Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. SLiCKRiCK

Dropped 2 C4 cleanly on a prowler and he was smoking =/
    • Up x 1
  2. Aesir

Wow, for real? I just found a reason to actually come back to this game ...
    • Up x 36
  3. SLiCKRiCK

Also just dropped 2 of them on a lightning..... Just smoking.... :eek:
  4. Hatesphere

great, now all the bad tankers with no situational awareness will be coming back, and i wont be able to punish them.
    • Up x 21
  5. f0d

thats great news.!
    • Up x 12
  6. FateJH

I guess Light Assault will have to be supporting his fellow damage dealing anti-armor allies now rather than going at it solo.
    • Up x 15
  7. Liquid23

just top those 2 C4 off with a shot from the UBGL... it's probably the only real use you will get out of the UBGL anymore
    • Up x 1
  8. CactusLynx

Inb4 C4 kids whining for a refund because they can't farm armor now.

Get rekt.
    • Up x 17
  9. SLiCKRiCK

I disagree. I think surrounding awareness is a big part of driving a tank. The only tank (if any) that should survive two C4 is the vanguard because of how damn slow it is. This game is already world of tanks.
    • Up x 11
  10. EliteEskimo

Great so maybe when I'm fighting on the front lines infantry will use cover instead of completely abandoning it, and then rushing at my tank? Immersion is making a small comeback in Planetside 2?!?:eek::cool::eek:
    • Up x 14
  11. Hatesphere

dont tell that to the tankers, they should be able to blindly pull up to a stronghold or sit beside a pig piece of blind cover without infantry being able to use it against them while they sit still lobbing shells into spawn areas. oh well I guess that just means i need to start a 2 man tank C4 squad.
    • Up x 9
  12. Amouris

Good thing I can put 4 C4 on my VBIED Flash
    • Up x 6
  13. f0d

this is hilariously true

vehicle users get told to use infantry support wherever we go because we are not supposed to go it alone yet c4 fairys could solo tanks with ease

whats good for the goose should be good for the gander
    • Up x 14
  14. Liquid23

well if you saw a tank on the battlefield driving around with no AI weapons and 1/2 the crew it was designed for (what you see a majority of the time in PS2) you wouldn't be worried about cover either... probably be strolling toward it laughing with a shaped charge in your hand... lol
    • Up x 1
  15. WyrdHarper

Good. Tanks should be able to tank, not have to run from single infantrymen.
    • Up x 15
  16. Degenatron

I'm ok with this.

Seriously, the "situational awareness" is a BS co-op like the VS saying that ZOE Maxing was all skill.

It is wholly unrealistic to expect tank drivers to spend the majority of time running from suicide bombers. And a week ago I saw a LA using drifter jets to zip out of a rock outcropping to bomb tanks.

Maybe now it'll be up to the suicide bombers to have a little situational awareness and choose targets that are already hurt instead of being able to take a tank from 100% to 0% with the click of a button.
    • Up x 19
  17. EliteEskimo

[IMG]

So let me get this straight...

1. This game is WOT when infantry have no cool down, can be spawned at any base, and are revivable in seconds for 0 resources; while at the same time tanks cost 450 resources, can only be spawned from the Warpgate until I capture a tech plant, can't be revived, have a cool down, and takes several thousand certs to be truly competitive with other certed tanks?

2.This game is WOT when Infantry just had their lock on launchers buffed for close range fighting, and had their flak armor buffed for direct damage hits?

3. This game is WOT when tanks have to make sacrifices in AV/AI effectiveness when choosing their loadouts while at the same time infantry have access to the Heavy Assault which has an LMG, Rocket Launcher, and a pistol for 0 resources while suffering no reduction in AI effectiveness for having a rocket launcher?

4. This game is WOT when infantry can switch loadouts when they want to be more effective at any given battle for 0 resources, yet if a tank wants to switch loadouts to do the same thing it costs 450 resources?

Dunno, sounds more like Infantryside 2 if you ask me.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 27
  18. KenDelta

Add directional damage atleast , jeez SOE...
    • Up x 1
  19. Archiadus

It's probably just the splash damage being bugged. I placed 3 tank mines under a sunderer a few minutes ago, shot 1 while running away , got no exp. Ran back only to see the other 2 mines on the floor ( no they were not far apart they were side by side) shot another one which didn't seem to have any effect on the last one, even as the sunderer blew up the mine survived.

Guess we'll have to wait for the hotfix =)
    • Up x 2
  20. Beef Wellington

I'm cool with this. When I drive a tank I'm more worried about a solo light assault fluttering over me than any other tank, turret, or group of enemy soldiers. That doesn't seem right. (Also, it looks like EVERYTHING is getting nerfed this patch. I think they are trying to turn it into Planetside 1.)
    • Up x 4