The Warden Battle Rifle [NC]

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by hamflap, Nov 28, 2012.

1. hamflap

Was playing yesterday and can confirm that the battle rifle does indeed handle differently now. It's tweaked enough that I would now say it is perfectly acceptable for it's intended purpose, gg.
    • Up x 1
  2. Deladin

Just to update since I found this and for a heads up. EVERY gun you get as an infil will have scope wander, where the others classes will not(no wander on the battle rifles)

Just to give an example. The impetus semi-auto scout rifle with a 2x reflex scope...has scope sway. Yes there is scope sway for a reflex sight, but ONLY on infiltrator guns. meaning you still have to hold **** when shooting at close ranges with your reflex sight in order to be as accurate as an engineer using a semi-auto scout rifle with a 2x reflex. Kinda lazy in my opinion on SOE's part.
  3. piottras

4. KnightCole

The NC4 Mag shot is better then the Warden at the Warden's job. It fires faster.

What the Warden needs is a faster RoF, similar to that of a Pistol or just slower and a better Degradation rate.
  5. Erendil

Yep all three Battle Rifles severely underperform. The AMR-66 seems to be the worst (even though its stats are identical to the Warden, its SPM is much lower).

One the PTS Battle Rifles are getting a minor buff.
    • Min Damage range increased from 65m to 75m
    • Min Damage increased from 200 to 225
    • Reload speed .1s faster
    • Equip time .1s faster
    It's not enough but at least it shows the Devs acknowledge that there's an issue.
  6. KnightCole

Well, yeah, that is a nice start but lets next see

• Increase RoF from 333 to 351
    • Min Damage drop off increased to 85m
    • Max damage drop off increased to 15m
    • Velocity increased to 600m/s

8m is pretty bleh for a long ranged weapon
  7. ghostwalkn

• Velocity increased to 600m/s
    This Please! These are rifles meant to outrange the automatic capabilities of the Gauss Saw and the like. Why shouldn't they have the same effective range and dropoff with just some extra impact? As they are it's worse! And they're semi automatics afterall.

Whenever I try to use the Warden (fully customized) I feel as though the bullet drop completely negates the experience. I could still burst fire with LMG at the current effective range for these BR.

In context the AMR is at least truthful, the Warden is a blatant lie:

And the eidolon? trollolol

The heavy-hitting Eidolon VE33 features accurate semi-automatic fire capable of dropping distant targets with ease.

The accurate Warden semi-automatic battle rifle is effective at stopping infantry far past the typical LMG or carbine.

The semi-automatic AMR-66 battle rifle uses powerful cartridges that hold considerable stopping power up to medium range.
  8. Phos!

It seems like they want to buff its work at range but right now it really seems to recoil too much at range. That really needs to go down a notch.

On a heavy assault, there are many clearly better choices, but this weapons becomes a slightly better prospect on an engineer. It is only moderately outclassed by each faction's sniping carbine.

I've actually had decent luck spam clicking the AMR-66, kinda funny really. Sometimes I use it and do well, others it seems like I really shouldn't have bothered.
  9. Mhak

I think it just needs a bullet velocity and accuracy while moving buff.

It's a battle rifle, why do the rounds travel as slow as a carbine? It makes no sense, especially considering it's a weapon made to engage targets at a longer range than any other HA weapon. And if it's a marksmanship rifle, why is the COF so bad while moving? On my engi I have trouble landing shots even at medium range targets while moving due to the bullets having pretty poor accuracy while moving, and due to slow bullets.
  10. KnightCole

Ive gotten a few Warden kills point blank hip firing it or on guys who never saw it coming...have yet to really kill anyone who was firing back.