[Video] Hitreg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverogers

what'd you expect from someone who uses cheese 24/7 and only fights in places where his faction has 70%+ pop.
    • Up x 1
  2. Matti

I understand that t's not easy for an inexperienced low/mid skilled player like you to know how to read into
    a video like this but even though you can see that I keep my aim on the target and the bullets actuall bounces
    of the model of the HA, its a very short clip in a laggy situation.

I understand that I have hurt your feelings yb the past and that you want to take any opportunity to
    flame, even if it only shows your own ignorance, like in this case, but any decent player would
    know that judging someones skill requres a lot more fotage than this.

This video is meant to highlight a well know problem so that the game in the future will run better.
    Fixing problems like this will make the game more enjoyable even for the less skilled players like
    you that might not even notice this issue. It's quite simular to the discussion about FPS before
    the performance patches when players on you level felt the the game ran fine
  3. Alarox

You missed a bunch of shots because you went full-auto and didn't lead.
    • Up x 4
  4. steverogers

Love how you talk about experience and skill when you have barely above average accuracy, way below average HSR and laughable kph on your infantry weapons.
    • Up x 3
  5. Alarox

You simply don't understand. You disagree with him, therefore you must be bad, therefore you must be wrong.
    • Up x 7
  6. steverogers

Are you disagreeing with me? Because you know what's coming if you do O:
    • Up x 1
  7. Matti

I'm not talking about the bullets, I'm talking about the sparks coming from the HA's model
    when the bullets hit with giving hitregistration!!
  8. Cz4rMike

TL/DR aim to the center of your enemy people at 10 metres. Don't blame hit detection when you don't.

I didn't say it was an indication of hits. I just said it wasn't hit sparks.

Also what you talk about happens when there is a twitch shot, that's when bullet tracer desynch from the actual hit. When you don't twitch your aim much before shooting, your tracer does fly into your enemy.

You have to lead at every distance. At 10 metres just 7.5 cm. If you aim to the center of your opponent it equals to no lead at all. If you aim to the left shoulder (relative to you) and he moves right (relative to you) you don't get hits, because you miss. Read my colored post on page 3.

So stop writing nonsense.

Lol, if Matti actually had perfect aim, he wouldn't AIM at the shoulder, but to the center of the body at least. You too should stop writing and read my comment carefuly on page 3. Matti's aim is good, but it failed in that moment.

What is this arrogance, Matti? Your aim WASN'T on target. On target would be in the center. You wasn't fast enough and had negative lead to your target. Still after I wrote extensive comment on page 3 (which your fans and you yourself seem to rather ignore) where it proves you need some around 7.5 cm of lead at 10 m distance. You just happened to be on the very border of the lead and because of that, you missed.

Yes, I know there are sparks when you hit with hitmarker. And when you missed, you got no hitmarkers and no sparks. What's your point? My eye sight is perfect and my screen is great...
    • Up x 2
  9. Covah

You stopped firing too soon + missed the very last shot that would have killed him because you probably tought he would die half a second later due to lag.

A mistake that i make too.

Never stop firing/aiming until the guy is down, i don't see shots not being registered on vid, hitmarkers are ok, but they are "delayed".

There IS sometimes obvious hitreg problems i agree, but i don"t see a blatant hitreg fail on that vid.
  10. Matti

What is this arrogance, Matti? Your aim WASN'T on target. On target would be in the center. You wasn't fast enough and had negative lead to your target. Still after I wrote extensive comment on page 3 (which your fans and you yourself seem to rather ignore) where it proves you need some around 7.5 cm of lead at 10 m distance. You just happened to be on the very border of the lead and because of that, you missed.

You haven't proved anything but your own ignarance with this =)

Yes, I know there are sparks when you hit with hitmarker. And when you missed, you got no hitmarkers and no sparks. What's your point? My eye sight is perfect and my screen is great...[/quote]

The points, that is obvious to any normal human being is that I hit more than enough to get the kill,
    only the bullets didn't register. Again, the fact that you miss the entire point is nothing but laughable
    but than again, you never came here to get the point or to add anything constructive.
  11. TheBurningLegion

Stop posting.
    • Up x 5
  12. Nitrobudyn

Classic Matti - using arguments ad personam :rolleyes:
    I have to admit, that the guy You've quoted first was not constructive either, but why didn't You just ignore him? The second guy posted rather neutral, if not friendly comment and I don't understand why did You accused him of flaming or being ignorant.

When You write answer to someone and Your only argument is that You are skilled, therefore You know better - this is not constructive. People need proves, so if You can - explain were are they wrong, if You can't explain something in a way that they'd understand - just leave it. You can't make everyone to agree with You or to like You (count me to that number). Get over it.
    • Up x 5
  13. Matti

I will answer with the same attitude someone gives me. If someone tries to explain something
    that is just plain wrong than I will try to correct him and if I already have this explained and on Youtube
    then what better way than to direct him there.

I understand that I hurt your feeling in our shotgun dicussion and I do apologize.
  14. Matt879

It seems that it was an unlucky case of COF spread to me tbh, your bullets were clearly going next to the guy even though you were on target. I don't see how velocity could be the issue at that distance with an unsuppressed carbine, so it just seems like bad luck. Bad hit detection is pumping a guy full of buckshot at point blank and only getting a hitmarker, or you definitely being on target yet not doing all the damage you should be doing.
    • Up x 2
  15. TheBurningLegion

You did not hurt my feelings. You are not very experienced in the wider perspective of FPS mechanics, so I don't expect you to understand why you were at fault. You did however turn a potentially interesting discussion into an exercise of frustration by simply being rude and obnoxious.

You don't need to tell me how to play, you can teach me how to fly though. Cheers.
    • Up x 3
  16. Littleman

The hit detection issues in this game are so wonky, I've hit people with half a mag - confirmed hits - and they don't die. Sometimes, half of the hits register with the red X, and then some don't, and people die anyway when I don't get that red X.

I've been using enhanced targeting. It's kind of telling when I get an X, their health drops, get another, and nothing happens, fire a few more round but get no X, and they die to a round I fired.

And yeah, at the range Matti was firing at even SMG rounds wouldn't require lead aiming. CoF could be to blame, but it's unlikely every single round would veer off to the left of the target.

Mostly, I blame the fact that this game is using bullets with velocities instead of ray trace rounds - and that's just ONE problem with shooting. So much unnecessary burden on the servers that open up to a ton of frustrating and unexplainable phenomena, and some people wonder why PS2 is bleeding subs and can't seem to recover.
  17. p10k56

Best is this guy back a LA probably. Does he hit you?
    Cos he is in flight.
    Also seems like 7-9 bullets do nothing but they clearly hit.
    At least 12-13 hit + headhit, very resistant HA.
    But some peoples are hard to hit.
    How many times I saw silhouette of incoming infiltrator start firing at it but still ended like free kill even with HA shields on.
    As I said this happens mainly against Superman with flawless aim.
    Some peoples just melt in bullet storm and some are gifted..
  18. Inex

But that's not his only argument. If you watch the video, you'll notice that Matti is also arguing that hitreg is fine, and people who complain about it should L2P, or some such. It's a fine piece of satire really. A Poe, if you will.
    But how is he going to justify putting up more links to his paypal if he doesn't make a new video every few days?
    • Up x 5
  19. Kociboss

You are not very nice and your personal attacks are quite pointless.

You say that one needs to judge somebody's skill by extended footage and then you judge mine by...My forum post?

I don't think there is any point in continuing this discussion with your narcissistic ego dear hypocrite.
    • Up x 11
  20. Jaedrik

Like some have said before, I think CoF plays a much bigger role than most realize.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.