The Warden Battle Rifle [NC]

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by hamflap, Nov 28, 2012.

1. hamflap

That's how it should be. TR gets the bonus with fast firing weapons like carbines because the ROF makes them lethal, VS gets the bonus with longer range weapons because of the lack of drop, and NC has the advantage with shotguns and LMG because of the punching power in CQC. If that means the TR battle rifle is inferior to the other two then so be it, because they'll have weapons that are slightly more OP in other categories.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ghoest

But that now how the game actually works.

When playing the actual game bloomlock wins all.
    • Up x 1
  3. Krinje

All of the battle rifles are severely out performed by most of the engineer and HA weapon choices for all 3 factions.

I find they are plagued with a recoil that is to high to make any meaningful followup shots at a distance, and considering you need 5 shots for a body kill, It becomes a useless piece of inaccurate crap.

In medium ranges, it is flat outperformed, while recoil isn't an issue any more, the RoF leaves wanting, and the TTK is sooo damn long assuming you don't miss, one miss is death against any automatic.

A close range, well this is just obvious, your dead, I've had a few hipfire dance spamfests I won solely on the "sniper shotgun" factor, but that is it.

It either needs more raw power (imo not so good idea) or substantially less recoil (like .5 or .6 instead of 1) so that the 4 follow up shots necessary are possible.

If they add more "Battle Rifles" I'd love to see a burst fire version.
  4. TheBloodEagle

Rather them take a second look than add more.
  5. Grixxitt

Just FYI I did some testing this weekend and the Warden does the same exact damage as the Semi-auto scout rifle except it has twice the mag size and twice the ammo pool.

Tested point blank and at roughly 100 meters.
    If the Battle rifles are underpowered I feel even worse for the Infiltrators.
    Their non-sniper selection is just terrible
    • Up x 1
  6. Skiidzman

I played NC beta with the Warden and oof, bad weapon.
  7. Steppa

I've loved the M-1 and M-14 type weapon from other shooters so the Warden feels like something I've used before. Just for giggles, I even put a 1x scope on it to see how it would work up close. Not great, but fun...!

Speaking of which...in a universe of high-tech, why don't we have scope with adjustable characteristics OR utilize those pouches and boxes on our uniform/armor to hold other rail gear for swapping in the field as the situations demand? I'd even put up with a 30-60 sec progress bar to do so.
    • Up x 1
  8. kellendarkside

Agree with most of these posts the battle rifles suck and are way too situational compared to other weapons. The bullet drop needs to be reduced I mean even pistols in stalker call of pripyat have less drop then the warden and it is supposed to be a rifle but instead it feels almost like shooting a tank round with huge drop only way less damage. Currently the battle rifles are only effective as a deterrent and harasser you can actually almost kill people faster using your pistol especially if its close range.
  9. TheBloodEagle

WRONG.

All the Battle Rifles do 250 max damage
    • semi-auto Scout Rifle does 334 max
    • semi-auto Sniper Rifle does 400 max
    • bolt action Sniper Rifle does 750-800 max
    This is taken from the Weapon Data Sheets.
  10. RavenGenesis

semi-auto scout does 250 minimum, same as the warden

he IS correct at the stats in some aspect
  11. TheBloodEagle

12. Romalic

ive unlocked all 3 factions battle rifles and although data may say they are about the same, they arent, the VS one has terrible damage dropoff at anything beyond medium range, sometimes as much as doubling the number of hits you need to take someone down, i frequently avoid firing on full health people because i know that i wont be able to land enough hits to kill before they find cover

the warden and the AMR are much more forgiving in the damage dropoff, i can drop pod into a large base, set up in a nice out of the way spot and plough people under for a good 10 mins before someone figures out where i am as either TR or NC because it takes far less shots, so less chance of tracking me down before you die, the VS one, hmm, nowhere near as good at range

but lets face it they are a lacklustre weapon all around, damage is too low and bullet drift from a crouching shot is quite bad for a precision weapon, ill still use them but mainly for the cert medal unlocks
    • Up x 1
  13. Cavadus

Says the NC scum who will be getting the best BR in this scenario. I'm sure that has nothing to do with your opinion, though.

I'm sure you also think that our lack of an actual MBT is completely compensated by the CARV too :rolleyes:
  14. TheEvilBlight

The Eidolon is the Pulsar of PS1. Don't get into a shootout with someone shooting at you?
  15. TheBloodEagle

I wonder if the Warden follows the rest of the NC weapons min damage stats overall. The min damage isn't listed but many of the NC weapons have a bit higher min damage at a slightly further out range than TR weapons. Example: NC = 167 @ 85m and TR = 125 @ 65m. Also from the data sheets, the VS overall have a lower min damage but the distance is much further than TR & NC (so damage potential loss is more gradual). Example something like: NC/TR = 250 @ 85m and VS 200 @ 125m.
  16. Croak

Messing around a bit with the Warden after the patch, looks like it's been tweaked a bit.

First off, it lost that awesome sniper rifle sound, and sounds the same with or without a compensator.

Secondly, projectile speed is higher, and drop is less. It suddenly got a lot more useful at range.
  17. Cavadus

Excellent. Can't wait to put a few rounds between some eyeballs tonight with my AMR-66.
  18. Grixxitt

At least test it out yourself before spewing diarrhea all over my post.
    I tested at 10M and at 100M like I said, engineer to infiltrator. They do the same exact damage. The ONLY difference is that the scout rifle has half the magazine and half the ammo pool, other than that the rifles are the same.

Also, the datasheet your quoting doesn't have a min/max figure for the battle rifles. It should be 334/250 (just like the scouts) not 250/whatever
  19. TheBloodEagle

Oh so subjective data (yours) trumps actual numbers? That's diarrhea. They show the MAX damage. Not Min damage.

Because of course they would give HA & Engineers the exact same weapon as the Infiltrator.

HERP DERP
  20. Grixxitt

Actually its better, twice the ammo capacity.

You still haven't taken the 30 seconds to test it yourself I take it?