Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good_Kitty

I really don't understand why the Liberator is getting nerfed. The lib is only over powered because people do not pull strikers/annihilators/bursters at EVERY base.

I think a better solution is to give incentive to the slower game play of ground antiair / Air gameplay is to give the lib a bounty sort of like extreme menace.

Make the bounty cap infinite and when that liberator has farmed out 50+ kills give the killing GROUND unit x50 kills of XP. I think if this was done more people would enjoy anti air weapons / maxes and set up more anti air defenses.

A liberator dies easily with a few annihilators locked on to it.
    A liberator dies with a few burster maxes on it.

Most bases have little to no annihilator action and little to no burster max action. ground to air gameplay just needs to be more rewarding.

Now when there's dedicated anti air squads running around that "bounty'' will not climb very high ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. Flag

Ok, then I have a question for you.

Why do libs need the by far superior firepower over their ground "bretheren" (tanks)?

It's not a question of "do they", but "why do they".
    • Up x 2
  3. Whatupwidat

Instead of even nerfing the lib as much as they have it'd be a lot easier to have an AA with a weaker more shakable - ie, can lose the missle without chaff/flares - lock-on rocket be standard for HAs.

Just my humble opinion.
  4. FBVanu

Ground to air could be easily increased by making the Burster Max cost only 200 resources.. and a Skyguard only 250 resources.. ...
    such specialized weapons that are mostly no good for anything else, should cost less resources..

That should increase the usage of skyguards and burster Maxes.. thus increasing the G2A game..

Just a thought.
  5. Flag

Fighting broken with broken?

That would be a band-aid fix, at best.
  6. Silkensmooth

I agree G2A and A2G is broken, but tanks vs infantry is far more deadly than air vs infantry.

Go look at my kill log from tonight. I have kill streaks of 7 or 8 in my scythe against enemy ESF, but i have killstreaks of 15 or 20 vs infantry in my magrider.

Libs should kill tanks. Who else is going to do it?
  7. Flag

... Other tanks? Infantry? Harassers?`Sunderers?

I keep seeing "suggestions" that I pull an ESF to go deal with Libs or ESFs.
    Fine, but why is suggesting the reverse, that sky knights leave their chariots and pull tanks to properly fight off tanks "unacceptable"?

It's the exact same thing, just in reverse.
    Yet one is considered "right" (the go pull air to deal with air), and one isn't (ditching aircrafts to deal with ground from the ground).
    • Up x 4
  8. Sebastien

I will. The only thing stopping me from dominating every vehicle in the Hex is having to hide from aircraft.
    • Up x 2
  9. Silkensmooth

Well sir, it has been shown in the past that when there are no libs to kill the tanks that the tanks simply proliferate to an intolerable level.

I myself enjoy farming some infantry with my magrider, just go look at my kill board, but i rarely die to anything other than air. If some lib didn't come along to chase me under a bridge i could easily get kill streaks of 100 vs infantry and i'm not even really a tanker. I only have about 7 days in a magrider.

Not only that i'm what K/D cowboys would call a bad player. I play with the I'd rather be dead than bored mentality. I have fun and gain excitement from pushing the envelope, as it were, and i still get my best kill streaks in a tank.

And why I would like to see thermals nerfed for all vehicles is because i enjoy playing infantry too, but it almost invariably ends in death to a tank.

As a vehicle user i know how EZ mode thermals are. They negate camo. They negate caution and skillful maneuvering.

Without thermals i believe the vehicle vs infantry farm would drop to tolerable levels.

The addition of Air and Tank objectives would also help tremendously.
    • Up x 2
  10. Flag

And what do you think AV-AV tanks are for?
    Killing people who farm like you claim to do. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Only these days we're usually confined to operating from zergs, which is boring compared to the more sneaky flanky style.

.. you know, the thing Libs deny to tanks these days.

Edit:
    You can sort of compare the AV-AV MBT to the AA-AA ESF (except it costs almost twice the resources and takes 2 people, to mention a few things). It does one thing well, killing their one designated targets, and not much else.
    (I'm aware you can kill infantry with it, but that's not in the realm of "effective", but 'passable')
    • Up x 2
  11. Silkensmooth

AV-AV tanks kill infantry too. Go check my kill log. 7 in a row with the FPC. And again im not even good.
  12. Silkensmooth

A libs job is to kill tanks. That is not to say that it con't be deterred from doing that job by skyguard and bursters and lock-ons. In fact at large scale fights i almost never die to libs.

Why is that? Because libs can't participate in large scale fights.

Really the only time i die to a lib is when im lone wolfing it. When im in the armor column they never kill me.

When there is friendly air overhead the libs don't bother my tank at all.

Why is there a problem for a lib to kill me when im away from my pack?

Its not like its a foregone conclusion that hes going to kill you either. I'm always looking for cover. There are lots of trees to hide under and strafe around and bridges are good for escaping libs.
    • Up x 1
  13. DaMann22

Man please don't give Klypto and Alarox more incentive to farm me.

The Liberator changes need to happen soon. Make the lib weapons more focused on their primary function, anti-vehicle for anti-vehicle, and anti-infantry strictly for that. I very much dislike getting hit with Daltons from a spamming lib.

As for the tanks that I use very much, I like increasing the reverse speed and acceleration however I do not think it should be equal. Reverse should be close to real life. For instance I propose that you make the reverse speed 75% the speed of forward with acceleration taking only slighly faster than it is now to reach that speed. You shouldn't be able to quickly pop it into reverse and get out of there. Of course make the mag slightly slower going back than the other vehicles and keep the strafing speed the same. I wouldn't know about the other vehicles as I do not drive them as much.

