Two C4 doesn't kill an MBT anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SLiCKRiCK, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Alarox

Yes. Rarely do I ever twitch activate the shield to block C4. The majority of the time it is either I'm using tunnel-vision and get hit by C4, or see them coming and shoot them while backing up.

I'd like to hear about what you disagree with.
  2. ikillyou1990

I heard this is actually a bug.
  3. Alarox

It is. I'm not sure what triggers the bug, but in my experience it is that only one C4 is doing damage when multiple are placed. To compensate you just blow one up at a time if you have the opportunity.
  4. EliteEskimo

I disagree that C4 should always Instagib a MBT. I think it should have to be placed on the rear or at least behind the MBT to kill it. As of now a LA can simply fly over a tank, miss completely, and have the C4 land on the ground infront of the tank yet still kill it. The C4 splash nicking the front armor causes the tank to explode in a fireball which I find to be extremely lame. It's also particularly lame for Prowlers as we have an ability that locks us down and makes us more prone to getting C4'd.

My idea is to have C4 only Instagib from behind which would still allow for the easy removal of tunnel vision tankers who you have all the time in the world to get behind and C4, but at the same time would allow for tankers who play on the front lines know that as long as they have their rear covered they can't have their life ended from above in mere seconds without warning. C4 really is only unfair against tanks when the LA's are using it, but taking C4 away from LA's makes them very sad so an impass is reached. Having C4 only Instagib from behind, where the MBT is weak, rewards the strategic tactic of flanking , adds realism/better gameplay in my opinion, and is a great compromise.
    • Up x 1
  5. Alarox

The problem here is that we're now discussing opinion on what we deem to be fair. While you believe that idea is fair, I would only agree when the opposite is also fair. As it is now, tanks have the capacity to farm the absolute hell out of infantry in a completely "unfair" way. Why should they (infantry) not be allowed to farm the absolute hell out of you in a completely "unfair" way as well? (although, much less "unfair" seeing as though it is easily preventable)

This is why even as someone to routinely slaughters infantry in my tank with AP rounds, I accept it as my failure when killed by AV and especially C4. I've been on both sides of the situation hundreds of times already, being the one killing infantry and being killed by C4, and the one being farmed by and killing tanks with C4.

I don't really expect you to understand the opposite since you don't play infantry and (as I'm fairly certain based on looking at your stats) you're one of the AI farming tankers I mentioned earlier. I don't expect us to agree as our experiences are vastly different.
  6. EliteEskimo

Infantry can farm the heck out of tanks easily. They can also do so with considerably less skill and/or 0 resources, see lock on launchers and AV turrets. Infantry have way to much AV killing potential considering their non existant cost, 0 cool down, ability to respawn at bases and sunderers, and be revived. Base and spawn designs need to be improved, but instead infantry were given AV capabilities against MBT's that they never should've had.

I play as a Max and take my Max outside on a regular basis so you would be wrong in suggesting that I don't have experience in dealing with vehicle spam from an Infantry's perspective. I'm not an "AI farming tanker", I play on the front lines while killing everything in my way. There are way more infantry than tanks in the game, so what do you think I'll end up killing more? Just because I have a 28 KDR on my Prowler HEAT doesn't mean my gameplay consists of mainly farming, it should indicate I know what I'm doing in a tank. I also find shelling a spawn room quite boring in comparison to open field battles and front line rights.
    • Up x 1
  7. tissueissue

It's hardly instagib.
    C4 can only kill tanks in very limited situation like driver has to be sleeping or very bad at keeping stuation awaeness.
  8. Earthman

Let's see here:

We got the old "say skill to intimidate people and command attention and importance" trick. You are not Beloc, you are not holding the golden idol in Raiders of the Lost Arc, nor are we tribesmen that will bow in terror to you now that you've said "skill".

Whining about resource costs, when 2 bricks of C4 can ultimately whittle down infantry resources about as fast as the effective lifespan of a tank, and often much faster unless the tank instantly explodes, which rarely happens.

"Infantry should never have AV capability" statement. Way to lose a lot of credibility and sound like another World of Tanks player who downloaded the wrong game and wants to bring it here.

"I play as X and omg my KD ratio is 391259013513/1". Please.

