To all the VS who don't think ZOE Is overpowered

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Jube

Simple solution....Make the Annihilator capable of locking onto Max suits.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mhak

Well do us all a favor and don't major in law. You've demonstrated multiple times that you don't know what you're talking about now. I don't think you understand what circumstantial evidence is. It can be very powerful in court and has gotten many convictions. You may be familiar with the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt;" circumstantial evidence can achieve that in court.

Being that this is a game and not a courtroom, and we shouldn't have to hold trials, even circumstantial evidence is going overboard. And yet there's tons of it. It's really more than enough.
  3. eduarddato12

[IMG]

mfw all these ****ters keep defending ZOE
    muh glowcrab
  4. eduarddato12

In all seriousness, if you are defending ZOE you are either xX360mLgProNOSzopeZXx (faget) or use it 24/7 (also a faget)
    • Up x 2
  5. eduarddato12

ZOE is a huge symptom of being homosexual
    • Up x 1
  6. Purg

500 certs per arm per weapon. I've got Scattercannons, Hacksaws and Mattocks all with extended mags. 3000 certs right there.
  7. Purg

Well, let's see. You've claimed that the average VS is better than the average TR/NC and that NC attract the least skilled players.

You've claimed that most MAX users equip flak. If you're not, you're doing it wrong.
  8. JudgeDeath

If this kind of "statistic" is what proves what is OP ... then I have bad bad news for TR.
  9. Posse

Lol, yeah, if that kind of statistic was significant, the TR Harrasser should be directly nerfed into oblivion.
  10. HellionX

Just like you keep defending strikers and vulcans. whats your point?
  11. Littleman

I'd say huge kill discrepancies ARE evidence of there being an imbalance somewhere. Obviously, the metrics we have access to are unlikely to be nearly as precise as SOE's (for all we know, most of the VS max kills are comets against dumb pilots.) However, it is pretty unreasonable to downplay that size of a discrepancy. Statistics > "gut" feelings and personal experiences any day of the week. Someone can say the Gauss SAW is an awesome hip-fire weapon in their experiences with it - doesn't mean it really is.

Coincidentally, the numbers don't specifically point out that ZOE is the culprit, but being that it's the only empire MAX ability that appears regularly on the battlefield - because it's actual drawback is not only minimal but also offset by one of the benefits of ZOE and it's actually satisfyingly fun to use - it's a logical assumption. I wouldn't say an engi team is more necessary either: a TR lockdown MAX or NC shield max should understandably be easier and safer to maintain by comparison, but that apparently isn't working out for them. Stationary targets are actually really easy to hit with a decimator, and that shield is more like a prison than a shield, not to mention irritatingly unreliable (needs way more coverage.)

The OPs post gives the VS 30% more kills than the TR, and 35.5% more kills than the NC. I'd say that's a pretty large gap. Ideally, if we're looking for balance, I'd say a 10% difference is the bleeding edge before "overall skill" could arguably be the deciding factor.

The MAX needs looked into. SOE has the data, and they really should act on it sooner rather than later. Same goes for any other actual imbalances.
  12. eduarddato12

Look at my post history, does it ever say i defend them?

stay mad
  13. Bill

Then you gota be one who want them nerfed, right? O wait but striker got nerfed some time ago already....
    Or you are one of those blind spammers in snipermode who got tr harraser parked behind them? As that is only way this junk may perform better than its counterparts.

Fact is that ZOE is OP like hell, zoe noskill maxes perform as good as hammer maxes, but not only at close range but also at medium and long, on top of that zoe noskill maxes can shoot while they move at sprint speed of inflantry and other maxes.
  14. ViXeN

No, sorry, basing decisions that affect everyone on the subjective experiences of part of the player-base without any definitive proof to back it up is STUPID. There is ZERO logic in that.

15. Jube

16. ViXeN

So guys, after ZOE gets nerfed what will be the next thing you turn your attention to? What will be the next weapon you want nerfed because it kills you too much? The Vulcan? Maybe the Orion again?

Just a small sample of the things I have seen the community want to nerf since I started playing:

Dual Mercy
    Dual Scat
    Dual Hacksaw
    The Pump-Action Shotguns
    Shotguns in general
    Striker
    Phoenix
    Magrider
    Harasser
    Orion
    ZOE
    ESF
    Libs
    Bursters
    All lock-on launchers
    A2A Missles
    Rocketpods
    Vulcan
    Zephyr
    HA Shields
    AV Turrets
    Saron
    UBGL
    SMG

The list is endless. And even after some of these things were nerfed people wanted them nerfed again. LOL Seriously guys, you need to get over the fact that things are going to kill you in this game. Some will kill you more than others but it doesn't mean everything is OP or that the person is hacking. You were most likely just out-played so deal with it. Or do we have to nerf everything in the game multiple times to make you happy? No, that won't make you happy either because you will still die alot and need some excuse for it. Not trying to be mean here, just giving you the truth that you don't want to hear.

With all the crying on this forum I'm amazed that some of you guys have had time to actually play the game at all. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. ViXeN

Okay, lets say we go with that. How does that help the TR and NC MAX abilities? Instead of nerfing everything, what we should be doing is improving the weapons of the other sides. Then everyone is happy. The only thing the endless nerfing does is piss off half the community and cause people to quit, which is why boosting other sides to make them more equal is a better solution. Nerfing doesn't work. Never has and never will.
    • Up x 1
  18. CptFirelord

Must I remind you of all the "NERF EVERYTHING TR AND NC" threads that the VS were filling the forums with months ago? Where's your precious logic?

To address your concerns versus TR and NC calling for ZOE nerfs... what they mean to say is rework ZOE. Remove the damage bonus that you VS claim 'doesn't do anything at all for the suit' and keep your mobility and damage resistance nerf. VS trait has never been damage, it's been mobility. Pairing the two on a suit that's supposed to be slow and hit hard is absurd.

'And I'm not the only TR player to have done so' o_O You're not TR? You're VS? You might 4th faction for the TR, but that doesn't give you the right to start talking like one. Leave ignorance to those of us who play with it every day :)

Show you an MMO that has gained balance through nerfs.. okay :)
    WoW : WotLK, 2008/2009, Death Knight nerf. They were overpowered as all hell, sneezing at something and instantly killing them. The nerf made them on-par with balance issues, even though they were still (and are still) the best class.
    • Up x 1
  19. CptFirelord

The only sensible thing I've seen you post in this thread.
  20. ViXeN

Need I remind you that I am talking about everyone here not just TR and NC. I know a lot of VS players do the same thing and I disagree with them too. MY precious logic? I'm not the one who was preaching about logic early in this thread. Other people were doing that, I just started pointing out that they shouldn't be talking about it because they clearly don't know anything about logic.

I never claimed the damage bonus doesn't do anything for our MAX so please stop putting words in my mouth again. :rolleyes:

Wow is NOT balanced, according to the community. If you look at the forums you will find a lot of "nerf this!!" threads for several classes just like with every other game. This is the problem with nerfing, it always turns into an endless cycle.

For PS2, when the ZOE gets nerfed then everyone will think one of the other faction MAXes is too powerful. It started with the NC MAX, then it got nerfed and suddenly the TR Mercy MAX was too powerful. Then they finally made the VS MAX good with the ZOE and now people think its too powerful. The three factions take turns wanting one of them nerfed in an endless cycle. And the game will never really be balanced in the eyes of the community. It will be just like WoW.

Oh and I meant to say I am not the only VS player to do have done so. It should have been obvious that it was a mistake.