Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. NC_agent00kevin

1. Who is your ISP? Brighthouse Networks, 10mbps connection
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? Netgear WNR3500 / Modem RCA DCM315R Digital Broadband
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? No
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)?Home network, shared, (priority traffic given to my PC via Router Settings) no one watching videos etc, connecting from home. Have not tried connecting directly to modem.

I have the same issue. Members of my outfit have also experienced this, many of us at the same time. I can hear the hit 'splat' sound but no hit indicator or damage done. Also lit up a Lib with Breaker Rockets and a Mustang AH tonight, kamikaze'd him and he had full health on the Lib still.
  2. 42and19

For those of you saying that this is an overclocking issue I would just like to point out that some of us that HAVEN'T overclocked our CPUs or GPUs are having this issue and I am sure as hell not going to underclock my machine just to play one game just because SOE screwed things up server-side.

This problem IS NOT related to overclocking. The problem is something server-side that causes desynchs with the client. Underclocking may fix it but if you don't know what you are doing or if you happen to play other games this is not a good option.

It's also a tad bit irritating that it took at least three threads before we finally got a response from a staff member. This is a game crippling problem.

Anyway, in order to somehow assist with the bugfix here is my info.

ISP: Comcast
    Modem: Arris TMT22
    Router: Linksys E1000
    Connection type: Wired Cable
    5) No
    6) Considering that I haven't changed any setting on my router or modem in several months nor has my internet usage changed much in that time the answer to this question is irrelevant. This bug started with the new patch. I have not made any changes to my router, firewall, modem, internet use or policy, connections, network sharing or any other thing even remotely related in several months. That would very strongly point to new code added client or server side during GU2 and not something with my connection. I am not having issues with any other games or any other type of internet use. In every other operation imaginable my computer and network function as normal. It is JUST this game since the patch.

The actual Issue:

I figure I should describe exactly what has been happening to me. As far as I am aware at this point I am the only person in my outfit (of about 8 people) that has been having this problem. I will start the game, spawn in, and be able to play normally for about 15-20 minutes and be able to damage players. I typically run with a medic with a sweeper and rebel. At some point, due to a trigger I have not yet figured out, I cease to be able to deal damage. My character does not warp about the map and neither do any other players in my view. For all outward appearances the game is still functioning as normal. I don't notice that the bug has happened until I attempt to shoot at something; either a player or terminal or something. If I shoot at a player while this bug is active the player will stagger on my screen, there will be the sound accompanied with hitting a player with a shot but there will be no hit indicator on my reticle . If I happen to be firing at a friendly (something I tested extensively with my outfit after first finding this bug) I do not get the friendly fire warning. About 50% of the time my bullets will also create glowing rings on the player. These rings can be seem by the other player.

The only things that seem to work for me are the medic gun and the knife. This seems to suggest that the server thinks that I am either stand in a slightly different spot or I am aiming just off from the player since both the knife and the medic gun auto hit anything in the field of view in range. Again, a desynch issue. The only thing that seems to fix this for me is re-logging and then only for about 15-20 minutes. I haven't tried switching continents yet but I have no real desire to try at this moment. My fear for being reported for hacking is......palpable.

I really hope that this gets fixed soon, I rather enjoy this game and would like to get back to playing. Plus, my membership is sitting there being wasted.
  3. BazingaTIme

Game is still broke for me. I can play fine for about 10-20 mins then I can't dish out any damage no matter what class, weapon, or vehicle I am in. I can still receive damage though which is real fun. This has been going on for a week now and its still not fixed? It's kind of pointless to play a FPS game that I can't do damage in. It's also kind of pointless to pay for a monthly premium membership
    in any game that is unplayable.
  4. Shockles

So I finally got a response from Higby on this issue, he says:

So this means they have absolutely no idea how they broke the game for tons of people, pretty awesome huh?
  5. gobbybobby

Hello, I also get this bug, But only after about 2 hours of play. Restarting fixs it.

My ISP is Virgin Media
    60 meg Fiber package
    Wireless to router ISP supplied us with. (can't remember what its called)
    doesn't matter if people in house using net or not, it happens after 2-3 hours of play,.
    Router is downstairs, but have LAN ports in every room which go through a Switch hub on the landing, this is student home, they fitted that presumably before wireless became mainstream norm. I actually find connection speed is slower using that as the switch hub is quite old.

Do not have issues playing other Online MP games.
  6. Bluebullet

I envy you guys I almost never get more than 3 minutes so it is completely unplayable.

