[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. AgentEpsilon

that needs to change as well because frankly, the curved and round designs that we have look like garbage
  2. Zorro

It would be better to have creatively designed curved and round shapes than pseudo-modern weapon models.
    • Up x 1
  3. Irathi

This thread should be bumped and liked until SOE fixes a center turret for the prowler.

Sometimes I wonder why we bother "Upping" a thread, this one has probably more "ups" than most other threads, yet no SOE response.
  4. Heyitsrobbie1984

i would have liked to think that all TR equipment would look like super scifi russian hardware. like this

[IMG]

If possible can we have a visual overhaul of the Terran Republic? they need a refresh big time
    • Up x 2
  5. focart

more bullets? no thanks.
  6. Ixidron

An interesting idea for a prowler ability:

Low caliber rounds:

Replace main gun high caliber rounds with low caliber round drums (Removes some ammo from the pool and begins a reload cycle).
    You now have 12 rounds in your cannon, they deal less damage, but you can fire faster, they have better DPS than default rounds.
    If you want to switch to normal rounds just reload your gun.
    60 seconds cooldown, like any other ability, once you spend those 12 rounds you reload normal high caliber rounds.

I think it fits the more bullets, more dps less damage mentality.
    • Up x 3
  7. PastalavistaBB

SOE would never allow this because of the better Infantry killing potential. It would make the Prowler an IFV.
  8. Ixidron

Well, that depends on the damage, if it's low enough people might think twice before firing, for example 475, you need 3 rounds to kill any infantryman, 4 with level 3 flak, and 5 with max level flak, and your limit is 12 rounds.
  9. EliteEskimo

I want this to be our tank so bad, and yes the Prowler needs a major visual overhaul so it doesn't look like a lunch box.:p
    • Up x 2
  10. Shadowhunter1

SOE PLEASE LOOK AT THIS CHART!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. PlatoonLeaderG

Guys i already give up,and its better for you all.TR isnt going to change and its gonna be the same NS empire as it is,if you are not satisfied play NC or VS and have fun
  12. Drakatth

The TR should be the tanky guys, with lots of armor and less damage, because they are a world government that governs by force. The NC should be the agile guys, because they are rebels, and rebels are generally experts at handling with precarious supply lines and use lots of hit-and-run tactics, and the VS should deal more damage because of their alien technology.
  13. EliteEskimo

I'm not 100% certain but they may have made that chart themselves lol. Then again they may have forgotten about it, much like they forgot how much the TR hated lock down on their Maxes in PS1 and gave them the same ability a second time in PS2.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  14. Shadowhunter1

i bet 1500 SC they forgot about the chart.
  15. Minngarm

The TR would look the exact opposite of "Sci fi Russian hardware" The NC follow the Russian combat doctrine. TR follow a NATO doctrine.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zorro

May I ask what these combat doctrines are?
  17. Blarg20011

I assume that he thinks Pact doctrine is slow, powerful tanks, and NATO is fast and weak, but in fact it is exactly the opposite. In game TR is actually more soviet and NC more Western.
    • Up x 1
  18. Minngarm

To over simplify it the ruskies went with a big power concept, such as the standard 7.62 round which can punch through most vehicles and several people with ease. While NATO went with a more minmalist concept such as the 5.56 (22 caliber) that would have enough force to penetrate a man at range and not much else.

The big reasons for it being that we discovered you dont need to blow a hole through a man to kill him. In fact the better way to do it, and what happened to a late buddy of mine when he had a accidental discharge into his chest; was that when you penetrate with the 5.56 it has only enough force to make a entry wound and bounce around off hard organs and bone, it cant punch through for the most part. So what it does is it rattles around and makes a bit of soup out of your innards, making you bleed out internally. He, like all its other victims, did not go quickly per say.

Now the idea is that smaller round, more ammo, just enough to kill a man. While the ruskies went with a round that would turn a camel head inside out if you hit.

Basically the NC have far more in common with the ruskies due to military concepts in use while the TR resemble NATO for the same reasons.
  19. iPlague

Can't believe this thread didn't even get any Dev attention at all. Are they sleeping on the job?
    • Up x 1
  20. Heyitsrobbie1984

idea

SOE should offer a complete reskin for theit infantry as well. and while they are at it they can get rid of the 2 shades of grey from the uniform and replace it with an earth colour, probably tan or brown, something like that