Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Vortok

So tanking just got a bit more mindless. That's a shame.
  2. Jaedrik

Not really, tanks more often die to things other than C4, even in those close range environments that C4 apparently is used in, at least according to its proponents. They still have the same risk vs reward game that they had before in their positioning, they just don't have to worry about being 1 shot by 'easy mode' C4 LAs. Conversely, the people on the tanking side would say that LA actually takes skill (or even better, coordination with another! Gasp!) to kill tanks now, and I really can't trust either of the sides when asking for their assessment, unless they deal away with this "Takes more skill" and "takes less skill" one liners and explaining to me exactly why it takes less or more skill. I have observed generally that tanks being mindful of their surroundings does not often change the outcome of a LA C4 attack. Even if they see it coming I've rarely seen 'em shot out of the sky in time.
  3. deggy

Mine guard and proximity radar go in the same slot.
  4. EliteEskimo

I don't remember you specifically arguing with me in the giant C4 threads, I believe there were 3 big ones in the past if my memory recalls correctly. All 3 were between 20-50 pages, and the one I made was about resource cost of C4 in comparison of the MBT which had its cost boosted to 450 yet C4 only cost 200 to kill it. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/increase-cost-of-c4-asap.134172/

This is an excellent compromise and I very much like the sound of it. With this hitting the MBT in any part of the normal armor is 50% health, however if you get the C4 behind the tank it should Instagib it which makes perfect sense since MBT's have a critical hit area. This is a solid compromise because LA's will still be able to blow up those tunnel vision tankers that just sit still, LA's are being given all the time in the World to C4 them, however it will make for less of the current situation where an LA flying toward you is such a massive instadeath threat. Hopefully then LA's will still be seen as a threat but you won't see them just flying directly at you trying to throw C4 ontop or infront of your tank.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kunavi

Hey hey hey! Easy with the balancing! I started using Harasser to get back to all the "Pros" who abused the #*($& out of it, nerfed. Started using Lib to bomb back those who farmed me 24/7 with random shots flying by, nerfed. Planned to get a UBGL to shut up the SkillTubers, nerfed. Got sick and tired of LOLPodders, got my own, NERFED! Finally gave in and started running LA + C4, to fight back those who have been doing it to me all the while, NERFED THAT NOW?! And even Prowler, I wanted to max out Anchor so MAYBE I could compete with strafing MBTs and GodMode MBTs and it got NERFED. I'm glad I never fell as low as running ZOE to vent some of the rage they caused.

:( :rolleyes: /Sarcasm
  6. Shockwave44

Who cares? One is better than nothing in their case. I don't use either and I've only been killed by C4 once in a tank.
  7. Shockwave44

Then what experience do you have with C4 and tanks?

First of all, you wrote way too much. If your solution takes that much to write, then its the wrong solution.

Second, it sounds like you have it out for the light assaults, not C4. I mean other classes use C4 yet you keep bringing up one class. Without C4, there isn't much left for the LAs to do.

Bottom line is, if you let someone take you out with C4, you were doing something very wrong and got punished for it. End of discussion.
  8. Jachim

Okay, so your excuse to allow people to instagib tanks is to quote an old Spiderman movie? Puh-leez.

If your base is surrounded by 50 tanks, the excuse of allowing random people with C4 to instagib ONE of them, is pathetic and childish. It doens't serve anyone any purpose other than to get the C4 fairy his jollies. You still have 49 tanks, and another probably on its way.

A zerg is like a stampede of cattle. It is terrible in the destruction it can wrought, but can be dispersed with coordination. A lot of the time, you simply need to retreat to the next base back and mount another defense, and then back again, etc etc until it's defeated. Oftentimes you can't destroy it with one simple maneuver.

Different types of bases also aid in the destruction of a zerg. If 50 tanks roll up to a Bio Lab, they are literally useless and will mill about (like cattle) until they're cut down, or their drivers may actually get out (gasp) and fight but regardless, then you have 50 infantry, and it's a numbers game for your defenders.

Tanks being in a zerg isn't the problem with zergs, it's a symptom that simply occurs *during* a zerg. There is nothing wrong with the tanks.
  9. Jachim

There should be zero reward for LAs that suicide a tank with C4, sorry.

Zero.

You can blame bad tankers for not being perceptive enough, but let's be honest here. Why should a tank have to be paranoid and always be constantly searching for the C4 fairy he just killed to come back again and again until he's dead? What does that accomplish?

