[Twigby] How's the game performing for you today?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arenthas, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Plasmaszap

Alote of people seems to be thinking that the lag would be cause by memory leak. For my part, it gets really laggy when :
    1- Gunning a lib / crusing in a ESF
    2- Fighting near / in megastructure (ie biolab, amp station, tech plant)
    3- Lagdar (aka indar)

Cheers :)
  2. McTag

It's definitely better now than right after GU4 hit the decks. Still have some lags and fps drop-downs in large battles, but not so significant and I'm able to play PS2 once again. (40-60 fps pre-GU4, 20-30 fps sometimes falling to 5 fps right after GU4, 30-60 right now).
  3. LeBigJimbo

Still pants and still huge SS lag.
  4. blackboemmel

i've noticed that:
    - my fps do NOT change when i turn all settings to "high" or all to "low" (3570k/gtx670). NO difference!
    - those heavy fps-drops are affecting me and my "close to me" mate at the same time/place. (his rig is not that good).
    - during doubleXP games i many times got those fps drops that feel like "slow-motion". always had to restart the client, then everything "ok" again until it starts again after 1 hour or something. after the doubleXP i never had to restart the client for that reason.

by the way: the content of GU4 is fantastic - especially the buffed movement of infantry/vehicles and the "candy-land" training.
  5. Silver Pepper

My performance has dropped an average 20 frames all around.

However, what's killing the game for me is server side lag. It's not my frames, it's the server dying from large fights (multiple platoons vs multiple platoons), and dragging the whole server with it. When I fly a Liberator the other side of the map from the combat, and it still takes about five times as long to repair it than it should because the server's busy choking and unable to register the repairing.
  6. oLd.Sneakers

Generally speaking FPS is fine before alot of people get on the servers and then congregate at the same hotspots.

As soon as there are more then a cupple of squads in one zone, the fps tanks.

Where it previously on my system would drop to 45-50 fps and in very rare cases down to 40 fps it now drops to 10-15 dps and is alot more unstable and unsmooth ( flucuating alot more ) then it was before GU4.

This games biggest performance issue has always been that the game engine only utilizes 2 cores, so those two cores better be lightning fast to compensate for the lack of "multi threading" and parallel processess running on more then one thread spread over more then two cores.

Anyway something with the GU4 did break performance for alot of people, if not all.

Personally I had to back my settings down from 1.15 render quality to 1.0 ( 115% to 100% ) render distance from 2000 to 1500 to get decent frames, which still when it gets packed during prime renders the game unplayable.

Capping the fps to 29 via nvidia-inspector to try and put a lid on the HEAVY fluctuations is a leaking bandaid that really doesn't help when the fps drops below 20 and the game really starts to become unplayable.

I find the FPS generally to fluctuate more when I am flying ( which I do 50% of the time ) then when I am on the ground, still the obvious memory leakage deteriorates even the "infantry playing" FPS after a while down to unacceptable levels.

Game is playable when its nobody online and unplayable when everyone gets on after work/dinner times.

When you are in the VR game plays fine since it is not as many people in the VR as it is in Indar / certain zones on Indar.

You should have gone with a Dx11 capable engine with which works with more then 2 cores and you wouldn't have had this headache to deal with.

I bet the guy that stood up during your early draft meetings insisting on NOT going the dx9 route must have gotten his "I told you so" out on a daily basis since release.
    I hope you still have that guy around and let him know YOU KNOW he was right all along.
  7. Sandzibar

>>You should have gone with a Dx11 capable engine with which works with more then 2 cores and you wouldn't have had this headache to deal with.

Smaller playerbase, so less money potential. EVERYONE is dx9 capable.
  8. PS2Freak

Regarding Miller server lags (since monthes) is it PS2 dedicated server ? or does it host other games as well ? i have impression that Miller server is not performing well for this massive multiplayer game.
  9. Atrabilis

Far better FPS for me in nearly all situations, big amp station battles and such are still a bit choppy. Crashes (complete lockups, not CTD) seem more common now though. The latency problems seem to come and go.
  10. PS2Freak

we should not forget, it is not weekend and primetime.. the problems come back as soon as more people play the game.
  11. Arenthas

Exactly
  12. Arenthas

13. RaTzo

I'm going to wait til lots of people report the game is working properly. I've been playing BF3: End Game and it runs SWEET and the vehicles are DEADLY.
  14. Hatamoto

Im not sure that did much, fps is lower than pre GU4 and it degrades over time
  15. Leroy Jenkens

The Irony is you need a 64bit capable processor as well as a DX11 card to even get unplayable FPS.
    • Up x 1
  16. ThaPhreak

E7400 dual core, oc'd 3.08
    4gb ballistic ram
    320gb 7200 rpm hdd

gts450 sli w/gts250 total of 2gb of gddr4 or 5 i forget now.
    custom useroptions.ini

a peak of 70-80 fps. and avg of 25-40 fps unless i am near a amp station, biolab, tech plant or more than 20-30 people or so with enemys around then it's like 8-10 fps :mad: .

(currently limited to 40 as an experiment, and no it don't work i still get very random drops to 1-5 fps even with no one around and not moving at warpgate)

my two pence.
  17. Kookamunga

Ran much better last night , then it did this weekend. Of course they have done 2-3 hotfixes since Monday

1. Removal of double xp ( 32 meg ) Morning of 3-18
    2. 834 kb Hotfix Afternoon of 3-18
    3. 30+ meg patch today , not tested yet. 3-19
  18. GhanzMeister

Still very bad. 5fps when flying over base. 10 in big fights. 80 when nothing is goining on.
    40 on avarage with big down spikes and slideshow stutter starts.
    I want to play Mr Higby, not stare at my fps meter cause i can't see ****.
    • Up x 1
  19. m0unds

framerate when i launch the client is back to pre-GU04 levels (55-60fps avg), however, after about 60-75 mins of play, it degrades til it's unplayable (15-20fps).
  20. srolf

After 3 hours playing, stuttering is back as always and horrible as always, its unplayable with ESF. Everything worked fine before GU4, I just don't understand why they can't find and fix the stuttering bug that starts to show about an hour into playing. As it is now, I have to restart the game every hour if I want to avoid the stuttering.