Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Strongback

The game is unplayable on EU servers.
    Infantry AND vehicles warping around like crazy.

This situation needs to be fixed and quick.
    The game is in worse state right now that I ever recall it being in beta.
    • Up x 1
  2. Goattrails

Havent you heard, your router runs so much better with double powersupplies.
    • Up x 3
  3. Baleur

I just feel sad thinking about the new players that see this going on, then instantly (understandably) jumping to the conclusion that the entire game is a big fail because it can't handle the player number they advertised.

That's the danger if this isn't fixed ASAP.
    New players will just uninstall it and laugh at how broken it is. They'll never know that it does in fact work relatively well with thousands of players, USUALLY. They'll never know that, because they won't put up with this warping nonsense for more than a few minutes.

I know from my own experience, if i try a new game and it has THIS bad lag issues, they never get fully resolved, it means the games netcode itself is borked and will never improve to playable levels.
    This game is of course the exception, since US servers dont seem to have this problem and it was never like this in beta even on full servers. So we know it CAN work, but the point is that new players DON'T know this.
  4. Deci

There are no quick fix for this, or we would have got one by know. My money is still on that they still dont have a clue whats causing it and they dont know what to do, and that rules out the quick fix

Exacly. The only reason I stay is becouse I know its good. I know its fun. But the new people dont.
  5. Goattrails

It seems most of all that those prosieben guys running miller thought "hey, lets save some money, lets save it on server bandwidth, it can't possibly go wrong".
  6. Hurz

The P7 services are the account services, not the gameserver them selfs. As mentioned above, SOE clearly said, that they run the servers (all servers). And this post by him was one of the first when he may still have thought it is a connection problem from the client to the server. If you read the following 10 to 20 posts by him and the other SOE, you will see, that they (SOE) are investigating the server-problem. And the posts from Twist are much later, including:

"We are looking into the reports on this - we have checked ourselves (yes, including Miller) ..."

followed by the answer

"We (SOE) run the servers."

to the question who is providing the servers/connecntion.

SOE is (no matter what you may think - you are wring) running the servers and hosting them in some datacenter somewhere in the EU. There may be a problem involving P7 (e.g. the account servers, etc.) and maybe (Twist said so in a post) not a server-problem but a network/peering problem.*

*If i see the large different number of ISPs, countries, ... of affected players, i doubt that it is a "simple" peering/networking problem, even more if i take the Woodman server into the count, as it seems that server is not affected by the lag problem. And i doubt that SOE hosts two servers in different datacenters ...
  7. SharpeShooter

I simply cant play this ******* game! Its sooo bloody laggy! I seen 10 tanks just explode infront of me for no reason things are flying that should not be flying the screen is flashing! You should put a health warning on this game! MAY GIVE YOU EPILEPSY! Sort this **** out! I have the 7 day 50% xp boost and I cant bloody use it!

Im on Miller btw -_-
  8. Ðeadite

Yeah don't be put off guys this game actually works really well when there isn't a problem even in the huge battles. I just hope enough players stick around long enough to find that out.
  9. Hurz

If there was a character-transfer-option to any other server (i would even take US-west cost or Aussie server), i would do it right away. But loosing my BR, certs, station cash is not an option ... so i have to stick around and have to wait what (or if) something happens.
  10. Bosjem

I've just played a bit and even if we are still far from peak hours and the server (Miller of course) is not full the warpfest has already begun. Even in small/medium fights the amount of lag in unbearable.
  11. Baleur

This is funny, i just logged in and there are NO queues, but the game now runs at around 4fps (sluggishly, not choppily, if you know what i mean). Even in the login screen (when rotating the character). Massive input lag, in the 1-2 seconds. Client input lag, before the actual server latency comes into play.
    When logging in i am apparently "Exterminator Invalid Name"

What the hell is going on? It keeps getting worse. At least before we could faff around the warpgate with the lag, now there's bad framerate as well? Never happened in beta for me, ever. None of these issues.

And how come there are no queues now?
    Are you crazy? If anything you should have INCREASED the queues, as in imposing STRICTER player population limits until the situation is resolved.

