Upcoming Tank and Liberator Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevmo, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divinorium

I would also reduce the rolling speed of liberators. So it couldn't turn it's belly to enemy aircraft as easily. And the enemy would be capable of actually avoiding stand in it's line of fire.

Also Liberator with it's belly not facing down should suffer more from gravity. making it drop faster.

So while the liberators could still fight ESF back, it wouldn't be as easily as before.

IMO the biggest problem with liberator is that:

An Liberator X infantry. Infantry has no chance. It takes a ratio of 5+ advantage for the infantry scare the lib.

Lib x ground vehicle: It takes a higher number of tanks to fight the liberator.

Lib x ESF: take ace or at least equal on skill ESF pilot to take out a lib.

That's a HUGE problem.

A average lib crew can take and dominate 2/3 of the game while takes equal or higher skill to take it out with the other 1/3 part.
    That gives a inherit advantage over anything.

A average ESF pilot should be able to easily take a High skill liob crew.

Everything in this game need to have a weak point. and this weak point can't take a player as good as you, when it don't require you to be better then the guy you are killing.

"but lib are weak, you don't see it in battles of 48+"

well... when was the last time you saw 24 liberators in the same base?

If it happens nothing in the game can fight them back.
    • Up x 1
  2. dstock

They already can, they just need an AH to do it.

Which is why it's being nerfed.

Take off your freedom-tinted glasses, please.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dreadnaut

This might be ok if there weren't amazing ESF pilots running around currently 2 clipping Libs with the Air Hammer and guys with great aim that will shred you in no time. 1 good ESF pilot will crush the best Liberator crews in the game. If SOE were to listen to you and **** the Liberator even more in the maneuverability area, those good ESF pilots would be even better, and the mediocre pilots would be that much better at killing even the best Lib crews in the game. I don't think your ideas would do anything but make Liberators useless.

Try flying a Liberator with the Racer airframe sometime and tell me how fast it rolls and how easy it is to pull out of a dive...

The Liberator is OP in small fights, and completely useless in big fights. If you nerf maneuverability, they'll be completely useless in the air too.

Like I've been saying over and over, AA isn't fun, but it's incredibly effective. Liberators are easy to kill, people would just rather complain then work together to kill one. I get the complaining for most, AA is boring.
    • Up x 3
  4. Dreadnaut

No, it shouldn't. This is an absolutely atrocious idea.

The great ESF pilots can already do this. Making so average pilots can do it removes any skill from that environment.

Let me guess, you love Tomcats and Coyotes too, right?
    • Up x 1
  5. Divinorium

That's the point. A Ace crew SHOULD be crushed by a Ace pilot. Since a ACE lib crew CRUSH anything else in the game. And only stop crushing when they go alone in a area with 2~3 squads worth of AA.

And a lib crew should have their own support to defend them against these ace pilot.

That's how the game should roll.

"I destroy everything. But there's THAT thing that destroy me. And i need to be protected against that."
    That's how a Lib crew should be thinking.

And not
    "I destroy everything. And if a ESF show up, we still have a fair chance."

Liberators aren't useless in big fights. They can take Enemy sunderers more easily than anything in the game. At the price of it being a one way run in 99% of the cases.

They can destroy a tank and retreat before being destroyed.

In fact when in numbers they dominate the fights for a good portion of the time.

The said skill is required from a Lib to kill a tank? Why it should take skill to a ESF kill a Lib?

That's why no one care about what lib players think. On general.

PS: The game should roll like this:
    Tank< Lib < ESF< AA(skyguard)< Tank.

Not

Tank< libe = esf < 2~3 skyguard< tank
    • Up x 1
  6. Dinapuff

You should stop arguing with these people. Most of the people arguing for the opposite side don't want the lib to be more than a temporary force multiplier that you roll into a base, shell for some minutes to pad stats and then bail from as you get targeted.

The airgame will simply revert to esf side and nobody will be happy.
    • Up x 1
  7. dstock

So, Libs should demolish everything else in the game, but solo ESF pilots should be able to farm Libs.

Pass that to the left, homie.
  8. Divinorium

Unless we are playing different games, that's already what happens.

Libs destroy EVERYTHING in the game. They are only clockblocked by numbers. And by numbers i mean NUMBERS.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dreadnaut

Yes, ACE pilot should be able too, not an AVERAGE pilot as you stated.

So you're saying a Liberator should be forced to use teamwork to survive, but nobody else should...Interesting thought process there.

I've said multiple times that I think deployed Sunderers should have Wraith Cloak or be tougher when using Blockade Armor.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here...

But if you're implying that 1 clipping a tank from the rear only and not getting destroyed by everything else on the battlefield at the same time doesn't take skill, you're wrong.

Also, your 37 minutes of total time in the Liberator isn't helping your cause here...You're arguing against a point in which you have literally almost zero experience in...Unless of you course you have an alt with more than 37 minutes in the Liberator and at least ONE kill with the Tank Buster...
    • Up x 1
  10. Mystogan

Please devs, take a look in my thread where I am making a constructive feedback about planned range reduction (and true reasons behind long-range tanks battles now) and negative impact of upcoming changes for Magriders and my propositions to keep Magrider competetive: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-to-leave-it-competetive.189544/#post-2744330

Any feedback welcomed. And tank you for informing us that you are still discussing everything. I fully agree with all libs nerfs but tank changes have to be more careful to not nerf them further (range reduction is neft) and keep Magie on equal ground with VGs and Prowlers.
  11. Divinorium

Ace pilots should be able to CRUSH ACE crews.

