The whole revive stealing bs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Cookiepiledriver, Dec 21, 2012.

1. MrLee.NO

Put more points into the Heal tool, the patient gets more HP when ressed, and the res itself is quicker...
    Players investing in their class and getting benefits from that is a curious gameplay dynamic?

As a Lvl 6 heal tool medic, I hate it when others res me with a lvl 1.

Easy solution: Each level of healing tool should lock the corpse for tools of equal or lower rank. That way, your res is only overridden if it is beneficial to the corpse/team.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheOR4CLE

Shooting another medic because he's doing his job and playing the game? I don't even...
  3. TRguy

Part of the problems from some of these posts....

Considering the game is f2p, people are going to do what they can to the best of their knowledge base. I dont think the average player is out to "steal rez" or "xp *****" from support classes. I do see from these posts people are more worried about their K/D ratio than anything.

Could the system be better? Yes.
    Should you be shooting your team anything short of intention tkr's? Prob not.

The only thing i ever see in chat when people do something incorrect or not to someones taste......is well insulting spam making the individual seem like they have terminal autism.

Either help people learn or **** and hit the redeploy button.
  4. Zagz

Seeing someone screaming about XP is one of the reason this game is struggling. Do not play Medic for XP... Ever.

You're role is to support, keep people alive and such. I'm a fully upgraded medic. When I heal, the guy is back at 100% health. Of course, I will steal all your heals but there's a reason behind it. When the guy is back up, he's 100% combat ready. I understand that it takes a while to get the 500 cert Medic gun but the one just below is only a 100 certs and that's maybe a few hours of playing.

I am a very casual player, I only play a few times a week and that's usually 2 hours at most. I do with ease, 50 certs by just playing those 2 hours.

If you don't want people to steal your rez than upgrade your medic gun and seriously, do not even TRY to give me a reason that it takes forever to build certs. I unlocked the third medic gun in one play session, few days later, I had the 100 cert one... thanks to double XP weekend, I got the final gun within 2 weeks of playing.
  5. MrGurrenLemfox

as a lv 6 medic tool user a lot of newbie medics will get killed if they tried to basically reviving people in danger zone, it is not even funny if i try to run to my teammates to revive him and when i finish and run another newbie medics try to revive my pal with a low level tool and die with my buddy revive time get reset.

A good medics will always said "Run" after you revive some one in a redzone where the TR spray and pray and VS killing everyone.
  6. Bad News

How do you unlock stuff if you don't get any exp?

I also have lvl 6 medic gun so why are you stealing my revives? wouldn't it be better for the team if you revived someone else?

A very easy and fair fix for this would be that the first person that revive so the body sit up get the exp.
  7. Zagz

If you're a fully upgraded medic and someone "steals" your rez, just take it this way. He's doing what he can to keep the team alive. He's probably not even thinking that he's stealing. Your best course of action is to either rez a different person or for the least, assist him if his revives are not 100%.

I know it's not always fun to be the one sitting back and not getting all the rez but that simply means that someone is really more pro-active than you. You'll get good at it and when you do, healing people will be a non issue.
  8. Rhinzual

Damn, this is why I wish it used PS1's mechanics. None of this leveled up medgun crap. Advanced Medic was what you used to revive and that was it. I have to use the crappy level 1 revives as a medic because hey, maybe I'm saving the certs up for the medgun itself. It's not my fault every damn useful upgrade in this game is hideously expensive. It's like a bunch of damn first graders whining over a pointless thing. Given how criminally low the TTK is in this game, I doubt you medics with a maxxed out medgun will have to walk more than four steps to find a corpse in a major zerg.
  9. stalkish

Possible solution:-
    When a medic revives you get the circle thingy that fills up. Instead of it filling all the way up for all medics it could fill half way for lvl 1 meds, the casualty is still revived but only with small health, as it is now. If a maxed out medic revives the bar would fill to the top and the casualty would have full life. If say a lvl 1 med has revived some1 and a maxed out med then tries to revive (steal as some call it) the bar would start to fill again and when at the top the casualty can revive with full health. Lower ranked med tools would have no effect on the revive if they try to 'steal' it. Of course all the med tools between lvl 1 and 6(?) will fill more of the bar.

