Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klypto

Well, clearly it's more believable than their patch notes.

It has 2x the 2kool4skool-popu-hilarityPRO likes than the official ones.
    • Up x 8
  2. MaxCarz

I will be very glad to see these small adjustments to lib farming coming into the game. This game needs far less skill less one handed farming and far more skillful and fun game play / counter play.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

4. Dinapuff

See the lib is not outright superior. That price goes to the ESF. As it stands the lib is merely adequate enough in durability to be worthwhile as a support vehicle while contesting air control. Nerf its Air vs Air capabilities further and it becomes a useless zerg vehicle only used when you already have air superiority.

With a nerfed lib you only have half an airgame left. IT's going to be boring spamming coyotes on people while the other third rocketpods the ground.
  5. vanu123

The magrider gets shafted. Look in the name of balance you need to give it SOMETHING to compensate for everything its giving up. Again magrider got screwed left right up down and sideways.
    • Up x 3
  6. Akashar

No, because the purpose now is to get closer to fight, so magburner should see a nerf soon, as it will be sooo OP. That or we will getting the same kind of nerf to hovering we had in GU 02
  7. TriumphantJelly

In every direction it can strafe...:(

*sniffle*
  8. Flag

In what universe is the Lib not superior to the MBT?

Oh you know the way you describe a Lib should it get nerfed at AA?
    That's the current MBT. It -is- confined to zergs.
    • Up x 7
  9. maxkeiser

The funny thing about these changes is that they will GUARANTEE that magriders stay even further from the main battle.

I will need to keep even more distance now from enemy tanks. I will fight at longer ranges and even more elusively as I will need the extra time and advantage to get away.

Far from closing the range, this will lead to magriders fighting at even further ranges - just to stay alive.
    • Up x 2
  10. Dinapuff

And this means the lib has to be confined to the zerg too? It's like watching someone complain that the MAX suit is stronger than heavy assault class. It is in the nature of the design. How accessible it is, and how much it costs.
    The current MBT needs a redesign yes, or they need to design a heavier tank with a higher force multiplier with a separated pilot and gunner seat.

The liberator is not balanced around the same concepts or more people would be using it. The devs clearly want air control to matter or they wouldn't be toning down the nerfs, and most outfitted players with a wider perspective want it to matter because if it didn't then whatever semblance of depth PS2 has will vanish.
  11. Sekone

haha omg you must be a troll because if you look in all of the patch notes there's nerfs to air atleast 50% of the time
  12. Scr1nRusher

I don't get why they are even nerfing tank AP & HEAT ranges in the first place and then buffing HE tanks and promoting/forcing there usage.

this will be bad for the game.

the should honestly just remove HE tank rounds at this point.
    • Up x 2
  13. Flag

The lib (and ESF) is what confines the MBT to the zerg.
    I actually assumed you knew as much.

By the way, why don't we just remove the Lib Pilot Gun? Actually that's an interesting idea, got to remember that one.
    • Up x 2
  14. PKfire

As a pilot who is not a heavy TB user (my poor K/D in contrast to my time in Liberators is evidence of this, though it helps to have arguably the best Shredder gunner in the world) I really don't believe that would be a terrible change. I also think a tank with a driver and gunner setup would be super fun. However, I'm definately not the norm and you would be hard pressed to convince others of the same.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flag

You know all the talk about making the gunner control the turret for the MBTs?
    What's funny about that one was that for the longest time (and it is still the case in a way) the magrider follows this suggestion.
    Remember the godrider? Part of the reason for how this came to be was the inherent higher appeal for VS to man their tanks because of this (unintended) reversal of roles compared to the Van and Prowler.

While not the same as having a dedicated driver with no guns, it's still different from the other tanks.
  16. PKfire

Homingbacon and I recently rerolled over to VS and have had quite a bit of fun in the Magrider for the small ammount of time we have spent in it and I can see what you're saying. Teach us the ways of the hovertank, Flag, for perhaps we would repent for the sinful ways of the Liberator.
  17. Flag

Sure, why not?
    If you're serious, hit me up with a PM.
  18. PKfire

Can't PM you as your profile is set to private. Either that or I've been drinking too much or been sitting on the beach too long to find the button. Praise Vanu for summer.
  19. Vanir

That is just making using a prowler / vanguard harder than it needs to be. Allowing for dedicated drivers in prowlers & vanguards will increase there mobility and making them harder to hit. Here is an example what it is like.

The devs have said that it is something that they would like to implement (watch @ 19:16)
    • Up x 2
  20. Scr1nRusher

^ and then the devs never had another roundtable again seemly.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.