[Twigby] How's the game performing for you today?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arenthas, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Qwicol

FPS improved after hotfix, however i'm encountering random crashes in heavy combat
  2. c0r3

Extra 10FPS in large battles. But also the odd random crash.
  3. TribbleFluffer

unplayable, been so since GU4 and i have a 8 processor gaming super computer... lag like hell, even been stabbed to death from full health in max suit's multiple times. Need to stop producing cash cow items and fix the game, imo.
    • Up x 2
  4. TRick Shot

A vast improvement for me. Now I'm getting 120fps in the warpgate, and a steady 60 to 70fps in heavy battles.
    Sorry to hear it's still poor for others, but they at least seem to have put their finger on the problem. Others should hoid out hope they'll be back up and running soon.

Thanks for the hotfix SOE, but could you please re-run the double XP weekend? I couldn't manage more than an hour on the previous performance issues.
    • Up x 2
  5. QQugba

Slight improvements, but still 15-20 fps lost since GU4. I noticed that my fps drops even more if I switch empires (VS on Woodman to TR on Miller). After switching empires, fps instantly drops to 18-20fps (35-60 before switching) and wont climb up until I restart the client. Only happens since GU4.
  6. haldolium

Minimum FPS still falling below 20 in larger battles, general and maximum FPS increased.
  7. snurp

Still terrible, my PC ran this comfortably pre-GU4
    • Up x 1
  8. Tallfeather

Considerably better today. Seems very close if not the same as pre GU4.
  9. Lakora

Different departments do different things. Art most likely don't even know how to program...

Also an 8 core processor? Well feel free to put up a link to the processor you have...

Anyway ontopic, a steady 60 FPS at most areas and around 80-90 in warpgate. But yeah if people are still having issues with the game I'd suggest posting your system specs as well to help them narrow down the issues. Since in the end any little bit helps.

System:
    i7 920 @2.67 Ghz (Non overclocked)
    Gainward GTX 570 Phantom
    12 GB Ram
  10. LucKy232

That is the case for me as well. After 1-2 hours the fps will drop to 8-15 when flying over big facilities and 15-30 in battle. CPU bound.
    I normally have from (25-35) to (50-60) (amp station, huge fight vs. small base, small fight or flying). I'm usually GPU bound.

Specs:
    i3 2130 3.40GHz, 2 core 4 thread.
    Nvidia GT 620
    4 GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Windows 8 64bit

Don't mind the poor video card, I'm running at 720p with 50% render quality and I'm still GPU bound. But after GU4, it was almost always CPU bound; and this problem is still there if I play for more than 2 hours.
  11. noobindo

12. RaTzo

So I decided to login and test it... yeah. Abotu 20-30FPS less than before in the WG I used to get 70-85FPS there now I get 40-50FPS.

As soon as there were two Mossies and a Lib in the air around me outside of the WG it went down to 14FPS.... UNPLAYABLE. Logout.
  13. Zeekez

Finally back over 100 in the warpgate and over 60 in heavy biolab fights just like pre-gu4

i5 3570 OC'd to 4.4 ghz
    GTX 670 4gig
    8 Gigs ram
    Windows 7 64bit
  14. OscarGolden

I'm downloading the new client right now and haven't had a chance to play yet. I'm wondering if anyone has tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game yet. If so has anyone that has done that noticed any improvements? If this patch still has issues I'm going to try that next.
  15. Kirb

A definite noticeable increase in FPS, but it still chugs a bit at times in high action; dropping around to 20.
  16. PaperPlanes

Still having issues with FPS stuttering while flying any aircraft. Same thing as before, go over an Amp Station or most Bio Labs and the game becomes a freaking slideshow.
  17. Garathil

Slight increase of FPS after the hotfix, but still experiencing some poor rendering of far away rocks/cliffs which stand out as simple black spots that do not load until you get closer. Anyone else having similar issues?
  18. InMedeasRage

Game now crashed to desktop on random redeploy attempts, all new and post host-fix
  19. atsiv

what are the specs of this "supercomputer"you speak of
  20. TribbleFluffer

Ill post them later, but its 4 years old, today i finally decided to research it, it seems my video card isnt even on the list of "approved/not approved/unkown" cards for PS2 on SOE's site.

Basically its a FX 6000 Gamer Series, has an ATI HD 6700 (i think) card fully updated drivers, 8 processors. honestly im not so good at finding the info, bought it 4 years ago and only updated it with a new graphics card on purchase, haven't touched the inside since then...also needs a good AV sweep by a prof, pretty sure ive got bugs running the circuits :<
    \But yeah i had someone look at my system though one of those computer to computer links and he said "holy **** you have 8 processors?! you shouldn't be having this sort of issue D:"

EDIT:
    also the FPS seemed to pick up better today...then dropped as my computer started to heat up so it might be that. when i posted originaly i couldnt even walk around the warpgate, but today i could even fly my reaver A OK with just a little hickup here or there..then a couple of hours later id get major lag spikes when spawning or re-supplying or driving tanks or getting shot at.