Vanu , NC , TR Infiltrator wich one is better?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by iKendaro, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Dr. Euthanasia

My 1453 Manticore kills disagree strongly with that statement.
  2. Baracuda

Let me correct myself, it is not good in close quarters for how I use it* (which is get as close as possible then go toe-to-toe with every and any class). However I am using a bit more but I would still take a TX1 in a heart beat.
  3. Booface

To each his own. I have to politely disagree, though.

Put a laser sight on it or ADS. It becomes a laser-guided machine pistol of doom. Headshots galore. I play all three factions, TR is the only faction where I can feel confident taking on a group of folks at close/mid range with my sidearm. When I play Vanu, it's a cat and mouse game. When I play TR, I'm always the cat.

Reload is fast on it, too. It's basically a machine gun. Occasionally you see infiltrator threads where people are like "why not let us use SMGs as a secondary weapon?" You already can.
  4. Baracuda

(Only the TR can)

Also, just started using the Mag-shot heavily now (longshot+magshot combo), and it is an OK gun, although the times I've gone head-to-head with a TR with the TX1 out I get destroyed.
  5. Astraka

I find it interesting how everyone says that they want the Repeater, when the pistol I want is the Mag-Shot or Manticore. I just don't like how the TX1 'Bullethose' takes nearly half a magazine to down a player if all of your bullets hit, and possible an entire magazine or more if they don't. I would love the pistol if it had a slower ROF & had less ammuntion but was more accurate & did a little more damage - kind of like the Magsec 4 from Perfect Dark
    • Up x 1
  6. Paulus

Infil is alot like other things in life, The biggest difference to how good or bad it is lies in your ability to do it. Instead of asking which faction has the better Infil (because they are all an equal pain in the *** when played well) ask how you can make yourself better at your chosen role.
  7. Ghosty11

I actually find the TR cloaking sound the easiest to pick up on of the three.
  8. Astraka

Easier than the NC? I don't even really play the New Conglomerate and I think they got shafted on the cloak sound. Our is pretty high pitched, but nothing compares to the NCs sound of ripping-construction-paper-cloak.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghosty11

Yeah for me their is something about the TR's high pitched whistle that makes is stand out amongst other sounds during combat. I can't count how many TR Infiltrators I've hunted down and killed because of it, more so than NC ( I play VS so they get a reprieve from my Infiltrator hunting ;)).
  10. DemoniWaari

VS: If you like semi-autos, the no bullet drop is awesome perk and should not be underestimated. Also I love the cloaking sound! It this pure organic awesome! Though they probably have the worst stock sidearm.
    NC: Best for rookies, they start with a bolt action which is really nice and I love the cyclone for CQC, arguably the best proxies. Sidearm is mediocre and the cloaking sound is rather meh.
    TR: AWESOME sidearm to start with! But they have the worst proxies.

I can't say much for TR / VS SMGs because I haven't used them.
    So basically NC is the best for rookies, but not by much. After you've played a while and have the basic stuff I'd say VS is the best, but again the difference is very small.
    In the end I'd say:
    DO YOU LIKE SCIFI AND LASERS? If you do, pick VS.
    DO YOU LIKE REBELS AND BLUE? If you do, pick NC.
    DO YOU LIKE THE EMPIRE FROM STARWARS... AND RED. If you do, pick TR.
    They're so very indifferent that you will do just fine with any of them.
  11. Scrab6

it seems eveone forget about bulletdrop, VS dont have to bother with that, so the best sniper rifle is the Parallax. When you aim to head, you will hit the head (of course if the target standing still). But is you play as TR or NC, you must know the distance, and the corresponding mil-dot, to hit the head.
  12. DrTeeth

The bolts actions for all empires work the same way. There's only no drop on the VS semis. It's not a major deal anyway, with the RAMS I just aim for the scalp and get the kill at any "reasonable" range with the 6x scope.
  13. Scrab6

lol, but who is the idiot, who use 6x scope for it? With 12x scope you must aim 1,5 mil-dot abow head to provide headshot around 300m
  14. Ohforsake

VS has bulletdrop. And no, the best Sniper rifle is the V10, due to higher bullet speed. Get into VS training, move as far as you can away from a target, pick a 12x scope (corresponds around target size of 2 mildot) and note a 2 3/4 Mildot holdover on all bolt action Snipers.
  15. Dr. Euthanasia

It's funny, because he doesn't even realize that bullet rise is also a significant detractor from the reliability of the Parallax.

The weapon's calibrated to hit targets at long range by compensating for its own bullet drop. You need to aim at the neck and lower when they get close enough, or your bullet will go sailing right over their head. This can be prevented completely by equipping a suppressor (it actually makes the bullets go straight out of your gun, not just fall sooner), but only if you want to deal with the lower velocity and ridiculous increase in bullet drop.
  16. Syphers

[IMG]

Gotta say I like much more my NC
  17. Veri

Personally I think the NC infiltrator as pictured above looks the best out of the male infiltrators.
    TR....they look most like the generic infiltrator due to the head.
    VS, best looking female infiltrator.
  18. JahziLLa

I would say the NC infiltrator is the best, for one they have the best look and the LA80 is a monster in the hands of a skilled marksman. When it comes to aggressive infiltrators the AF-4 Cyclone with extended magazine, suppressor, soft point ammunition, and your choice a 1x sight you will dominate in close quarters.
  19. Tyzh

Old info is old. The LA80 was bugged, and that was fixed ages ago. It's now properly the same as the SR-7 and V10.
  20. Kupcake

The only substantive difference is that VS semi sniper rifles and scout rifles have no bullet-drop. In exchange, they have more damage degradation. The damage loss isn't too bad. Testing it out, you still kill a player with two headshots at ranges of up to 79 meters using the Nyx, and two headshots with the Specter kills at any range. For reference, most gunfights which players consider to be "medium range" are 50ish.

And the Beamer isn't great. But the Manticore gets the job done probably as well as the other pistols.