The "real" reason why ZOE is OP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Unclematos7

They didn't. Probably because they realized that the ability is so bad that fixing this would be a nerf.
  2. lilleAllan

zony online entertainment
    • Up x 2
  3. Tylerso12

zony?
  4. Taemien

ZOE is the only Empire specific MAX ability that makes the Charge ability obsolete. While there are reasons to use Charge for the NC and TR, the VS have no reason to use it.

The ability to sprint once every 45 seconds is replaced by the ability to run nearly the same speed at will.

Not talking about the Aegis Shield (which has some issues), the ability to move and deal more damage compared to the TR's no movement plus more damage is obviously an imbalance.

The Aegis Shield has its own issues. Its not blocking damage from the front. I've actually swapped back to using Charge because the Aegis Shield no longer even works to stop damage. I don't know if this is a bug or not. But it just doesn't stop any damage. It definitely needs a fix, because as far as I know, Lockdown and ZOE at least WORK.
  5. Nephera

Of course he doesn't know that, nobody watches those.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pony Plot Lover

How to balance this Max imba and make everyone happy and not complain on forum like lil girlz anymore:

VS - leave ZOE as is

NC - Make shield 100% protected from front and 50% protected from side, slightly increase walking speed, and make right arm able to fire weapon

TR - Able to move at slow speed while lockdown, give accuracy buff on AI weapon (but not fracture/dual burster buff) and 360 field of view instead of 180.

there i solved all your problems
  7. BraSS

Im pretty sure the VS max was outperforming the other 2 maxs before the abilities were introduced, which made the ZOE shoot them into god mode.

Not sure why people thought it was the worst max back then and wouldnt pull them ever, I guess 4th faction fotm applies, everyone was NC pulling hackmax instead because IT was "OP"... within 10m
    • Up x 1
  8. MrMurdok

At Forumside 2, we support a ZOE free enviroment

It has now been [30 SECONDS] without a ZOE Thread.
    • Up x 3
  9. Pootisman

Well, SOE didnt for a long time. It took SOE 6 months or so to realize that ZOE is overpowered. Finally they announced they will nerf it, but only god knows how many months we have to wait again for the actual MAX balancing patch. In the meantime, VS happily continues spamming ZOEs and farming kills/certs. Its understandable that players are pissed and come to the forums to complain about ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lividicus!

Please provide evidence that ZOE was nerfed. Making them glow to see them easier does NOT make them any less deadly. They could carry a 10' flag and glow pink and they still would be OP. The problem is that they can kill you in 1/2 second, while a normal infantry has to dump 2 magazines into a ZOE to down it.

Another question, if ZOE is so balanced how do you explain the numerous amounts of people that won't fight against the VS at all because of it?

There are many VS players that agree the ZOE needs fixed. I fully respect those men but do not respect those that won't admit that the ZOE needs a bit of work. I dare you to grab a lock-down or aegis and take on a ZOE, you'll come back to the forums crying because the glowing purple monster beat you down and took your wallet. True story

.................................. You solved nothing...... In fact, implementing these changes would only worsen the situation. I'm assuming you're tired or hungry, I'd suggest a bowl of Wheaties then come back when your heads on straight.

Something as OP as the ZOE should not be in the game at all, period! Making the NC and TR max units just as good as ZOE will only result in Maxside 2. No reason to play HA when you have a walking tank!
  11. NylaJess

U know wut is the funny thing about this incompetents Devs for instance if they give something to NC and is "OP" will be just matter of 2 - 3 days for they make new patch and released to Nerf it to ground bcoz was mistake.
    Devs words "crap we made huge mistake NC got OP, we have to Nerf it ASAP"
    If u see history of the Devs biased regarding factions there is 1 faction who usualy gets "good" things, we all know with empire that is and for the Devs actually do something about it after will take them up to 6 months minimum to do something about it as u said, u have few exemples but ill just mention this 1 of many, the Magrider how long they took to nerf it!!!! :rolleyes:
    Until the Devs start to look to all the factions and try to balance them the best as possible in general, PS2 will never be balanced game as it should be or even population wise. Devs are the ones who are screwing the game in terms of balance no 1 else.
    Clearly Devs have 1 favourite Faction only.
    Devs Like Donald Trump would say: You're Fired
    • Up x 2
  12. Lividicus!

