[Video] Hitreg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matti

Hi all!

There has been a lot of frustration lately about the hit detection and I wanted to
    share an example of what it can look like when the game/server isn't really working
    as we expect.

• Up x 7
  2. Nailhimself

Wrong video? I don´t really see a hitdetection problem in your video. Looks just like a case of "blame hitdetection for every missed shot".
    • Up x 5
  3. Matti

You mean when you in slow motion can see that my aim is directly on target the whole time.
    Maybe you just need to clean your monitor
    • Up x 1
  4. Nailhimself

You mean the shots that not "register" when he was running right and you were aiming at the left shoulder? (0:15 - 0:18)
    Afaik the hitbox is not exactly the model and additionaly that the bullets don´t travel in lightspeed that looks like everything was ok.
    • Up x 1
  5. Chaji

Matti, your bullets need some time to travel until they hit their target.
    Due to that, you have to him a bit in front of your target while moving with it.
    • Up x 9
  6. Matti

Lol, you don't need to tell me about leading, especially if you belive that you need to
    do that at that range with a midrange carbine that has HVA. I have tutorials about
    leading both with this weapon and others and in this situation, it's not needed.
  7. Matti

It's almost funny how you talk as if I was shooting at +75m (something that I have tutorials about BTW).
    You might actually learn a lot from my Aim and skill tutorials and my other Pulsar C videos if you belive
    that you need to "lead" in that situation.

Good Luck!
  8. Nailhimself

Classic Matti :D

I make tutorials -> I am always right.
    • Up x 7
  9. Shaengar

I think its more of a CoF problem here. It can get really bad after using Jetpacks and jumping. If you watch the slow motion part in high resolution you can even see the bullets fly past the other guy on the left side. Hence you missed even if your aim was directly on target.
    • Up x 5
  10. TheBurningLegion

Matti, stop talking like this. As much as I follow you, this is also the way you spoke to me when we had a disagreement about the skill in using shotguns and I had half a mind to just flame you.

Its very rude, condescending and doesn't garner you any more respect - in fact you lose it. You can get a constructive discussion from any critic if you did not talk in a such an obnoxious way.

Cheers.
    • Up x 8
  11. CEGrif

u missed
    • Up x 6
  12. Pootisman

Theres nothing wrong in the video if you go by PS2 standards. Hit detection for moving targets is quite bad.

Although you have to admit that you missed a few bullets.
    • Up x 3
  13. IPLAYTF2

he would've died if you tracked him better at the end where you kept going forward with your tracking even though he stopped to turn and shoot at you so you ended up missing about 6 shots
  14. p10k56

Hitreg problem occurs only on superman with super aiming skills:confused:
  15. z1967

You got maximum COF from sprinting/flying then scoping in and shooting. Take an extra half a second to let the COF reset next time.
    • Up x 2
  16. McToast

Moin

I know this, happens rarely to me though.
    At first I only though you didn't lead well because you can see the tracers of your bullets to the left, but the target isn't THAT far away. I also had issues with my bullets passing right through my opponent a couple of times. Don't know if it has to do with moving models, but it's annoying as ****.
    • Up x 1
  17. Leftconsin

I don't see a hitreg problem here.
    You took his overshield down, then didn't track him fast enough putting a lot of shots behind him. You can even see the tracers moving off behind him. When you caught you dropped his normal shield and got in just one headshot. He stopped moving to engage you and your aim kept tracking to the right missing all those shots. Your problem here is 10 or so body shots at that range doesn't take down an overshielded heavy.
    • Up x 8
  18. RykerStruvian

Lol, the outfit he's in is called 'Tools'. How accurate.
    • Up x 1
  19. GoyoElGringo

That gun with HVA shoots projectiles at 550m/sec. The heavy was like 10m in front of him. He'd have to be moving pretty fast to require leading at that range.

I swear, sometimes I wonder if the people here even play the game.
    • Up x 2
  20. RykerStruvian

We don't. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.