Vanu , NC , TR Infiltrator wich one is better?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by iKendaro, Mar 21, 2013.

1. iKendaro

Pretty simple question i want to know wich is ur favorite or wich one u think its the best :) I will be using the best wepons so just tell me wich one is the strongest with the new bolt action :). Btw im rolling my new char on EU MILLER
  2. Ztiller

All the sniper rifles, across all factions, have identical stats. Parallax = Longshot = Ram .50 etc. There is no difference.

The only difference between the infiltrators is the sound and the AP mines.

As for the SMGs and Scout Rifles, i don't know enough to compare them.
  3. Corvus12

Ever watched VS female Infiltrator from behind? Dat butt...
    • Up x 12
  4. Dominas

I mainly play TR but I think I like the NC one the most. I just like the looks of NC infiltrator and the bolt-action rifle sound has the best feel to it IMO. Also I like the slower but more powerful per shot sidearm option. Oh and the claymores blow compared to bouncing betties. (+ I love the NC infis female voice..)
    • Up x 1
  5. MartianDiscoFish

I like the TR infiltrator the most, their pistol destroy heavies
    • Up x 1
  6. Dr. Euthanasia

The TR have the best pistol for extremely close range, while the NC have the best pistol for nearly everything else (and no, I don't mean the Rebel even though it's definitely not bad). The upgraded VS pistol is almost identical to the NC one, but suffers ever so slightly in terms of accuracy.

The NC also have the least obvious mines, although the TR are the only faction where the difference actually causes problems. NC Infiltrators are significantly easier to see uncloaked at nighttime, while VS are the hardest with TR following very closely behind them. You'll hear mixed comments about the cloaking sounds - I think the VS one is probably the most subtle myself.

Those are all the differences unless you care about your starting gear, in which case NC is objectively the best equipped.
    • Up x 4
  7. Rexsaw

I think you may have to expand your decision to choose a faction to more than just the infiltrator class.

I will say my opinions though. Sniping rifles are all pretty much equal if you invest SC into whichever one you want. TR has the easiest to spot mines (claymores) the other two are about equal. I personally like the sound of the TR cloak the best. I haven't noticed a difference in one faction being easier to see than the others, as far as I know cloaking is all the exact same other than the sounds.

I personally prefer CQC situations, and in CQC (close quarters combat) the TR's fully automatic pistol is the only one that has a chance versus my shotgun.
  8. Bloodmyth

I'm sad to say TR until we get the new pistols, their pistol out shines our VS one easily and you'll find you use the pistols a fair amount. I am happy with our mine though I wouldn't swap that.
  9. Dcrd

They are 99.99% identical.
  10. Unquietemu

I personally went with the NC for the one shot sniper at 0 certs....
    But I have to say that the pistol is not great in cqc, but buying the rebel for 500 certs is better than buying a new sniper for 1000.
    I actually dislike the vanu infl cloak sound because it is the most distinct sounding.... I would describe it as biological.
    Anyhow play around with all the infil classes in the new VR map and test the feels.
  11. Cigg

Yes I use my NC pistol over my carbine, just wish I had pistol slap, slap the tinman hey you awake in there!
    • Up x 1
  12. Nyerk

Personally, I'll go ahead and say the VS

Although our pistols aren't great (that can be easily fixed with new weapons added to the game) and our Helmet is too "distinct" IE makes it easier to spot (Just buy another on the Shop), the color of our natural suit is "grey" for the most part, which helps at night/on the shadows and our cloaking sound is the most subtle IMO.

The TR Bolt-Action rifles though do have a much sexier sound when firing IMO:D. The NC sound on the other hand is garbage, no offense.
    • Up x 1
  13. pnkdth

TR for the repeater. It is a mini-SMG. Best side arm, bar none, in the game. Mag-shot is good as well, the reason I run around with a manticore, because it is as close as I can get.
  14. Get2dachoppa

I'd say NC is the best for a new character since its the only faction to start you with a bolt action sniper rifle.

Dr. Euthanasia summed up all the pros and cons between factions pretty well.
    • Up x 1
  15. Blitzkrieg

TR.

