The whole revive stealing bs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Cookiepiledriver, Dec 21, 2012.

1. adrienger

Since you are faster to revive with a max certed medic, a level 1 medic should never be able to raise a guy you are also trying to revive. The first medic to complete his raise should be the one to get the raise, hence pitting a premium on raising with 100% health.

The way raising is locked whenever a medic has started to raise a dead guy is just stupid IMO since it s better XP wise to raise with a lv1 medic and then heal than putting massive certs in your medic and heal at 100%.
    • Up x 1
  2. Soothsayer

Now (after today's content patch) if you hold your tool active on your teammate when the revive is accepted you don't get XP. So if you try to prevent someone from stealing your rez nobody gets the XP.
  3. }{ellKnight

Really? You sure that guy didn't just get TKed? You don't get XP from TKed friendlies (maybe suicides as well, not sure).
  4. EViLMinD

I could care less about who gets the xp. As a veteran war doctor, my priority is to give all my patients the very best medical care possible. If some other medic doesn't have a full healing tool, I might step in and top a newly revived player up. All that matters is my comrade gets back into the fight with max health as soon as possible. If some scrub medic has a problem with that, and complains, I'll ignore his petty cries. If the bugger dares to shoot me - I'LL GUN HIM DOWN (or hunt his a$$ down after I respawn).

I paid my dues to become a valued support player. Some folks need to get real. Do engineers argue over who gets to repair a tank? No. They just do their job and then move on to the next task.
    • Up x 2
  5. RachelGomez

I think if a person gives a rezz, it should only be able to be overridden by a higher medic tool. If I have a level 6 tool (which I do), I should not be in fear of having my rezzes stolen by a level 1 "medic". Likewise, I should be able to overwrite their rezz so I can actually revive someone with full health and get them out of the lanes of fire. If they care so much about the XP, they can do what they do now, hold the button down.
  6. MrLee.NO

Because having 2 engineers repair the tank only benefits the tank. Having a lvl 1 tool res guy coming in after you've been there with a level 6 tool is a serious detriment to your team. The ressed player has a much higher chance of dying again immediately, and the both of them spend much more time healing the guy up, leaving both of them more exposed than if the lvl 6 tool guy just ressed and ran, and enabled the other guy to do the same.
  7. EViLMinD

My comment was aimed at low level medics who ***** at me when I heal players they've just revived. I understand how a low level medic can be a detriment when a level 6 medic is already present.
    • Up x 1
  8. commandoFi

My best solution: give a tiny fraction of normal rez XP to people with low level medguns, they can get a bit of it back by topping off the health. Perfect way to encourage people to top off health and up their medigun if they want to play medic.
  9. JudgeDreddy

I just wished respawned lives didn't count towards my death ala BF3. It sucks playing close with a team and having my k/d go to **** because I accept most revives. I know there needs to be a downside to choosing yes, but the time involved and frustration amount to enough punishment imo.
  10. Tersky

All the crap like 'oh, the poor guy with low lvl gun is just a noob who doesn't know what's he doing give him a chance' is pathetic excuse.

When I started playing the game I've tried Medic and I've seen that the way it works at lvl1 tool is ineffective. I read about it and figured that at higher levels tools work much better and faster. So I didn't bother playing Medic at all until I had enough combat experience with other classes and had enough certs to pump my tool to lvl5.

More so if you only want to play Medic there is no excuse to use low lvl tool for revives. You should learn about the class and its tools/abilities and work your way to improve it. Considering how cheap the initial tool upgrades are no Medic should have a lvl1 tool for longer than 1 hour battle.

It would be good if reviving exp reward would've been based on HP at which you revive a player. Better tool = higher reward. Will fix a lot of problems.

PS everyone who stealing revives deserves a bullet in the face.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vortok

Just hold the tool on the corpse still active for a couple seconds after the revive goes through. Nobody can steal it while you're still channeling, and most people pop up within a second or two if you got to them soon after they dropped. Not hard.
  12. Tersky

Nonsense. If you think like that you are clueless and should never play a Medic. By the time you'll revive one guy and heal him to 100% with your lvl1 tool I can revive 3-4 guys at 100% HP each with my lvl6 tool and gain far better exp on the long run.
    • Up x 1
  13. adrienger

All I'm saying is that most medic i see are doing this. My tool is lv 6 and it's the first cert I bought for more than 200cert in the game...
  14. }{ellKnight

Weird, I see most medics with at least level 4. Very rarely do I see someone with level 1 and I've seen a lot with level 5 and 6. I think it's awesome, means a lot of people are investing in their med tools (at least from my perspective)
  15. BlowSmoke

TBH i see the Xp as a bonus, but my mindset is personally too get fallen teammates back on his feet asap..
    When i see other Medics ressing someone, i run asap too a other body, the quicker we get everyone back on its feets the better it is..
    But alas thats my point of view..

Also i dont understand why they dont lock lower lvl ressing once somene is allready ressed by a high lvl res earlier..
    So the guy's with lvl4/6 Guns wont get hijjacked with lvl1 guns, and when someone with a lvl1 gun is ressing and he/she that need a ress can choose too wait a other resser, or accept the lvl1/3 res or just redepoy/respawn..

But i really, REALLY hate people that yell for healing, then i manage too get too them, and the they run the hell away from me into enemy fire, while i am litting us up with a healbeam.. I understand someone is running for cover.. But please dont take cover 600 meters away from where i am ressing you between the enemies, thats NOT the right place too take cover.. opposite
  16. hostilechild

Could swear last night if someone was rezing my tool would not even start ticking the rez (mine level 6)
    And with lvl 6 i rez so fast that the person can click Y before a lowerlvl tool steels it.

But yeah once a rez is given it should not be over ridden except by a higher lvl tool. I know i get multipl rez Y boxes sometimes when i die, typically ignore since i don't want a lvl 1 rez and die again. So the lvl indicator on rez would also be nice.
  17. Zagz

Man rezzing for XP... It's a good thing that none of you guys are real Combat Medics or even doctors. If you are, I hope you're not like that in real life.
  18. Soothsayer

Because people in the field of medicine IRL generally aren't paid well and do things for free...
  19. illgot

Revive should say what level revive is hitting you and only a higher level revive should over ride the previous revive.

I never accept revives anymore unless I know there are no enemies in the area.