To all the VS who don't think ZOE Is overpowered

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Ned, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Ned

• Up x 30
  2. ViXeN

• Up x 18
  3. csp0811

Is that when only kills are compared, or when used with other pieces of data? Should kills not be used at all for weapon comparisons?

What statistic(s) do you prefer?

Serious question.
  4. gigastar

Thats a boatload of...

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  5. Xasapis

Kills are obviously significant. But he did made a statistical hypothesis that the data are insufficient to support.

In other words. Is the VS MAX too powerful on it's own, or is it all ZOE's doing?
    • Up x 3
  6. Ned

Lets face it, we all know that this is due to ZOE, before ZOE the VS AI max was in the lead for kills but not by that much

Considering nearly every single VS MAX Runs with ZOE, this is about max AI kills in general with all guns
    • Up x 5
  7. Leer

My Zoe is better because we repair it. If we don't constantly repair it then it is insta death for the Zoe due to the defense Nerf. The TR and NC MAXs can go solo where Zoe can not. Team work is forced on the VS MAX and that is what produces better results. So....learn to play better. I know it is a "backside" hat thing to say but it is true, work as a team for better results.
    • Up x 9
  8. Leer

VS only run Zoe when nobody is shooting at them. Shoot and we turn off Zoe.
    • Up x 3
  9. gigastar

It would be more accurate to say we turn it off when theres 3 or more shooting at us.

Or when we see someone pulling out a rocket.
    • Up x 2
  10. Tommyp2006

I was going to say something about number of unique users, but that stat isn't listed, and the KPU is still MUCH higher for the VS max. Maybe this just says that the TR max is under performing instead of necessarily the VS max is over performing. The VS max KPU isn't that much higher than the NC max KPU, other than scattercannons.
  11. Flapatax

The hit to defense is nowhere near significant enough to offset the speed and damage increase. ZOE is OP. But so are a lot of other things in the game, including a number of TR items.
    • Up x 3
  12. Ned

Average KPU

NC= 8.45
    TR = 6.68
    VS = 10.2925
    The total number of kills suggests that on average VS is pulling more MAX's and keeping them alive longer than NC/TR is, I wonder why
    • Up x 6
  13. ViXeN

I don't pay attention to statistics in general because you can find stats (or skew them) to support pretty much any argument. According to the "stats" on that page people have more kills with the Cosmos than the Nebula so does that mean the Cosmos is better? Hint: Pretty much anyone who has used both would say the Nebula is better. I base my opinions on experience not stats. If I use a certain weapon I don't need statistics to tell me if its good or bad.
    • Up x 5
  14. iRhuel

We'll never be able to prove anything about this game given the lack of transparency. What his numbers DO do is corroborate his claim, if not outright definitively prove it.
  15. ViXeN

So the VS MAX was already in the lead before the ZOE? So then isn't it possible that the lead just grew regardless of ZOE? Would it have been impossible for the lead to get bigger without it? You guys make too many assumptions on here.
    • Up x 7
  16. Flapatax

ZOE effects MAX usage the same way Marauders and Vulcans effect harasser usage. Let's not pretend differently.
    • Up x 16
  17. ViXeN

See again with the assumptions. Maybe you should try to find some actual proof that something is overpowered instead of just questionable stats. ;) And I don't think the marauders are all that great. The Vulcan is pretty lethal though.
    • Up x 1
  18. Ned

We all know through common sense this is because of ZOE, the lead would not have gotten that much bigger unless ZOE was stupidly good, especially with the implementation of Aegis shield and lockdown, but as said before, total number of kills says it all
    • Up x 1
  19. VSDerp

Ned you had to start this thread lol.
    • Up x 1
  20. csp0811

I think the problem here then is that we have not defined what it is to be overpowered, in very strict terms. We could use a rubric to judge it that takes into account SPM, KPM, KDR, etc, and overpowered is defined as being XYZ% above average, etc.

Remember a problem can't be solved until we define it.
    • Up x 1