Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. NeonNoodle

In my experience there are no easy C4 kills, just easy targets.
  2. Aegie

My tank is expressly designed to be AV and when I play in a tank I seek out vehicles and intentionally shy away from infantry.

In fact, anytime I sink certs into a vehicle I either go full AV or just put a few into it for a scouting role. For me it is just that personally I find it bit lame to use a vehicle power up to mow down basic infantry. I also have a feeling that it may have a tendency to lead to ego and entitlement issues. If you get used to farming and confuse it for skill then you have an expectation for your playtime that, almost by definition, requires a large portion of people to be engaged in an unequal fight.

Of course, this is an easier decision for an NC since there really is no such thing as an AI tank in the way there is for, say, TR.
  3. KoS-1

In the quote you used, where does he mention c-4? It doesn't! He said lock-ons and mana-turrets.

Also, way to go, misrepresenting what he is saying.

Amazing the belittling you do of other opinions. Yet yours is never wrong and is the gold standard.
    • Up x 1
  4. Riku

Hmm, in VR two bricks of c4, applied anywhere on magrider/prowler, blow it up. Is it different in the real world? Can't play currently.
  5. Hatesphere

and i'm sure some of them dont, but to act like C4 is the problem with tank play is insane. tankers will in one breath ask for buffs to tank play, and in another ask for a nerf to one of the few ways to punish bad tank use.

let me remind you this is not real life, this is Auraxis, a world were people no longer fear death due to fighting for years and being rebuilt over and over again by nano machines. why the hell should they quake in fear and run away from you because you are in a box?

these also arent M1-A1s fighting against technology inferior forces, using anti armor tech from the early cold war. its called C4 in game, but that means **** all.

Keep staying just as childish as you say I am.
  6. EliteEskimo

Excuse me, I'm paying over double the cost of your C4 so yes the resource cost argument does hold weight, even if that's not even the main focus of my argument. I've also invested countless thousand certs more into my MBT than you have your C4, and your infantry class has a way to directly counter my tank shell and take a direct hit and survive. Tanks die by many things in this game, the only other thing that Instagibs them from any direction, mines, has a direct counter. C4 does not have a direct counter, it only has a soft counter. Again though my argument right now is C4 should only kill a MBT from behind where a MBT is weak, if you don't want to compromise so be it.

Hey wiseguy, quote where I said infantry should never have "any" AV capabilities. Because if you would take the time to actually read my post in full before making an emotional response, you would see I said they should never have been given AV capabilities that they have now, because they are too strong as they have now. When I say capabilities, I mean the long range short timed lock on launchers and the super long range AV turret. I said infantry have way too much AV killing potential, and I did not say that we should remove all their capabilities. Accurate and high velocity dumbfire rockets combo'd with an AA lock on were a good trade off weapon at the beginning of the game. That's what most people used in the beginning of the game, you know when most people had to aim at tanks, not just look at the area they were in and wait for a green box.

You are mistaken if you don't think I'm interested in combined arms gameplay. Take a read at a few of the threads in my signature before you go calling me a WOT player, which I've never played, because I'm a combined arms gameplay fan. Take BF2142, now that was a great combined arms game.

If you're going to take me stating my K/D out of context you're a jackwagon, I was making the point that not everyone who has a high K/D is an infantry farmer. So many people fly off the handle, make a derp face, and go "HIGH K/D and high infantry kills?!?! All you want to do is farm infantry!!!!!" When in actuality if they would open their dam eyes, shut their mouth, and used the brain God gave them they would realize a few things. Those things are.

1. I play on the front lines alongside other infantry, I help infantry fight other infantry and tanks on the way to the point. Infantry groups can often kill a tank faster than I can, meaning I'll get plenty of assists but not always the kill on the vehicle.

2. Infantry outnumber vehicles in this game by a lot, so if I play alongside infantry for a combined arms experience I'll naturally see a lot more infantry than I do vehicles.

3. If I'm playing on the frontlines, where most tank users die relatively fast, am not rolling with the zerg, and yet am still getting high kill streaks does K/D hold no credibility to what I can do in a tank? I'm not saying my high K/D invalidates other's opinions, just that it means more likely or not given the way I like to play means that I'm decent at tanking. Also that having a high K/D doesn't equate to being a infantry farmer, I fight infantry, I blow up Sunderers, not farm the infantry around them as long as I can like others might do.

Your definition of "infantry farming" is flawed, to kill infantry is not farming them, camping a spawn or a Sunderer is farming. I blow up Sunderers, I don't farm them. I only shell spawn rooms when there is literally nothing better for me to, and once everything around the base is dead and I'm waiting for the base to finish flipping. Maxes are AI, but infantry are also AI in the same regard. If I run around with infantry with Kenetic armor on, and infantry have Flak armor I have a very similar experience regarding explosions from vehicles. If you don't think I can get a similar expereince as infantry while playing as a Max among them I would disagree.

The reason I don't play infantry is playing with stuttering 15-25 FPS doesn't allow me to play very competitively as infantry. Fast TKK roles and low FPS don't mix well. If you think I'm lying so be it, but based on the posts you've seen me make I don't see any reason why you should think I'd lie to you. I've taken the time to make long and well put together posts to you in the past. It's unfortunate we can't have a proper discussion without myself being called a liar.
    • Up x 2
  7. Keiichi25

To be honest, K/D means crap in this game. I use K/D partly as a measure for myself at seeing that I am not mindlessly running at the enemy like a damn lemming and getting lucky at picking off targets.

At the same time, people get me dead because I wasn't lucky enough to evade getting flatfooted. The times I complain about a death are only when I question on the 'ease' of it.

As for the C4 not doing as advertise... I kind of question part of it, cause I have seen people manage to do it with little problem and in some cases, seen people manage to 'chuck' them further than I expect them to. But as far as tanks are concerned, the C4 don't seem to just leave tanks burning, even with 2 bricks... So again, I question it.
  8. Pootisman

Its only a bug, OP obviously hasnt tested his theory.
    Sometimes C4 does no damage. Its in the game for a while now.
  9. Dieter Perras

1) being OHKed by an infantryman is very annoying when you are driving a tank.

2) you would still feel the pain of getting blown up/ run over regardless of how many times you have been "rebuilt".

3) a tank still means a tank a LMG still means an LMG so why does C4 not mean C4?

4) these are futuristic tanks fighting futuristic anti-armor so the field should still be even.