[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Dr Droste

Thanks, i'm glad you like it :D Yeah about the back edge, i had the shape of the Logo in mind, though its actually a bit to clinched to put the logo there. think that needs a bit fine tuning.

will do!
    • Up x 2
  2. Thor04

I like that turret but something is off with that gun and there is not place to put secondary gun.
  3. Kerunian

4. TheBloodEagle

Very cool! What would you do with the secondary turret? Also would love to see what you would do with the chassis. Also, just personal opinion but right now the back gives me a VS feel. Again, just personal opinion.

Inspiration for Chassis (M60 Tank):
    http://data3.primeportal.net/tanks/riso_horcik/m60a3/images/m60a3_02_of_69.jpg (love the way the exhaust looks here)

-------------------

Unrelated idea but two secondaries would be very fitting for TR. Imagine two Kobalts on the turret. Many modern MBTs have two guns on top. You wouldn't be able to put two hard hitting or heavy weapons but something like a Kobalt and Walker I think would be sensible, no? A 3-man MBT would be quite interesting or even 4-man MBT (1 driver, 3 gunners). I think more manned guns is a definite TR trait.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Shadowomega

Just to let you know later this week I should have the armor concept overhaul complete as I am just finishing up the first draft. Was slowed down thanks to WDS & the fact other concepts that would tie in with the tank overhaul, metagame, and Anti-Infantry based Explosives came at the same time.
    • Up x 3
  6. TheBloodEagle

Not sure if all of you have seen this & if not, does it change anything for what you think our faction should have?

[IMG]
  7. SprintingGhost

If this is going to happen, will the New weapons be added or will old ones be replaced, if So, how about the dozen of people who've spent certs and station cash on weps, it's going to be a pain in the *** to refund the thousands of TR players...
  8. Dr Droste

on top of the turret is a little platform for the secondary, though i feel like it is a bit to small. ^^

well that sounds interesting. would love to do a complete redesign but at the moment i have to do other stuff. maybe i will make one in the future :)
    but i think if i would make one, i would completely change the tank. i would come away from that bulky box design and give it a more authentic tank design. also i would make it more agressiv and sharp edged though still keeping some round elements to fit the TR aesthetics. To get this look i would stretch the chassis to the lenght of ~almost the vanguard but with a more stlanted front. i also would stretch the turret a bit to fit the new chassis or maybe i would make a complete new turret then. :D

Maybe i show you a more serious work of mine as an example (but this is still work in progress):
    Imagine this tank but with a bit more rounded elements and two guns
    [IMG]

yeah true ^^
    • Up x 2
  9. EliteEskimo

My hopes would be they would give TR more weapons, as the other factions get new weapons, but in addition redesign and repurpose the current ones we have so it's more diverse like the NC Arsenal. For instance I doubt TR would get pissed off if the Lynx or T-32 Bull, both currently unpopular and underutilized, were refurbished and repurposed to do fulfill different roles. On another note are people going to be demanding refunds for the Vulcan if they make it usable in the 200-300 meter instead of around 100? Lol, my guess is the TR will be happy their weapon is garbage or mediocre.
    • Up x 5
  10. Dr Droste

yupp i really dont care if they change any weapons. to be honest there is almost no difference between the Rhino and Bull (maybe the 2x zoom of the Bull plays for that weapon). Almost all weapons feel the same.
    Only The TRV for the Medic sticks out a bit. But im pretty sure SOE never planed to give us such a weapon and its just a weird coincidence or bug xD

Also i have to say i kinda like the new TRAP. not because it is over effective or something. but its fun to play a "sniper" within an effectiveness range between 2-80 meter.
  11. Shadowomega

12. NovaAustralis

My biggest let down from the start with TR stuff was this:
    [IMG]
    Expectation:

Reality:

(Same goes for the Vulcan to some extent...)

MORE DAKKA!

*drool*
    • Up x 5
  13. Ketadine

Bump

A dev comment would be appreciated, thanks !
  14. -Synapse-

Seems they're progressing at a snails pace, but progressing nonetheless. The new weapon audio is much appreciated, but in regards to the weapon model refurbishings that have been going on for the past few months across all factions; it's not enough. When SOE "Remodels" a weapon they take bits and pieces from existing guns and rearange them to make something that looks almost unique.

We don't want guns with different-looking stocks, receivers, and barrels. We want unique models that all have different shapes and design language.

Examples of unique weapons:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Heyitsrobbie1984

16. Heyitsrobbie1984

17. Typhoeus

You're necro'ing this thread. TR got its revamp. They changed weapon sounds and changed the lynx's model, fire rate and damage per bullet.
  18. -Synapse-

One weapon and a couple sound effects is hardly a revamp.
    • Up x 3
  19. Heyitsrobbie1984

Too right. you know im gonna keep necroing the thread until they get the message :p
    • Up x 1
  20. Strikejk

#BansheeForProwler
    #BeFairSoe
    #ESFNosegunOnMBT's!
    #PPAShotgunBanshee