You say it's because tankers are bad, but honestly it's that the strategy being employed is bad, if it takes several lives, and 200 points of infantry resource to destroy a single tank. Why is this even a thing? What point does it serve in the grand scheme of this game, other than for people with too many resources to nerdgasm when he manages a C4 kill on a tank?

You seem to give the LA's too much credit here. They are *literally wasting everyones time* and making the game worse by doing these things. At least if they place the C4 on the ground and the tanker driver *over* it, then it might be some sort of trap being sprung, but NO. You're defending *C4 SUICIDE* on tanks as a LEGITIMATE STRATEGY in a massive combat game.

Sickening.
  10. Yaj

Jachim... what's sickening is your common sense.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hatesphere

it accomplishes some game balance? should the tank not have to also worry about other players in general coming to kill them? or should you just only have to worry about other tanks? oh wait its just making you angry that someone might be able to do something to you without having to pull another tank, or get 3-5 guys to focus you until you run away to repair and come back. keep parking next to all that infantry cover.

did you even read the rest of the post you quoted, or are you just nerd raging because you have seen C-4 on you're kill screen one to many times? the change I proposed will help reduce the "c4 fairys" you seem to be so mad about, by making so you cant just fly over a tank and sprinkle the stuff around to get an insta kill. you gotta stick it on the back to kill the thing. these faeries would pretty much become free certs.

no, you aren't reading what I wrote, you are just slapping you anger all over this thread with no real rebuttal other then "no you should never be able to 1 shot kill a tank with C4 lol, LA sucks cause he kill me!!!!111!!" when I have proposed a good way to make the strategy you hate less effective but still allow C4 to play a roll. it wouldn't be legitimize C4 suicide, it would punish it by pushing C4 into the roll it should be in.
  12. RobotNinja

Farming armor with C4? I know...it's so lame and easy right? Not like the skill it takes to spawncamp infantry in a MBT...which is what half of your current killboard shows, you killing the same players repeatedly in a short span of time in a magrider.

It's seems to be the case often in PS2 that something is only lame if you get killed by it but definitely not the other way around.
  13. Stargazer86

The only reason tankers rage about dying to C4 is because they're mad at themselves for allowing it to happen but refuse to place the blame where it belongs: namely, on themselves.

Don't sit beneath or.behind buildings infested with enemy infantry. Don't sit still for long periods of time without remaining aware of your surroundings. Those two things prevent the vast majority of C4 deaths. Why on earth tankers believe that they should freely be able to park themselves next to enemy held buildings and not die confounds me.
  14. Liquid23

Whenever I c4 a tank I make sure to be courteous and send the driver a whisper detailing just what he did wrong, how dumb that makes him and that his mother is promiscuous
    • Up x 3
  15. Stargazer86

Good man.
  16. nubery

I've never read so much ******** in a single post. You're a master, sir. Teach me.
  17. Jachim

Look, I've seen your posts in other places but really, you need to grow up now. Stop with the childish insults and mocking. C4 should never destroy a tank. It should injure it heavily, sure, but never destroy it from full HP. To allow this encourages poor player behavior and has no place in this game.
  18. Alarox

Extremists everywhere.

If you let infantry get in C4 range of you while in a tank, and give them enough time to place two C4, you're playing poorly and deserve to die. You're spending 450 resources and gain the capacity to farm the absolute hell out of infantry, and yet you additionally feel that said infantry shouldn't be able to punish you when you IGNORE all of those advantages.

-------

Conversely, many people who don't use tanks have no respect for those who do. It is understandable, as for them tanks serve no purpose but to kill them and get in the way of their gameplay. Although, at the same time many of those tankers pull tanks for the main reason of killing other tanks, and have to deal with ridiculous quantities of AV. This makes the experience all the more stressful because losing your tank means losing resources, which means potentially rendering your way of playing the game impossible (whereas infantry are limitless).
  19. Alarox

C4 should always destroy a tank. One should heavily injure it, and two should destroy it from full HP. To not allow this encourages poor player behavior such as spawning a tank in order to farm infantry while being at no risk regardless of how low-skilled you are or how much time you spend drooling instead of watching your surroundings.

Honestly, nothing bothers me more than seeing a zerg of HE/HEAT tanks surrounding a base with the sole purpose of mindlessly spamming. Actually, no, that's not true.

Honestly, nothing bothers me more than seeing people argue for the primary defense against said skill-less, moronic zergs to be neutralized because they think keeping infantry out of C4 range is too difficult, and that spending 450 resources should entitle you to be immune to your own ineptitude.
  20. EliteEskimo

Although I disagree with your opinion I have a question, would you feel the same way if the Vanguard shield didn't provide any protection against C4?