[VIDEO] ESF reverse maneuver changes on the Test Server (Video comparing PTS and Live)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SebDollar, Aug 1, 2013.

1. McChimperson

Why don't you go play TIE Fighter, Wing Commander and Colony Wars then? Because I played 2/3 of those and didn't think endless circles were entertaining. At all.

Especially against another player who isn't going to just die for your amusement.
  2. MasonSTL

Warhawk was a brilliant combined arms game (not to the same scale as PS2 but damn good for 2007) I guess you have to play it. While flying you didn't even blink. BTW how do you think that looks boring compared to PS2, BF3, or any other game that has flight combat? Seriously show me one video of a different game that has better flight combat.
    • Up x 1
  3. Elbryan

You do realize you will NEVER EVER finish a dogfight before it's interrupted by an outsider.

Would also be fun watching all those VS tears when they have to expose their large hitbox (bottom/top) 90% of the time if they wish to do any dogfighting. xD
    • Up x 1
  4. exLupo

Because those games are old, ugly and don't have multiplayer. I don't play Warhawk becuase I dislike the control feel. I fly in PS2 because I like the game as a whole. This does not mean I can't be happy about changes that you don't like.

To just die for someone else's amusement. So.. like every player who hasn't mastered reverse? Kinda hypocritical there, champ.

Combined arms. 1:1 dogfights are for unpopulated continents and other games. People who want PS2 ESFs to be their own private Pistols-at-Dawn can suck an egg.
    • Up x 2
  5. ThundaHawkPS

bads gonna bad

• Up x 2
  6. Puppy

I fly Scythes a lot but I'd be happy for the change. It feels really silly beimg able to fly backwards constantly. What's the point of me being chased if I kill it anyway? No need for teamwork there. Flying is still very unique but changing this is a big plus in my opinion. Libs need a little break as well as fighting other ESFs need a change in my opinion.
  7. Giggily

They should just give up on the air balance and have the Project Aces team make PS2 into sci-fi Ace Combat.

Not a joke, either. Ace Combat owns while the air combat in this game is dumb.
  8. exLupo

New pilots who couldn't handle it before?
    "Pro" pilots who are complaining about the change?
    Both?
  9. IamDH

? But you can still do it in the vid
  10. Maidere

Seems like it could be a good tweak in beta, but implemented in 1 year after the launch it's just gonna cause Magrider Drama 2.0.
  11. Primarkka

A realistic dogfight is BVR-combat.

That's so much fun!

Also I'd like to know which modern gen 3.5 fighter goes over mach 3 at just 10KM ASL dogfighting?
  12. ThundaHawkPS

perhaps you are not familiar with hoki

he is a terrible terrible pilot who despite his lack of knowledge and experience has a lot to say about what ESF is and should be

the joke

is on you.

13. Vortok

Warhawk was fun as hell back in the day. Had lock ons, but you could actually dodge them/break the lock without having to use chaff so they didn't feel overly cheap. Can't say I ever got good enough to see how much things broke down at the higher skill levels, but even with mediocre flying skills it was a fun time. Game was basically about air, though - infantry play wasn't nearly as polished though it was still quite playable.
  14. Purg

That's a fail of both BF3 and PS2, even before this adjustment. The problem is that there's no flight envelope, no stalls or spins. No dancing on the edge that envelope in order to bring your guns to bear on your target and risk a massive loss of energy or stalling a wing which could make you a sitting duck or plummet into the ground. Just hit max thrust and yank as hard as you want all day with no consequences.

I've seen videos of 'ace' pilots going up against each other, it degenerates into a hover spam where they're just facing each other off hoping to out score the other in hits. How anyone finds that enjoyable is beyond me.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nyscha

It was stupid.
    Bring on proper dogfights not who can fly the longest by doing it without crashing.
  16. Tekuila

Worst change to this game yet.
  17. Hoki

You can still fly backwards you're just a lot slower while doing it.
  18. Hoki

For those not familiar with this guy, he is a pro pilot who literally **** his pants and started obsessively attempting to defame me for not being a pilot after I brought attention to ESF nosegun statistics that everyone already knew.

If ya'll wanna see my stats my sig takes you straight to my stats page, but I think this image sums it up.

[IMG]

I use it for taxi'ing and ruining dogfights. No ***** given.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bine

Same build for me, minus the little utility thing. I got nothin in my mossie but that rotary and the A2A Missles. If i can pick up a kill en rout to the point I want to be, sweet. If not, oh well! I am bested easily by dedicated pilots. But I am not one, so I take the low road.
    • Up x 1
  20. ThundaHawkPS

mad because bad

can't defame you cause you had no fame to start with

stop trying to whine @ devs so they make the game easier for you, a non-pilot, to die less to air.