This is how SOE nerfed the NV to death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GRiMtox, Jun 20, 2013.

1. that_darn_lurker

The mythical MLGer did.
  2. Loegi

Well then that TOS is not really customer friendly. Doesn't really change anything. I still think it would be better if they offered a refund for changes to mechanics like this.
  3. Lancener

Now if they would just bring back nights actually being dark so NV would have some sort of purpose. NV never should have made enemies light up and nights never should have been made bright.
    • Up x 1
  4. Spyrius

Excuse me, who`s MLGer?
    Now please understand my point of view.
    I like the NV "nerf", while factually it needs to be a bit brighter and I am more than sure this will be adressed, NV just needed that change. But i can understand those of you who are unhappy my advice is you contact SOE customer service, I`m sure in such a controversial matter they will at least try to figure something out.
  5. Benton!

Thats what I do :D but there are ways to make the game simpally wash out when you jack the gamma up.
  6. Macchus

that whole 50 certs ?
  7. Chris Bingley

So, before GU11, NV and Thermal worked exactly the same, except for differences in colour, but NV was cheaper. Nobody certed into Thermal because of this. I mean, why would you pay four times the cost for something that mechanically gave you the same advantage?

Now, people who just want to be able to see better in the dark can get NV, people who want their enemies highlighted as well can get thermal. Nv is now a cheap alternative for those of us who don't spend our entire game in a tank or aircraft.

And for those of you who got the NV because it was cheap and did the same thing. Tough. You got a benefit that you didn't pay for. Complaining about NV getting nerfed is like complaining because they fixed the VR Training Area grenade bug and you now have to buy your concussion grenades.
  8. Fned

If your engine changes contrast and color saturation correctly instead of just making it "darker", this trick does not provide as much advantage as you'd think...
  9. Sian

10. Zamos

NV right now is a color blindness sim.
  11. Bearcat

I'm really not sure what you think you are arguing. :confused: Again, people are not claiming SOE is in violation of the TOS.
  12. dBMachine

Ok....

I understand that there needed to be something to differentiate NV and thermal.... But I honestly don't understand what NV is supposed to be used for now. You don't need it to see terrain. Spotting enemies was the only use.

What purpose does NV now serve? Absolutely none!
    • Up x 1
  13. Onetoo

Maybe they will release a version of NV that makes it easier to see in the dark, that would be cool.
  14. Slyguy65

Ya but now its as useless as the flash light...NV should highlight the area not just turn your regular view into green.

I think NV should highlight people and thermal should be able to see through objects.
  15. Tommyp2006

Per weapon. Consider how many vehicke weapons there are.
  16. Liquidrider

Now what the HELL is the point of NV? So I can see vehicles from further away? I am truly disappointed with the Devs on this one. It is already painful enough for Air Vehicles to defend themselves from anti-air. We pretty much have to fly blind now against infantry (as well as AA MAXs!)

They may as well just given our Certs back and removed NV completely. I'd love to have sat in the meeting room when someone idiot made this suggestion.
  17. NinjaTurtle

Maybe a fair way would have been to have NV highlight vehicles and HV highlight infantry, then both are situational and both useful with drawbacks.

As it stands HV is by far and away the superior
  18. NinjaTurtle

Yeah for me

Lightning: HE, VIPER and HEAT

Vanguard: AP and HEAT Secondary: Halberd

Reaver: Vortek and Breaker Rockets

Flash: Fury

That's 1,800 certs to upgrade to HV..... time to start grinding.

I wish I hadn't spent my 2000 certs a week back getting extended mags for my MAX bursters and Scats :(
  19. HonkSam

Does not. It paints everything green. Just as muddy, dark and all-the-same but green. There is absolutely no difference with or without NV. Except it's green. It is worthless.
  20. treeHamster

For everyone complaining. There is a bug with the new optics. Instead of outfitting thermal on both weapons, just outfit it on one. Go to the thermal vision, then switch weapons with it still activated. It'll stay on even if the other weapon doesn't have it kitted up.

Just saved you turds 200 certs, your welcome.