[Twigby] How's the game performing for you today?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arenthas, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Arenthas

According to Higby's Twitter today 3/18

"How's the game performing for you today? We have some speculations about the reasons for the performance problems... let me know!"

Can anyone verify FPS fix post GU4? What's your fps looking like today?

2. N0008918

Nothing was fixed. Fps dropped for about 50%.
  3. evansra

Mine was much better today than yesterday but it did drop back down after a few hours play.
  4. Ganelon

50-60 fps, outside of the organised event where hundreds of people and Galaxies were clustered in a small area, that was around 10 fps.
  5. TintaBux

Still losing on average 15 fps since GU4.
  6. ClubberLaing

getting massive fluctuation in fps. Had to log out its simply not enjoyable in this state.
  7. omega4

THIS.

I've lost 50% of my framerates.

8. HadesR

Server's are still laggy as **** .. That's how I'm finding it Mr Higby :rolleyes:
  9. Wasdie

Servers were a bit laggy for me after 2 hours of play. Framerate would drop to below 30 quite a bit in big fighting with an i7 3770k.
  10. nitram1000

Still lost about 10 fps from GU4 but it is definitely running better.

Basically, whatever you guys did do a little bit more!
  11. Przyr

I've lost 70% of my FPS. Dude, wth???

From 100 fps to 30 FPS... GTX 680. Please fix it, I won't play with 30 FPS! Crappy gameplay!
  12. Stan

On my low end setup the frames are better but I continue to have regular random dips to single digits which often result in quick freezes. It does not run nearly as well as it did prior to GU02. It's not very fun to play unfortunately. Hopefully they continue to focus on optimization for all machines that meet the minimum requirements. At least defiance isn't far off I guess.
  13. werzinator

FPS was better today only because it's no longer a weekend, a double XP one at that.

Heavy fights at tech plants/bio labs/amp stations still tank framerates ridiculously more than before.
  14. Ghery88

Dreadful. Granted, I have a low end PC for today's standards, but apart from the largest battles, it handles the game pretty tolerably. But not today, not since the last hotfixes.
  15. noobindo

~15 fps in large combats. Was 8.
    Still unplayable.
  16. SpaceKing

About a 5 FPS improvement since Saturday.
  17. Chipskream

Ive said it a million times, gonna say it again fr Mr. Higby: I get drops to 10-15 (lasting 1-2 frames each) every 1-2 seconds. Apart from that I run a solid pre-GU04 FPS, but those drops and the resulting 'microstutter' make the game that I love and invested heavily in unplayable.

Those drops are directly related to the number of players on the server. Right after the server restart today, I could almost play fluently. At 8PM, not so much.
  18. mogwai83

It's playable but far from enjoyable on my main rig, 5-10fps in biolab battles for example... 50ish everywhere else (CPU capped). This is a 4.6GHz i7 3770k w/ GTX-670-FTW and before GU03 was always GPU capped at 60fps (vsync) no matter what was going on in game.

on my XPS (for gaming in the office) it's far worse, the CPU bottleneck means I can't even have teamspeak running if I want to get more than 10fps. biolab battles are unplayable (0-5fps) before GU03 it was fairly smooth and enjoyable to play... specs are in sigs...
  19. Sinoby

There is 45+ page thread on this particular forum about FPS problems since GU4. To summ it up-still bad, it needs serious work. E.g. several galaxies with turned on engines result in severe FPS drops. o_O
  20. AstroCat

Same here. Pre GU4 GPU limited solid 60fps, post GU4 CPU limited 30-40fps. So a good 20-30fps drop with CPU limit after patch, no changes today, still really bad.