And average should CRUSH average crews and give a fight to Ace crews.

A bad pilot should be able to CRUSH bad crews, give a fight to average crews and a slim chance against Ace crews.

And good to know you didn't answer if the skill it takes to kill a lib to kill a tank is the same it takes from a ESF to kill a lib.

At least you aren't THAT blind/hypocrite.

Yeah because no one is forced to have teamwork to survive against a liberator.
    Ignore these 4 HA using Lock on, the eng in the AA turret and the 6 tanks shooting at the sky trying to get you.
    I'M NOT USING TEAMWORK!

Yeah, So you are saying to me that my team shooting at you, with all they have trying to stop you, and miserably failing isn't teamwork?

Interesting point of view. Brb i'm going to laugh.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alphie_SN

Yeah, that's true. I can't count how many times a squad of 12+: 2 AA maxes, 2 skyguards and the rest HA have unloaded on a lib that was hovering over a spawn point. It kills each skyguard within a couple of seconds, dumps on the spawn point at its leisure and retires when it starts to smoke. We're all working together to take it down, but the fact is, there is nothing you can do from the ground against a lib without suffering terrible losses. They don't even flinch. If the ground forces have double the numbers, it doesn't matter it would just make them not linger as long before retiring to repair. Then there is always that second or third lib shows up and your done. The only way to get rid of them entirely, is to have ESF. If you don't have friendly ESF in the area and the libs come calling, check mate, your screwed.

There have been some really good battles ruined by one liberator. I've seen one destroy an entire tank column with skyguards as support, three sunderers and kill countless infantry without breaking a sweat.

Doesn't matter how many certs you put into your skyguard, AAA max or HA. Doesn't matter there is 12+ people trying to take out 3 in one vehicle. For some reason, SOE gives the liberator a free pass to be the best vehicle in the game.

With all that being said. I still think the nerf to the liberator as described in the first post is going a bit too far. Tone down the shredder and tank buster. Make the skyguard and burster max more effective against it and I think that would solve a lot of the problems. I like the idea of slowing down that belly flop they do too. Its so silly to see these aircraft flying sideways all over the place just so they can put all their guns on the ESF that should be their preditor or to escape rockets being fired at them from the ground.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dreadnaut

If 3 of you can't kill my Liberator, you're not using teamwork. You're a bunch of chickens running around with your heads cut off.
    • Up x 1
  14. Alphie_SN

You want to keep your easy button. We all get that. You can stop posting now.
    • Up x 1
  15. Divinorium

3 Tanks can't kill a liberator.
    3 AA Maxes Can't kiill a liberator.

The best they can do is scare him away.

PS: if there's only tanks in the base they CAN'T DO ANY DAMAGE to liberator. Even if there's 10 of them.
    All the liberator need to do is hover over their line of sight.

"If there's skyguard..."
    Skyguard is a AA and only works if there's at least 2 of them. in 1x1 the liberator can kill the skyguard. And i'm not even talking of tankbuster here.
    In 2x1 the liberator can kill one skyguard, leave, repair and come back to the other.

Liberators Crush anything in the game. The only thing it doesn't crush is numbers.
    • Up x 2
  16. Dreadnaut

You're either lying or terribly bad at the game, or both.

When I, and 2 of my buddies can do it, and your 12 can't...there's a problem there.

That post is 100% lies, heresay, conjecture, and falsities.
    • Up x 4
  17. Divinorium

Using what 2 of your bodies can do it?
  18. Dreadnaut

You have 1 hour and 3 min in a Liberator with ONE vehicle kill.

Tell us all again how easy it is to use the Tank Buster and kill tanks in PS2 in combat.
    • Up x 1
  19. Dreadnaut

• 3 Bursters
    • 2 Bursters and 1 HA with G2A Lock-Ons
    • 1 Burster, 1 HA with G2A Lock-Ons, 1 AA Turret
    • 3 HA w/ G2A Lock-Ons
    • 3 AA turrets
    • 3 Skyguards
    • 2 Skyguards and 1 repair Sunderer w/ Basilisk or a Ranger
    • 3 ESF's
    • 2 ESF's and 1 Liberator
    • 1 ESF and 1 Liberator with 2 crew
    • 1 ESF and 2 Liberators
    I can keep going...
    • Up x 1
  20. Alphie_SN

There no use arguing with him Divinorium. He has over 13 million points and almost 9k kills in the liberator. Its his most preferred ride so you know where his bias lies. I honestly think my idea of fixing the liberator is a lot less than the nerf hammer suggested by SOE. The problem is, he doesn't want it touched it all and being human myself I can understand that. But SOE has the data. This thread wouldn't exist unless they had the data to back up that there is a serious issue with the lib. Which means he is just arguing for SOE to not touch the liberator at all for selfish reasons.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.