Vanu , NC , TR Infiltrator wich one is better?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by iKendaro, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ladiesop

The NC gets the bolt action that the others must pay 100 (not 1000) certs to get the equivalent of. The NC can buy the equivalent semi-auto for 100 certs too.
  2. Dcrd

And 100 certs can be made in 3 hours easily by a newcomer, while he'll be checking out the semi-auto. Not a big difference.
  3. iKendaro

I've tryed the vanu's parallax and , yes the no bulet drop can help thats a + but the tricky thing is that when u shot someone from a long range ur damage is being reduced while ur plasma bullet travels. So + range - damage.
  4. Tnsr

I like the TR Infiltrator the most.
    They can have a powerful sniper rifle as primary and a SMG as sidearm. Best combination you can have.
  5. Astraka

I hate when people call the Repeater an SMG. It makes me feel worse when I occasionally get outgunned by an NC's Mag-Shot, or worse, the VS's Beamer.
  6. Dr. Euthanasia

Don't feel too bad about it - I can kill HAs who use their shield with my Manticore in direct confrontations. Not all the time, but far more often than you would probably expect. Fighting TR Infiltrators is similarly not that big of a deal - maintain a "safe" distance and they'll run themselves out of ammo without causing you any significant harm.
  7. Astraka

Shh don't spread the super secret tactic! Normally my counterparts don't have the foresight to keep their distance, and instead rush at me trying to go for the quick knife.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kaerius

Poor man's SMG maybe, it's not full auto(3 round burst), and it has horrible recoil/accuracy, max damage per shot is 112, recoil is 0.65 and ADS accuracy is 0.8(hipfire while moving is 2.0), need to hit with 9 bullets to kill(barring nanoweave, with nano, at least 10, possibly as much as 12 for nano5), barring headshots, you'll miss about half at close range, so one mag is one kill. You have 4 reloads by default, and who uses ammo belt?

Magshot is accurate(0.3 ADS, 1.5 moving hipfire), does 200 max damage/shot, 5 shots to kill(6 with nano), hitting with every shot is quite possible, but let's say it misses a third, that's 9 shots, a bit over half a mag(9/15).

I'll agree the repeater has a bit faster TTK/DPS, it also has smaller margins for error. Miss more than half(or even just half against nano5) and you will need a reload for a kill, the mag-shot is more forgiving, and also rewards skill more(aimed headshots skew results in its favor, and is not so advicable for the repeater because of the burst fire/recoil, it is better off going for center mass). Mag-shot also has a longer engagement range due to its higher accuracy.

All in all, they're pretty balanced.
  9. Get2dachoppa

The Parallax has bullet drop, all the VS bolt action sniper rifles do.
  10. Evil Monkey

VS female infiltrator's butt is OP.
    • Up x 2
  11. JohnFolkner

This thread...Has actually made people forget what makes a good sniper/infiltrator/scout/head harvester...I will say this though, the fact that the NC start with a head popping bolt-action is a good advantage, especially for the sniper cadet, but if all factions were to have their final rifles (the big long range 1000K ones) it would all come down to four things, mainly: Sniper's intuition, Positioning, Patience, and lastly Rifle skill.

So to sum it all up, a sniper's ability to perform his role is determined by his skill.

That said, TR DA BEST SNIPERS OUT THERE!!!!
    (seriously though, skill makes the sniper)

and also...I prefer to get my cross hairs on my opponents face, for that good one shot head shot...why do people look at other people's butts? XD
    • Up x 1
  12. Syphers

I'm like done gearing my TR infiltrator which was kinda a bad move because the NC one is cooler in all regards with that new helmet so I just started one. NC camo almost cover their whole armor so it's pretty sharp when you run around and people think that you're one of them or they take the time to take a good look and react slower. Their neon sticks blend more easily than the TR red orbs too, the bettys are much better than the claymores and the magshot is cool and well balanced. There's that shotgun pistol coming eventually too
    • Up x 1
  13. Frosty The Pyro

yeah the bolt action sniper rifles are all exact clones of each other, parralax does not suffer from any aditional damage fall off, and has drop, it is EXACTLY the same as the Longshot (NC) or the RAMS 50 (TR).
  14. zaspacer

100 Certs actually takes a LONG time for a new player with no boosts. Especially if they try to "earn" it through regular play with a starting TR or VS using the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle. No Suppressor means they can't get too close. For longer ranges the 6x scope, lower damage, and trying to get multiple hits in a small hold breath window makes for a weak weapon. And remember they have no mines, bad recharge time on the cloak, no armor, etc. At least the VS Semi-Auto Sniper has no bullet drop to work with.