As for XP it can be shared between the meds who do the rezing.
    Ex1. Maxed out med tool revive 200xp (has filled the bar 100%)
    Ex2. Lvl 1 Med tool revive 100xp (has filled the bar 50% so gets half of a full revive)
    Ex3. Lvl 1 med revives, but maxed out med 'tops up' the revive, 100xp each. (each medic has filled half the bar so 50% each)

Thoughts??
    • Up x 2
  10. BustaNut

I'd be totally on board with some of the suggested fixes in this thread! I can't stand losing my rezzes to the vultures and having to stand guard over my rez defeats part of the advantage of being fully levelled.
  11. Soothsayer

He's not though. You are able to tell when someone has been rezzed and is waiting to accept it. It's taking certs out of the person who did the rez in the first place.

Some people here have said they don't care about the certs and that's fine. I do care about the certs though. I also think it's rude to override a person's rez and it's detrimental to the empire to have people getting rezzed at less than optimal health.

I haven't TK'ed many for overriding rezzes because my outfit has strict anti-tk policies, but I have no problem taking down shields.

There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread.

[EDIT: When I have to hold a rez in my medic beam it prevents me from giving quality rezzes or healing to other people who need it.]
  12. DeadLamb

yeah I always try to tell clearly newbie medics over prox that they don't need to keep trying to revive people once they are sitting up. I never even mention that it's stealing XP being to be honest I don't really care. I try not to do it to other medics but I'm already like rank 43 or so. I few 100 XP here or there is not really an issue to me having fun in game..

the game has two different play styles when it comes to medics and they almost run counter to each other. Those of us with the maxed out medic tools get in the habit of reviving people on the run. It's a couple of seconds, boom done and I'm out of there. NO reason to stick around, you're already going to get up at 100% health.

the other medics get in the habit of wait, wait, waiting for the person to revive, then they have to (or more should) wait and heal them back up. So when they see someone on the ground it's programed into them that "I need to wait and heal him too!!" so they lock the beam on them right away and wait..

I'm going to guess that the bulk of them don't even know about the whole "revive steal" issue. Oh I'm sure a few do but in a game with this many players one has to think most don't..
  13. Bad News

He is ruin his teams chance of winning. When you steal a revive from someone with lvl 6 gun the guy you revive will have a much less chance to survive. there is no excuse to revive someone that have already been revived, only useless idiots would do that.
    • Up x 1
  14. vincent-

My GOD!

I don't come here often, but is this how you guys act!?
  15. Vreki

I assume "here" is the Internet, in which case the answer is "Yes!".
    • Up x 1
  16. PsyStorm

I also am unable to rez certain players who already have been ressed. Is it possible that the bug where players are hitting accept and it now working is the culprit? Maybe they can't accept the first rez so it allows another person or you to do it again? Not sure just saying :)
  17. Curse_Gamerkin

I love having a max medic tool and low levels stealing revives with level 1 tools, this doesnt need to be fixed, keep it the way it is!
  18. Fyrre

this, i had to log in and quote this, as a player who mains as a medic on vanu, i agree to this, im a medic for selflessness for the better of my team, i see HUGE battles, but what sickens me if people will see that as, not a chance to help, but certs, so many level 1 medics (ive even seen rezz ****** with camo, as if that makes them more help worthy) come out for the exp, over riding the proper high rank medics, and, of course, not staying to heal the wounded, turn exp off, if you wanna exp *****? be a ******* engi with a sundy, leave the medics to the real team players
  19. ArcMinuteLight

Oh man guys, this is really funny. Medics fighting each over revives.

Lets break down how ridiculously rewarded Medics are for a pointing and clicking a friendly.
    75xp, 100xp if the poor sap is part of your squad. Followed by at least 55 exp if your med-gun under level 3, add another 55 if hes in your squad.
    75+55= 130 or 100+55+55= 210

That is almost as much and sometimes is more than a kill, and you guys are pissing over each other about who gets how much of this absurd profit?
    Medics are basically the cert throne douchebags of Planetside 2, their kingdoms built on the very blood of their own comrades.
    On top of this you got medics going as far as to shoot each other with their may I mention perfectly kill-gain-able assault rifles over simple revives.

So medics get exp both from easy revive/heals and kills at an absurd amount, I won't lie, medic is my cert farm class I use for certing my other classes, and I have never found a person who was unhappy that I would revive and spend the time healing him while being shot at simply for exp. Sometimes extrinsic motivation and intrinsic support help each other out.
  20. Rhumald

I have noted two Resurrection bugs:

1: try to res them before their death animation expires, and they disappear, without the "accept res" prompt

2: if they're in a vehicle and they die, you cannot resurrect their body... I feel that if you cannot resurrect someone, they should have no body to try and res, and doing so leaves you exposed.