[Videos] This is how bad the Striker is nerfed

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Halcyon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Halcyon

If we didn't think the Striker could get any worse, boy were we wrong. Really wrong.
    What follows is a series of tests made on the test server against various targets.

All tests done 9/29/14 on the public test server to reflect the most recent Striker changes before they go live on the next patch.
    (**I'm limited to 5 pieces of media, so I'm omitting the embedded Striker vs Harasser & Lightning videos, but the links are still being included below**)

To begin, the simplest of tests.

Striker vs ATV

Kill time - 10 seconds
    Total rounds - 6
    Reloads required - 1

You can't even kill it with one full clip. Assuming all the shots hit from the first clip, you have to reload, then hit it again.
    And if you're thinking, "the other faction launchers must do the same thing", you would be wrong.

Lancer vs ATV

Kill time - 3 seconds
    Total rounds - 5 (1 round remaining in magazine)
    Reloads required - 0

And keep in mind those shots have virtually no drop and hit instantly.

Wait, let's compare those two again.

Striker vs ATV - 10 seconds and 2 magazines with 1 reload
    Lancer vs ATV - 3 seconds and less then 1 magazine and no reloads

Striker vs Harasser

LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4sFWWCc_4&feature=youtu.be

Kill time - 19 seconds
    Total rounds - 11
    Reloads required - 2

There is no way the Harasser will still be around when you start firing magazine #3 18 seconds after you fired the first round.

Striker vs Lightning

LINK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWBf01Uu2M&feature=youtu.be

Kill time - 29 seconds
    Total rounds - 18
    Reloads required - 3

You will definitely be dead by the time you get to your 4th magazine around 27 seconds. Or some sniper will be happy to pick you off as you sit there for half a minute just trying to kill a lightning.

Striker vs Sunderer

Kill time - 37 seconds
    Total rounds - 25
    Reloads required - 4

This Sunderer has no composite armor, no shield, and no one repairing it. And it still takes 37 seconds and 5 full magazines to take it down.
    Keeping in mind you only have 45 total rounds for the "rebalanced" Striker, you've exhausted over 50% of your ammo on one unprotected and unarmored target.

Striker vs MBT

Kill time - 38 seconds
    Total rounds - 24
    Reloads required - 4

I just don't know what to say.

Striker vs ESF

Kill time - 19 seconds
    Total rounds - 12
    Reloads required - 2

If you thought a Harasser wouldn't stick around for 19 seconds of you pelting it with Striker BB pellets, why would the faster ESF wait for the same thing?

All the SOE diehard defenders can say these changes are "great" and "blah blah" all they want to, but the proof is in the pudding.
    The Striker will absolutely suck if these changes go live.
    For a weapon that desperately needed a break to compete with the rest of the game, they decided to completely lobotomize it.
    And speaking of lobotomies, which designer thought that these so called "rebalance" changes actually made the weapon better?

I can't even kill an ATV with a full clip? Did the same developer actually do the same test I did with the Lancer?
    How in the nanites can they actually call this "balanced"?

I know this has been brought up a few times but I haven't seen any actual videos, so here they are. I think the majority of the players who never even visit the test server or the test forums should see what SOE is planning on doing with this weapon.

Personally if these changes go live I will never, ever pick it up again.....until they buff it to something that is better then an airsoft gun.
    • Up x 33
  2. Ribero

That ATV Video is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.
    • Up x 3
  3. a-koo-chee-moya

Wow... Good job SOE.
    • Up x 3
  4. Yeahy

Well lancer actually has terrible bullet velocity if you don't charge it up.
    Nevertheless, it way underperforms other lock ons while having to actually aim.
    • Up x 1
  5. lNeBl

I think you might have wasted a lot of time here, as explosives do not work correctly in VR training. This is because no AOE damage registers in VR.

This would explain this lolzy performance of the Striker. Unless this has been changed recently of course.

For example you will notice the PPA takes 5 direct hits to kill a player in the VR.

The lancer does not have AoE, so all of its damage works in the VR :p
    • Up x 2
  6. Iridar51

Well that is underwhelming. And here I was hoping Striker would finally become something cool.
  7. -Synapse-

I thought they fixed the splash damage in VR. . . or was I bamboozled?
    • Up x 5
  8. Vixxing

Well Lancer is even worse against ESF... you need 2 small reloads and one big one, while timing shots and aiming 100% perfect... like 18 seconds AND perfect aim/timing...
    • Up x 2
  9. Halcyon

AOE damage was fixed in the VR in the August game patch.
    The Striker still sucks.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-8-29-august-update.199055/

• Up x 5
  10. lNeBl

I never heard of them fixing it and judging by that striker performance I'd say it doesn't look fixed :p Try this same test on your own vehicle in a warpgate and see if its the same.

edit: looks like it may have been fixed, in that case, lol@ striker.
  11. Halcyon

That's not worse.
    The Striker takes 19 seconds to kill an ESF, and the ESF has to be close enough to the Striker for the rounds to actually track it.

Lancer doesn't have to track anything, and you can hit at range with it. You can dumbfire the Striker but good luck with the velocity of the rounds if your target is further then 50 meters.
  12. Yeahy

They fixed it.
  13. Yeahy

Its useless to debate lancer vs striker. You'll get more out of soe if you debate striker vs other lock ons.
    • Up x 1
  14. Halcyon

The other guy brought up the Lancer vs ESF point. This was never a Lancer vs Striker thread anyway, but the comparison between both weapons vs the ATV is pretty relevant.
    Easiest vehicle to kill in the game.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flashtirade

Splash damage is irrelevant since it doesn't affect vehicles anyways.

That's pretty sad. The rockets need to hit much harder for that fire rate (above the stock launcher but below the Decimator/Phoenix), the fire rate needs to be much faster, or a middle ground of both.
    • Up x 1
  16. The Rogue Wolf

But if you can aim and the ESF is within any sort of realistic range (~150m or so) then you're basically going to hit it with the Lancer. No other dumbfire RL can claim the same unless that ESF is stuck in the web of the Auraxian Megaspider.

I just checked the live VR and splash damage seems to be working fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the same holds true for the PTS.
    • Up x 1
  17. Yeahy

Its not like lock ons are effective against flashes anyways. 90% of the flashes are wraith cloaks. 8% have turbo and the other 2% have ir smoke.
  18. a-koo-chee-moya

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet... 1)&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...PER&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
    Try hitting an ESF with the KSR with as low zoom a scope as possible, and you'll see how easy it is to hit air with Lancer. Better yet, try it out yourself.
  19. a-koo-chee-moya

... Ever hit an ESF with your Railjack (850ms)at around 150 meters when they weren't just hovering there?That's pretty much what Lancer is on Charge 3(800ms), and you don't even have a scope to help you.
    Even if you do hit him,he's just going to act as if you hit him with a lockon and run, except you don't have a lockon, so good luck hitting follow up shots.
  20. AdmiralArcher

splash was fixed in the Valk update

the striker really is this bad
    • Up x 4