Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Thenlar

Still broken for me too. Took 15 minutes for it to happen the first time. Quit out and restarted the client and it lasted an hour before happening again. I forgot about in-game bug reports. I'll chuck one up every time it keeps happening from now on.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shockles

Finally took a short clip showing how my gun does no damage to friendlies or enemies.
    • Up x 1
  3. treemaster

If you SOE guys are ever sitting around a table wondering why your active players are down, or not growing as much as expected, remember me. Every week or so I login or check the forums to see if the game is playable yet (it still isn't). I've been having issues like this on and off since update 1.

My internet connection has been upgraded, cores have been un- (and re-) parked, new graphics card purchased, 3rd party graphics tweakers installed and removed, .ini files edited, aero disabled, full game uninstalled/reinstalled, the list goes on so much further it is almost embarrassing to me that I would try so much to make your game work. So I will stop there...

Something to consider, since I know I'm not the only one.

i7 920
    6gb DDR3
    GTX 660
    win7 64
  4. Swoosh

I been reporting this very frustrating bug since the weekend patch that's causing everyone headaches. I even called SOE to let them know and the nice gentleman on the phone told me it could be my connection. I know is not since it was working before the weekend patch but he also said their working on a big patch. I hope it will fix this frustrating bug. I been playing PS2 for 2 weeks now and I like it so much I was even going to become a member not anymore. If I have to log in and out every 10 min unfortunately I will have to stop playing.
  5. TinyOzora

Still experiencing the no damage bug. Confirming that it is not tied to location or modem. Tried on multiple connections.

1. Who is your ISP? - AU by KDDI (Japanese Internet Service)
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? - WIMAX DATA08W
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? - Wireless
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? - WIMAX LTE 4G
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? - None
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? - Through a Wireless network
    7. Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? - No connection sharing. Private Connection.
    8. Router/hub/switch? - No
    8a. What kind? - N/A
    9. Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? - N/A
    9a. What was the result? - n/a
    10. Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? - Hotel
  6. LibertyRevolution

2 comps here, 1 no issues still, the other one is completely borked after 10mins of playtime.

Out of frustration I wired the borken computer here directly to the modem, it still stops doing damage about 10mins in..
    It is not my router.

Changing continents fixes the bug for 5-10mins.. then no damage.
    Makes me think its server side.
    It is losing my location, switching continents forces the server to know my location.

Then its fine for a few mins, then the server becomes unsure of my location and I get no hits.
    When others look at me on the minimap, I look like I'm in more than one place, I bounce around.
    My repair gun still works 100% the time, I can spot people, but my bullets are all blanks.

Please fix this... it was fine playing together until update 2.

I have run the file verify on the launcher, checks as 100% good..
    I am going to re-install the game completely on that computer next..
    I have tried EVERYTHING else.

This is not an intel, amd, nvidia, ati, or OS issues specific issue, its across the board, all manufactures.
    It MUST be your end.

I have one pc working no issues, 1 with this bug, what can I do to help you trouble shoot?
    Would it help if I recorded it from both views so you can see?
    I can shoot me point blank with the other computer and the bullets go right though me into the wall like I am not there..
    But I can shoot her no problem, just like she is standing point blank in front of me.
  7. Shockles

I went ahead and created a twitter account and tweeted @mhigby and to the new #ps2fixit thing that he created. I suggest you all do the same so we can go back to playing PS2! This is getting ridiculous!
  8. LibertyRevolution

UPDATE:

OK, AMD x2 555, 4GB DDR2, Asus mobo.

Even if your running stock clocks, try this!!!

My CPU was set on "auto" before in my bios, which is also stock clock speed, 16x, 200fsb, 3200mhz.
    Auto everything in the bios, like any normal user.

Instead I manually set my cpu multiplier to 16, bus to 200 in bios, matching my cpu stock speed settings.

Now that it is manually set, I have gone 40 mins and counting without the bug.
    Before I would get only 10mins then shoot blanks.

So... um.. yeah?

I want to also note that I re-enabled AMD cool & quiet. I had disabled before as I run my fans using asus mobo software.
    Just tossing this out there because it is the only other change made.

The other PC I have, that did not have this glitch, happens to have forced clock speeds set in bios, so no wonder it wasn't effected..

It is like when the CPU changed frequency, window 7, the server losses where the player is.
    Forcing it to never downclock seems to be a workaround.