Their best bet is to:
    1) find and join a zerg and pick up kill assists and cap points
    2) spawn a mosquito and fly to Suarva (if it's enemy owned AND it's not n the front line), then hack a turret and blow up all turrets around it
    3) switch to another class (Engineer and repair, Medic and heal, or a join a zerg with a HA)
    4) hop in an ESF, climb to max altitude, stay in friendly air space, watch the map for spots about to be capped, then rush over to them to pick up the cap bonus

It's easy to get 100 Certs when your character has a bunch of stuff unlocked. It's much harder when they have nothing, especially now with the change to Instant Action. I just recently started 2 new characters playing mostly Infiltrator and it was a real pain to get the early Certs. I did a lot of (switch to) Engineer turret repair, hack and destroy turrets in empty bases (Saurva mostly), and Tower Assault 1-life-killing-spree-until-killed when Instant Action was refreshed. And that was with the old Instant Action. Now that they changed the Instant Action, I can't practically do the Tower Assaults anymore.
    • Up x 3
  15. allelujah

Have most of my play time logged as an infil.

I would say the TR has the better infil due to less lights, softer cloak sound, darker default cammo and auto pistol.

I've run 1v1 infil fights with other players and the NC one was normally spotted first due to the yellow lights, resulting in the lose.
    There is quite some love for the NC infil in the thread, but having all the lights on our gear and a load cloak sound it does slightly confuse me.

This was changed around GU-3
  16. Dcrd

I remember what it was like when I started playing. Vanu stock SR is amazing - no bullet drop, good damage and rof, SR accuracy. It's suitable for all ranges - shotgun style up close - 2 bullet headshot kills from range and easy leading bullets in medium range. Some weapons might be more handy for certain ranges or situations, but stock SR is the most versatile of all. Plus in order to be successfull at all ranges you don't need any fancy attachments. When I started playing I had like 30-60 certs per hour I believe, which was not so hard in case you're playing, not afking.
  17. Rudette

Depends a lot on what you like! Your pistol as infiltrator is very important and actually might be the deciding factor.

NC:
    Starts with a bolt action rifle if this style suits you. This means one shot one skill potential right out of the box without the 100 cert investment. Their pistols are both dependable and easy to use in close to medium range.

TR:
    Starts with a semi-auto rifle which I found was a lot easier to hit moving targets with but over all prefer bolt action. Our stock pistol is devastating in close quarters combat. I also prefer our SMGs. Some might say our claymores are bad, but meh I've never had any problem with them.

VS:
    Also starts with a semi-auto sniper rifle. I feel like it has a faster fire rate than the stock TR rifle but that is probably my imagination. I'm not fond of the VS stock pistol, but their upgraded pistol is much like the default NC pistol...however...that's 500 certs for a sidearm. I think the VS cloak makes the most subtle sound, VS are harder to see at night.

I think the infiltrators are on pretty much equal footing. NC starts with a bolt action but honestly in this game a novice sniper will probably want to start out with semi-auto so that he/she can get used to bullet drop and bullet speed. The VS have a weird lack of specialization in their sidearm selection---This will hopefully be alleviated by the release of the common pool revolvers and faction specific pistols. The faction specific pistols will probably be what sets the infiltrators apart the most upon their release as we are generally pretty reliant on them unless sporting an SMG.
  18. zaspacer

The game is different now then it was at launch:
    1) lower population during average hours, so fewer zergs to tag along with and blend safely in
    2) opponents have MUCH, MUCH better loadouts
    3) lot more vehicles being used
    4) players who know how to play better: know the maps, can identify types of threats and know how to counter, more coordinated, etc.
    5) no more chooseable Instant Action to select the better hot spots and get into the action quickly: quality of battles drops considerably and downtime to find action increases considerably

You run a VS Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle without Suppressor and you will have problems:
    1) if you are medium-close range sniping, firing will light your location up like a Christmas Light.
    2) if you are playing sneaky stalker, firing will again light your location up like a Christmas Light. And with a new player cloak recharge time you are not gonna be able to hide well
    3) good, long-lasting longer range suitable sniper fights are much harder to find now with selectable IA gone and the increase in number of vehicles
    4) sniper vs. sniper long range duels are a big disadvantage: you have to stand still longer for a 2x headshot (vs their 1x headshot), your multiple shots give away your position more, they can hide and heal your damage away if you don't 2-hit-kill
    5) your ability to defend against a zerg with a Semi-Auto Sniper in a tower or non-huge base range from poor to attrocious

I urge you to make a level 1 VS and try to see how long it take you to make 100 Certs using the Semi-Auto Sniper with 0 XP boosts, 0 Certs invested, and 0 SC invested. And you can't count the Cert boosts you get for logging in except for the first one after you make the character.
  19. Sabreur

Vanu, hands down. The others will talk about their awesome default pistols, but you can't deny that our spandex is fantastic.
  20. Baracuda

(all infiltrators are actually wearing that spandex)

I'd say the TR get the best infiltrator because of the pocket SMG. My play style is to either snipe from a distance or render their flesh from their face in very close quarters (Have an Aux. medal on the cyclone for it too). If I had the TX1 repeater, I wouldn't have to worry as much if someone wanted to kill in close quarters (which is a lot). The Mag-shot is nice, but it is not a close quarters gun. (Oh and I play NC more, however I am starting to play around with a TR char now)