Unable to do any damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shockles, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Civilunit

Same here, i have not been able to play a good game of planet side in awhile. I get basicly the same problem as the person on the youtube video, heavy stuttering and ghosting and unable to actually damage anything. however, I CAN ram things with vehicles and do damage.

It's not 100% consistance either, sometimes i'll log in and it will work for a bit but then i do i change continents and it flubs up again.

1. Who is your ISP? comcast
    2. Make and model of the modem and router (home/school/office)? no idea
    3. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wired
    4. DSL, Cable or Fiber? Cable
    5. Have you made any recent changes to your connection to the Internet? No
    6. How are you connecting to the Internet? Do you do any connection sharing or use a home network? Router/hub/switch? What kind? Have your tried bypassing them just for troubleshooting? What was the result? Where are you connecting from(home/school/office)? Fine, I play online games all the time and PS2 is the only one with issues. Tried direct connect, no change, made primary computer the DMZ.

I have a second less powerful computer that also does not have this problem. this only occurred since the update and hotfix. it might have something to do with the system clock setting or motherboard boost which explains why the other pc is fine. but even if it is...i'm not changing my bios settings for this game. so whatever SOE changed...they need to fix it.

We might be able to tell them, if they bothered to bloody tell us what the hotfixes did. but they don't.
    This happened in PS1, anti-cheating/networking fix...buggered the game for months. looks like SOE is at it again. Ruining online games since 2003.
  2. Stinger169

Even though I'm not really adding any additional info about the issue I figure I should put my name on the list of people who are paying for a game we can't play. The $60ish in SC that I have bought has almost all gone to guns that don't work.

Previously I have had this issue happen only once every 2 or 3 days. Today I can't play for more than 5-10 minutes until my 4 deaths to the same guy make me realize that my guns just aren't doing damage. Shooting rockets at my feet don't hurt me, nor does tossing a grenade at them.

I verified my steam cache and it said that 271 files needed to be re-downloaded. So now I'm re-downloading pretty much the entire game. Hopefully that fixes it, but I'm sure people are having this issue on the non-steam version also. Would love to see at the least an official CS response on this thread giving us a status report on the progress of finding the cause or something.
  3. Navoletti

please SOE fix this much people have this bug.
  4. Stinger169

Just to update my post, the steam verification didn't work. I also used the launchpad verification tool and that didn't work either.
  5. Playbizzle

Had this same problem for the past week occasionally, but today since the server merge it is happening all day long. No damage, restart, 10 min, No damage, restart, 10 min... Atleast 7 times today alone. First time posting in the forums for me i never post in forums but this is a serious problem that I hope will be fixed soon.
    • Up x 1
  6. Uncle_Lou

Add another name to the list of folks seeing the no damage bug. Everything was fine until the merger patch for me though.

Guess I'll go play a game that works.
  7. PEETREE

Add me to the list as well. Been happening intermittently all day but tonight the lag has been horrible and my bullets are doing absolutely no damage.

Nice QA SOE
  8. Playbizzle

I would like to know why customer service only responded once and has said nothing since? Can you inform us to what is going on. Is this bug even being worked on?
  9. Playbizzle

Thanks![/quote]

What is being done about this? This is not on our end! Playbizzle/Waterson/BR 75
  10. PEETREE

I'm basically unable to log in to matherson currently. I launch in to an empty warpgate where I can't interact with anything, then my game crashes.
  11. Lessonteacher

Yeah this issue is major rage quit material... Where is the official response to this insane issue. If ever there was a game breaker for an FPS this has to be it... lol weapons not doing damage. Its hard to actually be clear when weapons are even doing the correct damage lately let alone when they completely stop working altogether.
  12. Wolfwood82

I have had the same problem and no I didn't make any changes. This problem has only started after the GU2 patch.

I notice that it degrades over time for me. I'll be shooting people just fine, then I'll notice intermittent gaps where I should be hitting and doing damage but I'm not, eventually followed by zero damage regardless of what I use, vehicle, turret, infantry weapons, grenades, nothing does damage.
  13. geldonyetich

I'm noticing my grenades and claymores don't explode consistently anymore, and I'm not even sure I'm capable of inflicting damage with a Lightning anymore. There's definitely something really screwed up with this merge and/or merge patch.
  14. ItsRain1ng

add my name to the list. Everything worked perfect before the Server Merge patch. Now, 10 min no damage. Restart, 10 min no damage.
  15. Vertabrae

Add me to the list too. /suicide and resapwn seems to fix it for about 10 mins for me
  16. Azzer

My name is new to the list.

Never had this problem before in three months play, since the last patch with the merge and the new "stability optimizations", I am REGULARLY getting my bullets doing no damage at all.

Perhaps 1 shot in every 3 does no damage (using Nova shotgun, which was always a reliable weapon for me before today).
  17. Playbizzle

Every time I spawn a lightning it does no damage at all. Using heat rounds and they don't damage anything from infantry to armor or friendlies nothing at all no damage! This has become a regular thing for me a couple minutes after i start the game this happens. This is the first bug bad enough for me to not be able to play the game. Not because i dont want to it is a great game one of my favorites to play, but because i can not. I invested a lot of money in this game i expect it to be a priority, Thank you.
  18. IRONxPagan

I'm also having this issue. Seems to happen after about 10 to 15 minutes of game play, both with infantry and vehicle weapons. Logging out and then back in seems to reset it, but relogging every 15 min get old quick.
  19. ItsRain1ng

bump for emphasis
  20. tuxdeep

Count me in, this just started happening today. It's really annoying having to kill yourself or re-log every 10 minutes just to be able to play the game again.