TR - The OP Faction.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Oct 7, 2015.

1. PasitheeVS

I am posting this eventhough I know some will laugh about this and others (obviously TRs) will instinctively troll here to defend their OP toys. Eventhough I could write a long text about everything mentioned, I kept this as short as possible.

Claymore

The best AI mine. Unique mechanics, higher damage, higher range, instant detonation, no lights.
    While VS/NC get identical ones that glow in the dark...

Gatekeeper/Vulcan

The highest DPS top gun for short range + The lowest DPS, highest accuracy top gun for long range, New PPA?

The Prowler

Fastest, smallest Tank with insanely high DPS primaries.
    Vanguard: sluggish, slow, not fun to use.
    Magrider: Bugged, broken, underperforming.

Striker

While VS+NC get a pretty good AV option, the TR gets an OP AA+AV option.

Pounder-MAX

By far the best AV MAX weapon in the game.
    The KPH values are out of competition.

Mosquito

Insanely small Hitbox, highest non-afterburner speed, Hellfire Rocket Pods are obviously designed for A2A.

That are the examples I know.
    - And yet they cry that "they're not allowed to have anything that is OP".
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

The Magrider being bugged or broken is its own sort of issue, and is more serious than our petty "they're OP; no, you're OP" spats. What does it do that it shouldn't be doing (or not do that it should be doing) and is there an Atlassian ticket for the issue yet? if there is a ticket, how escalated is the issue currently?
  3. Noooooch

LOL

Yeah, claymore is def the best ai mine. Don't forget that the Prowler is the only MBT with TWO guns as a primary! Combine that with Lockdown and let the farm begin... Hehehe...

Also you forgot to mention the most op thing of all TR... THE CARV.
  4. Stigma

Minor correction: Trolling a trollpost would be considered counter-trolling I believe.

-Stigma
  5. Kristan

[IMG]

Gotta love such threads... Especially from Vanu.
    • Up x 13
  6. Ballto21

you forgot the trap

its an assault rifle on the infiltrator
    • Up x 3
  7. Bravo2-9

Claymore: very effective at door corners but because of design is only good at that. Prox/betties are effective on stairs, in bushes, behind and around consoles and can be used as suicide pizza delivery. A trade off between reliability and flexibility. I'd be fine with dropping the lights and delay on the others.

Gatekeeper/vulcan:
    Biggest issue I've seen with the gatekeeper on my alts is rendering the projectiles. It's difficult to tell where I'm getting pegged from as the tracer seems.buggy or non existent. Let's fix this first then see where things are.
    The vulcan I have never had an issue with in either my vanguard or magrider. As long as you maintain situation awareness and have a gunner a single vulcan harassed poses a minor threat. Two on the other hand is a problem but at that point I'm outgunned.

Prowler:
    Only fastest by 5kph and it takes a near flat surface to accelerate to that topspeed, hardly an advantage. Size is smaller but only marginally and has the widest butt of the three. DPS is the highest provided you consistently hit both shots which can be difficult at range being the only mbt with recoil. On the other tanks the vanguard actually is a mbt and a monster in short range engagement. The magrider is a load of fun and very effective but has to be played like a heavy harasser not a mbt.

Striker:
    VS get a sniper AV weapon from render range that's serviceable at AA, NC get a fun camera missile that can be fired from safety and can one-shot esfs (though difficult). TR get a close/medium range AA launcher that is good for pod farmers, serviceable as an AV weapon. In all empires these weapons only really shine when used in groups.

Pounders:
    The best anti-max weapons in the game. Great at killing maxes and decent at infantry if you are a good shot. Vehicle kills are pretty sub par however and are only as high because: A) starter and B)Fractures are pretty bad.

Mosquito:
    Okay wut? It has the longest hit-box from profile and the middle of the three from the front. Scythe have the smallest front hitbox. The speed is virtually a non-issue against reavers as their high impulse after burners allow any competent pilot to catch and kill you before you can begin to out pace them. Only really useful for chasing someone in a straight line. I'm seriously confused about your rocket pod as aa beef though.

There's your TR troll I guess though I play all three factions.
    • Up x 2
  8. Villanuk

Striker OP

9. ValorousBob

Forumside delivers another great thread~
    • Up x 4
  10. MikeyGeeMan

Hmm. Op troll.

• Up x 2
  11. Lemposs

I could agree on some of those for certain situations (some of those ignores case by case situations), but striker and pounders?!
  12. [HH]Mered4

This is a troll thread haha

You people attempting to be serious should really find something else to do with your time :D
  13. Jubikus

Probably but believe it or not some people are actually that stupid.
    • Up x 1
  14. Shiaari

Stop making VS players look bad.

I'm ashamed of you, OP. I'd say go play some other faction, but I don't you to gripe from their end, either. So, I say buy a PlayStation or an XBOX and play something else.
    • Up x 5
  15. xMaxdamage

don't feed trolls :V
    • Up x 1
  16. JobiWan

I thought this thread was serious until I read that the Striker is OP. That's hilarious. Also 'Pounders are best Max AV weapon'? Ever heard of Ravens? They tear my tank/sundy apart with a handful of shots.
    • Up x 3
  17. asmodraxus

Nerf teh B3am3r it has 0.75 ADS
  18. LordAnnihilator

I am honestly glad I joined the planetside community. These discussions are fun to watch. Personally, I see the only issue with the TR is population, esp. During alerts. It's annoying if I can't get to an alert in the last 20 mins because the continent is overloaded with people who don't even main TR and are in it for the XP. FYI I was in the alert earlier, I left to go to the VR to test stuff.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

OP just said the striker is OP.
    • Up x 5
  20. Scr1nRusher

Forum Posts FOR THE FORUM GOD.
    • Up x 1