You're not going to win anyone but the tank-obsessed choir you're preaching to.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jachim

See, this is the attitude that needs to be EXPUNGED from this damn game.

You LA C4 fairies are not as good as you think you are and tankers who die to you are not all terrible narrow sighed farmers.

Get a grip.
    • Up x 1
  10. Jachim

Why are you obsessed with KD? Is that why you don't like tankers? Too upset it hurts YOURS?

I mean, you keep bringing it up.
    • Up x 1
  11. Earthman

Hmm. This didn't take long.

If you're some sort of profile-following creepy stalker, the burden's on you, for one thing.

I blow up tanks fairly regularly. Perhaps that's why the OP had to scream and stomp in circles because his tank isn't invincible, only an obstacle to be overcome. I don't always succeed in a C4 run, far from it, but it's something that ought to have a payoff when successful.

I brought up K/D only because of the hurf-blurf I quoted about how the OP's was 28 or some other pointlessly braggy number like that, which was implied to be a persuasion point, which was clearly not successful in its intent.

Alt, or white knight, whichever, I stand by my opinion.
  12. Alarox

Not an AI farming tanker? You are the epitome of an AI farmer.

You have over 7000 kills in your Prowler with HEAT, and only 1728 vehicle kills.

Your only infantry experience is of a MAX that is also AI. Even then you only have 66 hours compared to your 333 hours in an AI Prowler.

Your top weapons are:
    HEAT (7256)
    Mercy (741)
    Mercy (711)
    Prowler HEAT (623)
    Lightning HE (606)

The highest amount of kills you have with any real infantry gun is 71 with the Trac-5.

You have never gotten a single kill with C4.

The ratio of time played in Engineer (tanking) and MAX to LA/HA/Medic/Infiltrator is 21:1.

To say that you're not an AI farmer and understand what it is like to play infantry is just a lie. It is hard to be any further away from what the overwhelming majority of the players in this game experience as infantry.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hibiki54

2 C-4 still kills an MBT depending on where you place it and depending on their armor. I have found that MBTs running with Top Armor do not die with 2 bricks from C-4 Fairies.

There is a bug with C-4 at the moment were it works, but sometimes it does not.
  14. Alarox

My C4 kills come from me walking up next to oblivious tankers as a Heavy Assault and Engineer. I have 22 hours as a Light Assault compared to 272 and 466 as HA and Engineer respectively. I have 742 C4 kills.

I reserve the right to call these tankers bad and/or oblivious because I'm probably a more experienced tanker than the majority of them, and I've seen first hand how horrible these guys are when blowing them up simply by walking to them.

Nice try though.
  15. Tekuila

You say AI tank like its a bad thing. Tanks primary use would be to annihilate infantry in this game.
  16. Alarox

The point of tanks is to farm infantry in this game, that's a pretty obvious design intent. My point was that this man is certainly an an AI farming tanker and is far from understanding what it is like to be on the opposing end of the AI farming.

While I don't blame people for playing this aspect of the game the way it was meant to be played, I don't see them as deserving any particular amount of respect for doing so, and I don't see any reason to not call it what it is.
  17. Dieter Perras

haha ha ha you're funny.

let me remind you this is a tank, you do not stroll towards a tank you run at it like your a** is on fire, attach the charge to a weak point and hope to god it pierces that armor. (I've heard of M1-A1s surviving dozens of RPG blasts simply because they did not hit a weak point.

In all seriousness though I think it would be neat to have a "weak point" on the tank where if C4 was placed then it would be an OHK. That way people can still punish camping tanks while also getting rid of the C4 fairies.

Remember a tank is MOBILE armor, movement is your best defense.
  18. Tekuila

You really can't judge that because for all you know he has a BR100 pure infantry alt.
  19. Alarox

I assume that there isn't an invisible unicorn with a gun to my head who will blow my brains out when I hit "post reply". I could be wrong, but every fact I have points to that not being the case. Until something else comes along to give that idea merit I'll go on assuming what is most likely.
  20. Daikar

No Tankers want that :S but the game is designed to force into doing just that since there is nothing else for tankers to do (most of the time). Tankers wants to fight in big tank battle with open field with some cover, I don't think any tanker actually finds it fun to spawn camp.
    • Up x 2