Why is this even a thread, this should just be common sense.
    • Up x 1
  16. Novmiech

I'm by no means a uber infil but my take on it is:
    Rifles = all the same; other than NC having the best starter weapon and Vanu the worst.
    Scout Rifles = all the same.
    SMGs - I prefer the New TR SMG (hailstorm) and the old NC SMG (AF-7? something like that)
    Pistols - TR all the way, both their stock and upgraded handguns are beast. Followed by NC default and lastly Vanu upgraded (Manitcore)
    AP Mines - NC then Vanu, followed by a very distant TR.

If I really had to pick a winner it would be TR; If I had to pick a loser it would be Vanu. That said the difference is small enough for me to really just call it a wash.
    Play what you like.
    • Up x 2
  17. Anvildude

Scout Rifles- Vanu has it there. No bullet drop- same with the Semi-Auto Snipers (including the default) but the scope sway kinda nullifies that advantage there. But the Nyx is actually pretty nice for mid-range work.
  18. zaspacer

5 - Amazing
    4 - Good
    3 - Average/Middle
    2 - Bad
    1 - Terrible

Here is my take so far.

==GENERAL==

Appearance (gameplay):
    VS = 4 (hard to see)
    NC = 3
    TR = 2-3 (red sticks out more to both other factions)
    (please comment if camos can fix this and which ones)

Personnel Mine:
    VS = 4 (hard to see: flat, small, and good color that blends with many areas)
    NC = 5 (very hard to see: flat, very small, and very good color that blends well with many areas)
    TR = 2 (specialized design limits explosion arc, easy to see: not flat, small, and bad color that stands out in many areas)

Pistol:
    VS = 2 (very low TTK such that most opponents can react and kill you first)(becomes a 4 if you switch to 500 Cert/700 SC Manticore)
    NC = 4
    TR = 4

Cloak Sound:
    VS = 3
    NC = 3
    TR = 3 (has a high pitch at the end that stands out a bit)

Medium Scope Visual:
    VS = 3 (large triangle)
    NC = 4 (large rectangle)
    TR = 2 (medium circle)

==GUNS==
    Submachine Gun:
    VS = 5
    NC = 5
    TR = 5

Bolt Actions:
    VS = 4
    NC = 4 (NC's LA80 slightly better than VS and TR equivalent)
    TR = 4

Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle:
    VS = 4-5 (no bullet drop with Suppressor)
    NC = 3 (with Suppressor)
    TR = 3 (with Suppressor)

Semi-Auto Scout Rifle:
    VS = 4-5 (no bullet drop with Suppressor)
    NC = 3
    TR = 3

Auto Scout Rifle:
    VS = 2
    NC = 2
    TR = 2

==BUDGET PLAYERS==

Starting main weapon:
    VS: 2 (becomes a 4 if you add a 100 Cert Suppressor)
    NC: 4
    TR: 2
    • Up x 3
  19. Mustarde

I just want to put out there, the TR repeater is trash. The spread is horrible and even at close range you will miss half the bullets. Yes, some people are good with it and it can be effective, but the same could be said for the rebel or any other sidearm.

The moment I started using the TX2 Emperor I began gunning down people left and right. With a laser and silencer I routinely can kill a full health HA spraying their LMG all over while I dance around and empty the 21 bullet clip.

^^The above is just my opinion. I put it out there to contradict all the people who assume that the repeater is pure OP because of the fast ROF.

As for the OP's question... they are all very equal. I was impressed with the semi auto vanu weapons with no bullet drop - it makes them much better than the TR/NC equivalent imo. But since I use mostly bolt actions (and those are nearly identical across factions), it's really just a matter of which factions lore interests you the most.

Personally I like oppression and "victory is my tradition". :p Screw freedom and science.

*as others have said, the TR claymore does suck hard. BB/Prox are a clear advantage. But its not worth chosing a class for just that one item.
    • Up x 4
  20. illgot

I like the NC. She starts with a good bolt action and I like her voice :)

Other than starter weapon there is little difference other than the voice.