TR - The OP Faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Imperial Sect

I'll agree to the claymore. I would take the TR one over big blinky (VS one) any day of the week. NC have the worst by far, but both NC and VS AI mines are awful, you can literally sprint passed them....TR one you get a mile near it and instant kill.
  2. Flag

Correction: 3 of them are, the rest aren't.

Those 3 are the Orion, Betelguse and SVA-88. Outside of those the description "quite good" flat out doesn't apply.
    • Up x 3
  3. Joexer

WTF. OP. whatever your smoking. Sell me some. I pay in dbc and i pm you.
  4. DonkeyX

TR weapons are no better then VS or NC, with the lone exception of the Gatekeeper - WAY too much damage and WAY too accurate at extremely long range. At least with a Sauron you have to do this little thing called "aiming" and fire tick-tick-tick to get hits. With the Gatekeeper, any 6-year-old can hold down the mouse button and aim in the general direction to do massive damage. Although this fits in with most TR players - by far the least skilled faction per player who need powerful, aimless nub weapons to compensate.
  5. Deffington

Have you tried to move? The gunner would have to aim again if you did... Of course, our least skilled players would then miss 90% of the clip and you don't want to be so hard on us, right?
  6. Flag

500 m/s velocity greatly reduces the opponents ability to evade anything by moving - the speed is just that damn high on top of the minimal CoF and drop.
    • Up x 1
  7. prodavit

I dont really know if this post is for real or not. But TR is the most underpower faction in the game. I usually play all the factions and that's how i feel and alot would agree with me.
  8. Flag

"Grass is greener"-effect.
  9. prodavit

OW...!! OWw!!!! A new faction, a green faction!!!
  10. CMDante

Yep, because it is.
  11. Flag

Aka the "trees" faction.
  12. PasitheeVS

it is ridicolous how OP the TR is atm.
    I'm saying this as "Pasithee", PasitheeNC" and "PasitheeTR".

e.g. use a normal lock-on like the Swarm, Nemisis or Annihilator on ESFs, then the Striker.
    When you then don't call the Striker OP, you're mental.
  13. Ximi

OP means OverPowered or OverPopulation???? If is the second thing,i only can agree...
  14. Ryo313

out played x'D

but srsly now this thread is a nice joke tho haven't laughed that much in a while x'D
  15. SQPD

Just because two vehicle weapons actually are OP, doesn't mean the faction is OP. It takes resources or Esamir to be able to pull vehicles. It takes no resources to whip out a heavy, much like whipping out your dick. (That analogy worked better than I thought, since heavies are dicks and it takes no effort to whip out your dick).
  16. Ryo313

wait the "HA is op" bullsh*t is still going on? o_O
  17. asmodraxus

TR UP? Can I have what you've been smoking

Most infantry weapons are relatively balanced apart from some outliers like the Trap (garbage as a sniper rifle ok as a scout rifle), Striker (tricky to use, hint crouch to minimise the CoF so its the same as a lancer), MCG (well its better then the Lasher).

For those that say well the T9 Carv is inferior to the Orion, well ones a CQC LMG and the other isn't, its like comparing the beamer to the Repeater and then saying the repeater needs a nerf...

The only weak spot is the Striker compared to the Lancer, but when its compared to the Phoenix, or the Fracture however when the Fracture gets compared to the Vortex well the so called "uber" max AV weapon well it gets kind of silly really

Kills
    208 Fracture left
    137 Vortex Left

KPU
    1.6 Fracture Left
    2.1 Vortex Left

KPH
    3.9 Fracture Left
    3.9 Vortex Left

VKPU
    1.0 Fracture Left
    1.4 Vortex Left

VKPH
    2.5 Fracture Left
    2.6 Vortex Left

Playtime
    52.79 hours Fracture
    34.35 hours Vortex

So nerf the Vortex?
  18. OldCuban

The only aspect of your rant that contains anything factual is the Gatekeeper portion. I'll agree that it does need tweaking, but not a nerf into oblivion like the Striker got hit with.

Magrider broken.......Lmao!

Mosquito has a small hitbox? Ever try to hit a PAPER THIN SCYTHE?????

Prowler has the highest tank dps only when locked down, this makes it incredibly vulnerable. You obviously don't know how to use a tank efficiently. A Vanguard can solo any other faction's main tank in a one on one fight in close quarters easily! And your Magrider can move like no other tank in the game which not only gives it vantage points that neither of the other two tanks can get, but also making it easier to avoid incoming fire by straffing.

The Vulcan does incredible dmg up close, which makes it a high risk/high reward weapon. If you have good situation awareness, a Harasser crew with the Vulcan has zero chance against a heavy tank.

Our Claymores do dmg in only one direction and stick straight out of the ground. I get countless kills with my NC and VS character's Bouncing Bettys and Proximity Mines.
  19. LodeTria

20. AxiomInsanity87

This was a really comical read.

I laughed

8/10
    • Up x 1