I do not like the tanks velocity change to help make the tanks fight closer as the Mag already is at a disadvantage in head to head and at close range to the other tanks, so change the mag accordingly. I would like to see more combined armor fighting.
  14. Rhaegal

Funny this is coming from a BRTD -- which I highly respect don't get me wrong; however, I don't think you grasp the impact of these changes -and their likes- on the air game. Camping spawn rooms isn't fun for anybody, save for farming certs for sure. Put a damn umbrella-like shield on top of them like those in Hossin for all I care. SOE isn't balancing things up, they are constantly bringing people's fav weapons in line with a complete **** weapons for questionable purposes.

I have heavily certed libs and sufficient experience with them and I haven't even unlocked ONE AI weapon as everybody does by default, so please don't go Jesus Christ on me and jump to conclusions about my playstyle.
  15. DeadWizard

I'm not sure if the changes to tank primary will force NC to get closer with their Enforcer/AP combo.

The combination of gun nerf with the lowered survaviability against ground fire might be too big of a nerf for the lib but as a not lib player i would like to see them.
  16. Rhaegal

Now that I've just read this. I was clearly wrong about you not grasping the impact of the changes. I almost agree with everything you listed above though I wonder how you got the admiration of camping-spawn-rooms part from my post. I'm talking tankbuster, rotaries, EFS's hover and afterburners, dalton nerfs, the fun stuff that got/getting nerfed.
  17. Mystogan

As I said before, but my post on 57 page is alredy forgotten, changes are to make clear role of ESF and Lib

1. Lib job is be anti-ground. So Dalton velocity is nerfed to not be able to hit Air. Why? Becasue that how it works in this game. You equip AV? You suck AI and AA. You equip AA? You suck AI and AV.

Skyguard when pulled suck AV and AI, but it is decent at AA. MAX with Ravens/Fractures/COmets is decent at AV, sometimes doable on AI and suck balls AA.

And so will now be Liberator after nerfs. Wanna equip Dalton? You are going AV and you suck at AA> You need ESF suport like all dam gun-ships in the war history. You equpi buldog on tail? You have decent AI and doable AV but suck AA.

Now Libs will have to specialize like all other vehicles, and I am glad that Dalton-master race will go away ro change mind set. Nobody will miss even 20-30 Dalton-decdicated crews but will welcome much needed new players, which experience is ruined many Times by libs (I know few friends who didn't last in PS2 becasue of LIB update).

Rocketpods- THEY ARE AI. And so, if you will equip rocket pods, you are going AI and you suck AA and AV. For AV you will have to equip Hornets and you will suck at AI and AA. Coyotes, Tomcats? AA, suck AI and AV.

No more all-arounders in this game. You have rocket-pods? Go and do your job with it. No more going for smoking tanks with ultra-skilled lolpods from above, where tank cant rise cannon. Ow, you equiped Hornets and killed me? Ok, thats fine, At least I know you won't farm my guys in next base with it.

Why Vulcan was nerfed in AA and AI? Why Saron was nerfed in AI?

You think Air-Master-Race that you will have all good and you can equip one think and just go skill-solo run and kill everything.

NO- now you will have to choose and suffer from it as all other vehicles in this game,

I am sick of argumetns of how skilled you have to be to tank-buster lone tank and equip shredder and be able to: kill vehicles from high above, farm infantry with thermal and hunt enemy air.

No more. Now you will have to adapt and start working as freaking gun-ship you are, not tank-esf who is not afraid of noone.

No MLG meta. Hope now experience of new players will be little better. At least I will able to 2 shot kill libs that will farm with zephyr people in spawn room.

And you talking about team play? Now team play will start. Libs will need ESF supports. ESF wil have to specialize more for ground suppression (no more ANTI ALL GROUND lolpods) and that how will macro-team work work.

Nobody cares about lib-dedicted crews. There is too few of you and game is much bigger than you and SOE cares about NEW players. You either adapt or go away- nobody will miss you. So much better gameplay...

Can't wait and keep going SOE.
    • Up x 2
  18. Sebastien

Amateur hour.

Neither can anything else. You think a single tank can strong point a base by itself?

Tank zerg.
    I just realised a logical disconnect in your argument.
    If tanks are safe in numbers, how is it possible that nerfing Libs will make tank spam more abundant, when it's clear from that example they never stopped tank spam in the first place.
    All it did was stop actual tankers from making a difference.

You're not going to escape good Libs by hiding under bridges and trees. No matter how long it takes, they'll keep coming at you because you're trapped.
    Only safe place is Towers and walls, where they have to come down to your level to hit you.
    • Up x 1
  19. PKfire

Because it has come up several times in this thread I'd like to very briefly touch on the subject of Liberators being able to engage air in general.

Though it may not have been an intended use of the vehicle I think it does well to keep the air game diverse in its encounters. Think of how the reverse maneuver was not an intended use of the ESF and yet how its coming to be added a whole new dimension to air combat. And while many players will decry both the A2A Liberator and the reverse maneuver alike, A Lib crews ability to effectively combat air targets is the only pillar of skill that team can stand on to distinguish itself from the farmers.

And yes, there is bias here. I'll tell you I am biased in that all I can offer you is the point of view of a Liberator pilot, nothing else. Just as others may only be able to provide experience as a tanker, infantry, or something in between. But please take it for what it is, and I hope that you would extend that courtesy to other posters as well.
    • Up x 3
  20. vanu123

I really hope they actually let us test out these changes, because right now these almost all sound horrible.
    Lib:
    Just go back to the old resistance values, there is NO logic in making them worse than before where they're at now.
    MBT:
    If these changes go throught (I pray they don') the magrider is going to be crippled, the mag will need an omni burner and its old 1 shot saron to be able to compete w/ the other tanks being able to move around better in addition to the stabilization.
    If you want to make tanks more active in combat, then TAKE DOWN THE WALLS!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.