Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Noxxys

Welcome to the planet of flying tanks and warping people.

The EU servers are incredibly laggy. This is totally unplayable:
    Test of opening an equipment console at the warpgate (but the lag is the same everywhere):
    Miller (EU, high population): 6 seconds
    Lithcorp (EU, medium population): 8 seconds
    Soltech (US east, medium population): about 200 milliseconds

I'm in Ireland on a 30 Mbps cable connection, most of my outfit is located in France/Belgium/etc. and we are all experiencing the same issue. No exception.

I really hope you can fix this within a week, SOE.
  2. welshbloke

East of England - Miller - SOE account- Totally unplayable lag even when my FPS are OK.

I'm happy and looking forward to spending some cash on this game but not till its sorted out (This is why I didnt spend any before launch)

Play experience is a lot better if I connect to the USA servers (apart from the Americans ;) )
  3. Antix

This has been a class in how to ruin a launch 101
  4. Kediec

There are no seperate ProSieben EU servers , they are all the same server . Besides , it really doesn't matter if ProSieben or SOE host them , my account is with SOE and that is who is responsible for giving me ingame support , i simply can not log into ProSeiben and put in a support ticket .

I'm aware it will be fixed and takes time , i was pointing out that ProSieben aren't responsible for givng me account support with any game related problems .
  5. Noxxys

+1. I will not contact PSS as I'm an SOE customer. So it's SOE's responsibility to fix it.
  6. Maniaboo

miller 15 mins ago. went and played on us east and it wasnt much better to be honest.

7. Intrinsic

Looks like they've taken Miller down for maintenance, dunno for how long it just kicked us off at 18:00 and then showed as unavailable.
  8. Roumatha

I have one question ? what is the difference between beta servers and those from release ? we already had great battle on beta, get back to those servers and it is done. At least you can Continue to work on the release's servers and make them on once it works ! At least you won't lose players
  9. akalonian

pretty sure every single beta player said this game was not ready for launch... but lets put that aside for now.
    eu servers are in a state of suck right now
  10. woowoo

All EU servers are awfully laggy regardless of population, we have no choice but to go on US East servers and say byebye to our SCs.
  11. Ch3v4l13r

12. Kriga

yep, confirmed unplayable. everyone is warping around, walking in the air, no hit markers.
  13. rastlaff

I'm playing on Miller (EU server actually). Correcting : I'm not playing because it's unplayable. Since yesterday. I've got the alpha pack and i'm a premium member.

Well Well Well ... just a few tips :

I logged on my character, went out the warp gate with a sunderer as pilot and then the game crashed. I could hit the launch button to join again my team with NO DELAY but i couldn't enter my vehicle because i was still driving it ! Woa a clone of myself ... so i decided to log off and relog for a 3rd try. That time, i saw myself driving, being at the tourret and outside the vehicle. All of that was done with : i repeat NO DELAY (logging in/out). I must be stupid because i can't understand what's happening ...

ProSieben Games : non-professional ?
  14. Silvertemplar

• Up x 1
  15. reaper15392

know that feeling mate tried playing on the lithcorp server had a guy running towards me looked and shoot and he was 2m left of me when i died a second later ..? Da faq
  16. Noxxys

The beta servers were probably deployed by SOE directly, even in Europe.
    It seems that something went wrong when Prosieben did the same.

It might be a routing or configuration issue, and I don't think it comes from the dev's netcode. So I'm not too concerned that it will be resolved, what concerns me is the amount of time it will take. I hope the communication between SOE and PSS is smooth.
  17. Bosjem

Again, Prosieben doesn't owns and runs the servers. SOE does.
  18. Hurz

All servers are run bei SOE ... Twist post about it has been quoted more than once here allready.
  19. wtfhax

20. Baleur

No, it's still unplayable on Miller.
    It literally runs at 4fps now after the 2 hotfixes. Idk if it is due to those or due to the server. But it's still unplayable.
    Was never like this in beta.