Also, make sure your windows 7 is set to "High Performance" under power options.
    Power saver and balanced can also downclock your cpu.
  9. Shockles

Well the thing is, it has nothing to do with the client side. PS2 was perfectly fine and playable for me before GU2 and the hot fixes that followed. Whatever they did broke many many things, I think by now they are aware of this game breaking bug. Now we just have to wait forever until they decide to fix it.
  10. Lucidius134

Bump, guns are now doing no damage for me. Never had these issues until this hotfix.
  11. Betaplayer

You might want to look at this thread - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...s-the-other-problems-flying-everywhere.87669/

About ten pages in, we start going for the clock freq. turning boost off and tinkering with manual clock settings.

Your issue (no damage dealing) is also reposted as one of the artifact of this "issue" though could be unrelated. As you read through the thread you can see that I tried the router-thing (opening ports) to no avail since that only has issue with SIP (which is what in game voice uses.)

Try to enter BIOS, turn of CPU Boost. Different names for intel and amd versions as well as different ways to turn it on/off depending on your bios.

Also: Do not do this unless you are 100 % sure you know what it does and how you might break your system doing stuff randomly. If unsure, dont do it and wait for an SoE fix.
  12. MoeBeddaCheese

13. Shockles

It has nothing to do with our computers or our settings. The bug happens regardless of what you do to try and fix it. I will say this again, this bug has only started to happen after the GU2(Game update 2) and the following hotfixes. Previous to the newest update and hotfixes the game ran perfectly fine. This is a bug stemming from the newest update. No amount of changing settings client side is going to fix it. SOE needs to fix it on their side so that everyone that gets this bug is able to play the game again.
  14. rondertaker

this just happened to me. so annoying.
  15. SpectralBlaze

We started a post on this yesterday. Please everyone message MHigby on Twitter so we can get this addressed or at least acknowledged by him (include #ps2fixit so it will fall on his bug report)

Link is: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-bug-hits-not-registering.90009/

I am almost certain this is not a user end problem, and I've been reporting it with many others since GU02 dropped . Yet again it surprises me how long it takes to garner someones attention for critical issues. I understand that there are tons of issues, but if you cant shoot people in a FPS game thats a fairly big problem. Regardless here is the info:

1. Who is your ISP? - Time Warner
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? - WIMAX DATA08W
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? - Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? - Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? - No
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? - Directly connected to the modem
    7. Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? - No connection sharing. Only item on the network
    8. Router/hub/switch? - No
    8a. What kind? - N/A
    9. Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? - N/A
    9a. What was the result? - n/a
    10. Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? - home

For clarification the issue starts randomly after 10-15 min of game play. You shoot, and you see and hear the impact (body movement and little impact animation) but no hit markers show, meanwhile they can shoot you all day. You are basically instantly reduced to a medic tool etc based on class. The only ways I have found to remedy this is to change continent or disconnect and reconnect.
  16. Galantis

Reading between lines

1. Not our fault maybe it's ISP fault
    2. Not our fault maybe modem/router fault
    3. Not our fault maybe it's type of connection
    4 Not our fault maybe it's type of connector
    5 not our fault maybe it's your fault for playing with your connection
    6 it's not our fault it's it might because your in a network

This is going to be mean but I'm tired of the stupidity. Why are you posting asking question about stuff you know nothing about that you read off a list?

All those question are for connectivity ...hmmm I TRACERT server 35ms ALL my other games programs work fine hmmm, NEVER EVER SEEN LAG DO THIS EVER IN 14 YEARS ONLINE even with dial up hmm.

Seriously fix your game.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dnar99

I also have problems with being point blank range and not being able to do damage. Also, my lock on launcher is back to doing NO damage. Also, I have never had these problems before the patch.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Guys, if your shooting blanks, and you know how to work bios, and you know your CPU stock speeds, try the workaround from the "everything is warping around thread".

My CPU was set on "auto" before in my bios, which is default and stock clock speed.
    Auto everything in the bios, like any normal user.

Instead I manually set my cpu multiplier, and FSB, matching my cpu stock speed settings.

Now that it is manually set, I had a 6 hour session time last night without seeing the issue again.
    Before I would get only 10mins then shoot blanks and have to restart.

I tried everything else, nothing worked, this did.
    ASUS mobo, AMD x2 555, 4GB ram

This is not advice for the newb, please don't screw with bios unless you know what your doing, just wait for a patch.
  19. Nichivo

I have gotten this bug while sniping, while in an AA max, while in a tank. doesn't seem to be limited to any certain thing. Sometimes it's after a few minutes, other times after a few hours. It's very annoying though. Never noticed it before gu2 and all these hot fixes.

On a side note I still can't resupply med kits.
  20. redsteven

I had this happen for the first time to me today. I was playing for a about 3 hours without issue and then suddenly.... I can't do damage to anybody. Whether I'm on foot or in a vehicle, my shots don't do damage and I don't get the hit confirmation indicator.

I assume it will work fine when I log in tomorrow, but after I kept dying I just logged off for the night.