct damage which carries the Striker's modifier. So at 6 rockets that's about 200 direct a shot with some left over, giving me a ballpark estimate of 2x. This may be thrown off slightly considering the Flash is likely burning (thus losing HP) while the Striker is reloading after the 5th rocket.

If the base was raised to 200, then it would be able to kill a Flash in about 3-4 rockets, which at least sucks less (after 3 it'd have 75 HP left, I just don't know if burning would finish it before the 4th rocket got there).

Hmm, I'll go ahead and see if I can reverse-engineer some more of the multipliers while I'm at it, because it always bugs me not knowing exactly how much damage a weapon really does.

Sunderer:
    4,000 HP
    45% armor
    7272.73 EHP
    25 rockets
    290.9 dam/rocket (160 after armor)
    ~2.91x
    Old Striker: 750 (500*1.5)

Lightning:
    3,000 HP
    58% armor (side, which is what the OP tested against)
    7142.86 EHP
    18 rockets
    396.83 dam/rocket (166.6 after armor)
    ~3.97x

Magrider:
    4,000 HP
    58% armor (again, side)
    9523.81 EHP
    24 rockets
    396.83 (166.6 after armor)
    ~3.97x

ESF:
    3,000 HP
    No armor
    2x splash damage
    12 rockets
    1800 HP after splash
    150 damage per rocket
    1.5x
    Old Striker: 628.5 (500*1.275)

Harasser:
    2500 HP
    39% armor
    4098.36 EHP
    2x splash
    11 rockets
    2998.36 EHP after splash
    272.58 (166.27 after armor)
    ~2.73x
    Old Striker: 850 (500*1.7)

Anyone got numbers for Liberators and Galaxies?

Also most of these are probably a little higher than the real number, since most of these vehicles will spend at least one reload cycle burning (thus losing HP to something other than the Striker). Also I think the Sunderer in the video might have actually died to burn damage shortly after he started reloading.

Edit: To help provide perspective, I've included the Striker's previous damage values. It used to be included with other lock-on launchers as "Medium anti-armor ordinance".
  11. WTSherman

Quick correction, I read the Harasser and ESF's splash resistances wrong (they were +100%, ie no splash damage, not -100%, ie 2x splash). (edit button, y u go?)

Here's the fixed numbers:

Harasser:
    2500 HP
    39% armor
    4098.36 EHP
    11 rockets
    372.58 (166.27 after armor)
    ~3.73x
    Old Striker: 850 (500*1.7)

ESF:
    3,000 HP
    No armor