Just remove the damn server and open a new one, call it Miller as well, give it the same ip, and transfer over the mapdata and characterdata from this obviously broken server. Do something, anything. Please.
    The CEO stated that there were 20'ish servers ready to go. For fudges sake use one of them as a backup while the Miller server hardware/software issues are being fixed.
  12. driver

LOL, the US servers for me are lagging less then the EU ones. Hope the issue with this EU server lag will be resolved soon :)
  13. Bosjem

I know that the game runs well (at least the same way as it did during the last phase of beta). The problem is that i can play just fine on Connery (west coast US server, almost on the other side of the world from where i live - Italy) while Miller is a complete warpfest (which i randomly choose the launch day evening among the 2 that were available. Probably i should have waited to spend my 4000 SC from Alpha Squad :cool:
  14. Morrow

Something better happen or I will be ringing my bank and getting all the recent payments to SOE charged back. Its a complete joke, day 3 still unplayable on Miller. How can this happen did SoE expect no one to play this game or something because they didn't have anywhere near the required servers/resources to run this game successfully from day 1.

Get your wallets out SoE you cheap ***** and buy some more powerful Servers! let people transfer their characters and belongings to another server for FREE if they want to. The longer you let this unplayable lag ruin your game the less money you will make in the long run.

I know I am european scumbag as far as your concerned but I am a paying customer, sort the EU servers out with some of the juice you use for the USA ones otherwise I feel most EU players will be jacking this **** in a few weeks.
  15. Pelik

I would do the same...
    All this server lag, warping and stuff make me remind of this game that was called Earthrise (launch, fail and death....)

Tough I know that SoE is not a cheap companie like mastehead but I never heard of Pro7 before...

So now I go play on Us east, cause there I have a bad ping but I don't see ppl warping everywhere
  16. Roumatha

we can't admit to lose all those SC Point already spent on Miller !
    we can't admit to see our outfit/community destroyed because of players unhappy of our choice of miller and leaving to other servers, and as a conclusion leaving our community.
    we can't admit that those players we tried to convince to join the planetside adventure by videos, internet promotions etc....that those players laughed at us in front of such a failure ! Some of them trusted us and took premium account as we advised them, some even already spent money to buy SC point ! to discover now that those SC point are lost if they leave a server which is just unplayable.
    we can't admit that the release is worse than beta !
    we can't admit that such a company as SoE is not able to bring server working well for something they planned and worked for so long !
    Remember the beta, remember how reactive you were, remember this dream of planetside 2. You made it and we followed you !
    Now assume this dream and make it come true !
    Either you can solve the problem, either you say to everyone who spent money that this money and SC point won't be lost. For instance, give yourself an ETA and tell us that after the ETA if the problem is not solve you will able transfer for all miller characters to other working server without any loss of the SC point they spent !

We can't admit that you say it's a failure on our side, due to our connection, due to our computer !
    We can't admit that you say everything is ok when you log on, because it is not !!! more than 80% of the players are experiencing this awful lag !

Am i Hangry ? of course, because this game worked fine, this game is huge, this game is part of our dream since you spoke of it and we can't admit new players think it is not !

So move on ! and communicate ! Yes You can......... And yes we can......make this game something Huge !
    Don't lose the guys that will make you earn money .....but i'm sure that you are proud enough not to think about money at this moment but think about what problem your baby (game) has !
    • Up x 2
  17. Xelrah

The lag is just beyond unplayable. I tried to play today and got greeted by delay reaching 1 minute (yes, 1 minute delay on everything).
  18. irewolf

Cool thanks for the info :)

Still boils down to the fact that prosieben are awful when it comes to computer games
  19. Bosjem

If you want a fun/sad gameplay session, create a character on an US server and have fun (without you SC probably) :cool:
  20. Nocturon

This in an absolute disgrace! A lot of people played money for this game and NOBODY (on Miller) can play it. i have loads of friends who all bought the alpha squad and none of us have managed to play for more than 2 minutes!

We pay money for a game that would be at least playable (as it was in beta). but you give us something that does not work, period. what you are doing might even be illegal in most European countries.

NEVER EVER am i buying an soe game again. After multiple days the problem is only getting worse, just transfer all the data over to some US server or something so we can atleast play (as those servers actually work). again, the Europeans are getting treated like second rate customers, should have known better than to spend money on this game.