This is how SOE nerfed the NV to death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GRiMtox, Jun 20, 2013.

1. GRiMtox

Enjoy this ridiculous NV-nerf. Now EVERYONE will use thermal instead of NV.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. phreec

Yes? Working as intended.
    • Up x 23
  3. Tommyp2006

Recert when? I wanna throw those certs I put into irnv into thermal. Night isnt dark enough to warrant an actual nightvision
    • Up x 1
  4. KorJax

Personally I never thought it made sense to actually make it so NV just highlighted everything

Now it actually works as nightvision.

Get used to it!
    • Up x 15
  5. IronWarrior

Yeah no real point to using NV now, it's more of a hindrance now.

I have no problems using TH and already use it on some vehicles but for ESF's the reduced range will hurt them a lot more since Infantry will only render when you get close and since you forced to use TH, you will have to get even closer.
  6. GRiMtox

That's right. But it is a extrem nerf and the reaction for this is, that noone will use NV in the future. The certs the players have invested are also wasted. And a recert item is planed for october - total crap.
  7. Nocturnal7x

Why god why, no one wanted this!!!!!

No one wanted this!!!!
  8. KorJax

It's not an extreme nerf and my certs I've invested into it aren't wasted. Sorry to hear you feel this way though.

Anywho, I've spent too much time on the official forums today.
    • Up x 4
  9. Predatorus

I have always been in favor of using NV over Thermal just for the cost factor alone, but that definitely seems like a changer for me. I would like at the changes when I get in game and perhaps throw up a video.
  10. Riku

This hurts ESF; I'd actually keep NV on my rotary if it was needed at all - nights are everything but dark in PlanetSide 2. So yeah, if it is "working as intended" like the haters say then it may as well be removed from the game unless you make it worthwhile (darker nights).
    To add insult to injury the ranges on both optics tooltips are completely off, they're far shorter than the tooltip states.

Cheers
  11. Goden

Actually NV gets darker as the range falls off. It's actually harder to see with it on. Especially with the added DoF. IF they want to revamp it into a real NV scope then by all means - but that isn't what it is right now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Benton!

Maybe we are getting darker nights...! :D

*CHEER*
  13. Spyrius

I was about to say exactly the same:

Night vision FINALLY looks more like a true night vision, not like some ridiculous comic book style outlines, and it justifies the costs of thermal optics

The new NV looks cool to me and yes, the NV has been nerfed but as it should be from the very beginning; the things are back to normal - you want better higlighted enemies you shoud spend more certs, not less... I think that`s simple.
    • Up x 3
  14. MajorZbug

Now the 200 certs equipment is actually better than the 50 one. WOW, INCREDIBLE !
    • Up x 3
  15. LonelyTerran

16. Quovatis

If thermal made infiltrators light up (as it should), I'd be fine with the change.
    • Up x 2
  17. ShadowAquilaX

Did this go live with GU11 or is this PTS?
  18. GRiMtox

Also it is an indirect little buff for the VS. You have the best camo.

It's live now.
    • Up x 1
  19. Loegi

Pretty annoyed by this. I certed into the NV because it highlighted enemies, not because the green tint. Large changes of mechanics like this and the Saron, and the lockons before that should come with a free refund.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zakuak

Hmmm...

Ok on one side I'm a bit bumbed but NV acted like thermal and that was not correct in my mind so while I have NV on all my vehicles I will now actually get Thermal and try it out, no biggy, looks good IMO.
    • Up x 1