[quote"]We're working on fixing that, haven't found the fix yet. We're not holding up these other fixes until we do.[/quote]--Any chance at all I will get the time credited to my account since this happened within days of me subscribing for a year? That being said after I had first been on vacation the 2nd half of December and first week of January then spent next 3 weeks dealing with then replacing a dying hard-drive so can finally play buy a 12 month sub get 3 days in playing then patch 2/2/2013 tells me to f off.-
  7. 42and19

I'm glad we are finally getting a response from SOE on this bug. For a while it seemed like they were ignoring it.
  8. Shockles

Yeah well they still don't know how to fix this or the stuttering or FPS bug. So keep bumping this!
  9. Bluebullet

10. Bluebullet

NEEDS MORE POSTS.
  11. Carcosa

1. Who is your ISP? Eastlink
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? Home
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? DSL (I think, not currently at home)
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? Nope
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)?
    I am connecting via home network, via wire. This is over a modem. I am connecting from home.
    I'd like to say that it takes 5-10 minutes before it happens to me. It takes around an hour of off game time before I can come back in and play another 5-10 minutes.
  12. Ruxxis

Occasionally, when I shoot enemy aircraft from my skyguard, there is no damage.
    95%+ aircraft receive damage, but with a few aircraft, there is no red X, even though I see a firey explosion.
    Today, an enemy Liberator flew low past me, and landed not far from my skyguard.
    I shot it both while it flew overhead and also after it landed.
    Maybe only 50% of shots showed a red X, even though I could see the red fire explosions on the Libertator hull.
    A burst of bullets might all do damage, and the next burst might all do no damage.
    After it landed, I drove very close to the liberator and continued to shoot it.
    Still sometimes, no red X. No way I was missing at point blank range.
  13. ChampagneDragon

Played last night. Deep (1-2 hrs?) I came up behind a TR, unloaded into him. I don't think he ever even noticed me. I was leading a platoon at the time, so I took cover while I tested, and nope, no damage dealt to friendlies either. Waited for a replacement leader for about 10 minutes, but suddenly my gun was working again. No respawn, no restart. Just worked. About an hour later I had a 10-15 minute period of the same thing. Neither time did I restart, although I did respawn. Glitch was still there. Resolved on it's own.

1. Who is your ISP? WoW
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? Check Point Edge, which I have wide open for that computer.
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? Nope, Nada. Zero
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Use the Check Point Edge as a router. Two users, three computers on it. Gaming computer is strictly gaming, and when it's on one other computer is not. There is only one of us playing PS2 at any one time.
    7.Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? No. It was noticed IMMEDIATELY after the recent hotfix. The network technician in me said knew it was a direct result of the hotfix. It appears to be a server side issue, where the server is dropping packets for some reason, probably overload.
    8.Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? Home

This was a non-issue immediately prior to the hotfix, and a severe issue immediately following the hotfix. Attempting to point the finger elsewhere isn't going to solve anything. I understand you are looking for the constants here, but the simple truth is there is only ONE constant; the hotfix. The hotfix improved lag issues, but what did you have to drop to get that performance increase?

In all honesty, if I didn't have a full platoon depending on me I would have turned off the game and come back when I saw that it had been resolved. It's hard to play a FPS when you don't know if you're going to actually be able to shoot people or not.
  14. Asimplicity

Same here, I don't even think I'd mind if I didn't take damage either..but running around not being able to hurt anything when they can just shoot you 2 or 3 times is pointless. This is with weapons I bought too....tell me that isn't a rip-off.
  15. Doomrabbit

Ran into this last night. I feel really bad now b/c I flamed a couple of people in yell and reported them both, convinced they were cheating. Turns out the game is bugged. Sniping near TI as inf, everything was working fine for about 3 hours, then suddenly no damage on headshots and bodyshots. The players I shot flashed white, like the repair effect, and I could see them recoil as if the hit registered, but they took no damage (headshots didn't kill them). I shot one guy in the head 5 or 6 times before he chased me down and killed me. I redeployed elsewhere (still thinking they were cheating) and in the new area I couldn't hurt anyone either (shot a couple of people with my pistol, same effect before they killed me). At that point I logged out (didn't restart client, just went to character select screen), logged back in, and was able to damage again. Didn't try other classes before logging out.

This reminds me somewhat of the bugged jetpack issue, only with weapon damage instead of jetpacks not working. I wonder if they're somehow related. This really does need urgent attention.
  16. Shockles

Any news about this bug? It's been almost two weeks now and I still can't even play the game due to this bug.
  17. Goodnight

yeah i get this too usually just switching weapons and firing a few shots fixes it. Had it happen to my reaver's main and second gun at the same time. That really pissed me off... since the usual method wouldn't fix it
  18. Doomrabbit

bump, ran into another player last night who said he'd had this happen. He too accused players of cheating when it was actually this bug. Some attention please.
  19. Shockles

So they really haven't fixed this yet? Three weeks now and NO feedback from the DEVs. Absolutely unacceptable, I won't be coming back to play this game if they even do get around to fixing all the stuff they broke. They continue to release new weapons, helmets, armor, etc. But yet they can't fix the bugs that plague many people from even being able to play the game. Talk about failure, but then again it is a free to play game, so we should expect this kind of negligence from SOE.
  20. Navoletti

BUMP FIX THIS