The whole revive stealing bs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Cookiepiledriver, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Eric Smith

I agree, and that's coming from a non-medic perspective. I don't want to be revived by a level 1 medic anymore than the level 6 medic wants to have his ressing me overridden by the level 1 medic. I'd *MUCH* rather get revived by the level 6 medic so I don't come back and instantly die to the first bullet that grazes me.

What we need is for the Revive screen to give us the option to choose which medic we want to res us. If more than one medic revives the same person the death screen should list all medics, and their tool level, that have ressed. Then I get to make an informed choice about who revives me. I'd also like to see an auto decline option available. There's times when I want to respawn when I die so I can change classes or even go somewhere else (to get a vehicle or even to leave the battle entirely). So I hit decline and go to pick my respawn location and the same idiot tries to res me again. I hit decline and go to hit the Spawn button and he tries to res me again. I mean, really, I don't want to be revived by you leave me alone will you already?
    • Up x 4
  2. Dictatorfish

I was just about to write a reply to this topic. This guy beat me to it with exactly what I was going to write. Mighty bizarre.

Vote for Eric Smith!
  3. Skadi

90% of the people i rez, run the **** away from me for about 5 minuites untill they realise im trying to heal them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eric Smith

Almost everyone is going to run for cover, which they may or may not find efficiently, because they don't want to die to the next bullet graze. If you've been fully healed, or almost fully healed, it doesn't hurt to run for cover. If you are level 1 ressed then you HAVE to run for cover. There are idiots that keep going, or run right back into battle despite having no shields and half health, but most are probably just trying to find appropriate cover.
    • Up x 2
  5. Skadi

well i can understand when someone runs for cover, but when i rez them and they start running around like a maniac, and in some cases INTO enamy fire, which in some cases ive been pm'd cussing me out i didnt heal them after i rezzed...
  6. alecholman

If you're a medic (I play about 50/50 HA/Medic) and you rezz me to 20% then run off without healing me, there is an 80% chance that I will kill you
    • Up x 1
  7. Shadowhunter1

that is a really good idea. i have become a medic snob. "IF" i don't recognisze the name, and or have been rezzed by the person before, i never accept it. damn lowbie medics need to learn to pump points in their med gun.
  8. Eric Smith

Yeah... I know the feeling. I only started playing medic in the last week. I saved up a couple hundred points to dump into my Tool and Ability. Right now I've got level 5 Tool and Ability. I've finally decided on which gun I want to use, so now I've got to drop a couple hundred points there, and would like to pick up C4 and Triage, so it'll be a while before I get level 6. Still, level 5 rez isn't bad, so I don't have to feel guilty about rezzing people; I didn't even bother before I got the level 4 (it's only 90 certs total, anyone playing a medic should at least get level 4).
  9. Homeros

I agree. I experienced this for about an hour ago. The enemy had thrown grenades and killed a whole team, we were three medics helping them. I realized that the two other medics ran around only reviving them, so I took the lone responsibility to heal all the dam soldiers myself. I don't think noobs are reading on the forums, so your idea is a must.
  10. Achmed20

isnt this allready they way it works?
    i dont get the progress circle if some1 else is allready reviving the player.
  11. RachelGomez

Yeah I love it when people scream "I need a medic!" and then run around so I can't heal them.
  12. }{ellKnight

There should be an option added to the V menu to tell them "SIT THE F**K STILL AND I'll HEAL YOU!"

You can hold down your spot key and select offer healing but that's not very effective. What I do is shoot next to them so they can see bullets hitting the ground near them. Then they stop and I heal.
  13. dysfunkt

I can understand the frustration of having a rez stolen or being rezzed by a low level tool, but I feel displaying the level of the tool on the rez dialog box would cause more problems than it would solve. A lot of people would just ignore low level rezes and hope for a better medic to show up which would really make rezing an unthankful job for lowbies.

The best and harmless solution would be to simply deny rez overriding if the tool is of equal or lower level
    • Up x 3
  14. Bonster

My husband told me to just keep the medic gun on the corpse going until they accept. He also has max level medic gun and in Teamspeak tells people not to accept rezzes from other people since his is maxed out, Outfit members see him rezzing and know they're going to pop with full health.
  15. JonboyX

If you could see your health going up as you were being revived, you could at least opt to tap-in or tap-out.

Personally; I think you should be able to "heal" dead corpses... and at 40% the corpse could choose to accept a rez or wait until their health got higher. That way; medics with better stuff can get you past 40% a lot faster and with a lot less chance of dying themselves. As a recipient, there's no chance of accidentally accepting a 40% health rez.
  16. stug41

This happened to me my last session. I normally am not bothered by stealers, I have lvl 6 aoe and med tool already so I'm in no rush for points; but for the first time I had noticed someone deliberately stealing all of my revives and he had a low level tool. So I shot him.
    • Up x 2
  17. JWizzle

Eh, I'll usually let it slide if it's in a firefight. If it's at the end of a firefight, however, and we're taking toll of the dead, I will pop a fellow medic in the face for trying to override if he/she does it too much.
  18. queue

As a level 6 tool owner, if I am in a big battle, I watch how much ex is rezzed from other medics in the area. If there are low level medics in the area, I will steal their rezzes for the simple fact that in battle we need to get them up and fighting asap.

If you are a low level medic, stick to healing and keeping the living alive. Leave the rezzing to the professionals. :)

I don't care about XP or certs (other than getting my lvl6 medic/engineer tools) and my K/D is 0.4 because I completely support my squad and die many times while repairing. I do like the option that the dead person can pick which rez they use.
  19. Vanyaeli

You get points for assisting in killing an enemy, why not just introduce a 'revive assist' bonus? I'm not going to bother trying to work out who gets how many points but I think that this would be the easiest way to solve the issue. Maybe increase the exp gain from higher level tools (from all classes) and then maybe one day everyone can be one big happy family :)
    • Up x 1
  20. Talizzar

I don't see this much and honestly have not clue how to take over a revive. I have the gun maxed out so it is not an issue. Sometimes two of hit the body at nearly the same time. Usually one of us will go to the next body.

For a revive you should set the repair "clock" come up.

People be happy that someone is trying to help you. You don't start with 1000 certs to put into healing right away. Most people are open to a quick tell, thanking them for the revive and if they are not healing right after then say hey could you heal me too???

There is also a med kit that anyone can carry that heals you! I think it is 30 certs. They are quite handy.

The flow of a battle can change. When I start a revive the area might have been clear. By the time it is done or you decide to accept the conditions could have changed for the worse. I won't revive people who put themselves in terrible places. If you run the wrong way after a revive that is on you, not me.