You may want to edit this. I may just be getting old at age 25, because I didn't understand half of what you said. Spell check would have a field day with you..... Not trying to be rude, but seriously, you need some help kid.
  13. W0rthy

Aegis has a near instant shield up/down, almost no delay.

You CAN reload with shield up, that's part of its feature otherwise it would suck.. although the reload sometimes bugs. I use it like that with falcon and mattocks. Shoot, r, shield up. Done. Shield down, shoot, r, shield up. Rince repeat.

Can't fire with shield up listed as con? Really, you want to have like 99% resist and being able to fire?

Lockdown: Limited forward aiming arch? 90* and full vertical. Lockdown is a beast with pounder/fracture AV to take down dumbfires before they take you down. And also very beastly at ranged targets. It also is superb max AA. That you can't move is necessary with that kind of firepower. You should not be able to move a prowler whilst anchored either. Stating otherwise is assinine, a prowler can drive up near a mag, anchor and take out the mag before it does enough damage.

Sitting still is not really that disadvantageous when you can outdamage the target with near hitscan velocity weapons, close or at range. Because that evens the playingfield of the target having the mobility.

Personally i really enjoy lockdown and aegis (lockdown a bit more than aegis), far more than i do ZOE, but i do see your point about activation delay. Could have 1.5 seconds activation/deactivation delay to get it in line with the other two. But definately no cooldown.
  14. Leonidas423

I'm pretty sure he was stating that NC MAXs can't fire with shields up, and that's a con. I'm also pretty sure he didn't mean he would "like 99% resist and being able to fire." I don't think ANYBODY ever said that W0rthy. I think I mentioned this to you about not putting words in oter people's mouths?

Yes, you can use the Aegis shield to reload, but no, it is not near-instant like ZOE. And what are you gonna do about the guys not directly in front of you? Still confused on that point.

"Lockdown: Limited forward aiming arch? 90* and full vertical. Lockdown is a beast with pounder/fracture AV and AA and mercy's. Or onslaught in enclosed spaces. That you can't move is necessary with that kind of firepower. "

You do realize that you are the only person advocating for lockdown. It has been proved useless time and time again. And this is just theory crafting on your part, making up a hypothetical situation that suits your argument. I know this because you have 61 total kills with Mercies, 6 total kills with Fractures, and you don't even have Onslaught unlocked.
  15. BraSS

Fixed that for you.. or better yet,

• Up x 1
  16. GhostAvatar

Do you know what a straw man argument is? If not, just read you post again and you will know it.
  17. Pirbi

I've never been able to hit reload with the shields up. I always need to drop it, hit reload and raise it. Which makes you a bit too open with no real suppression ability during that time. So there is more weapon management there than with Zoe which is just always on and doesn't need to be off to reload. Now sometimes they patch things and I don't realize it. So maybe reload behind shield is now possible. I'll try it.
  18. GhostAvatar

Striker anyone? Several threads a day, even people complaining after it was nerfed. Oh and guess what, it was dead last as well in the ESRL before it was nerfed. So yeah, suck it up because it is the VS turn now.
  19. Phazaar

I hate the 'Do you know what 'X' logical fallacy is? If not reread your post' crap the younger generations come out with now. 99% of the time, they're wrong and have stretched the definition too far, as you have here.

A straw man argument is where you create an argument your opponent is NOT using but that is easier to counter than their argument and use knocking down that argument to seem as if you knocked down their actual argument.

If you can show me where that occurred in my post, go right ahead.

If I'd said "Your argument is invalid, because world peace is obviously better than world war, but world war has more individual pros than world peace", somewhere in my post, I'd happily bow to your pseudo-intellectual counter. What I -actually- said was that the TYPE of argument is invalid, because it isn't allowing for the weighting of relative pros and cons, as some pros (no more war) are probably of more value than others (renewed sense of patriotism). Thus, I think there's a pretty strong argument to say that your suggestion that I was attempting to use a straw man argument is in fact a straw man argument.

I even then went on to explain that the actual conclusion to the OP's post is correct, because when one improves the argument to actually include the weighting of pros and cons, ZOE still sits head and shoulders above the rest. It's damned hard to see how I could possibly be using a straw man argument when not in disagreement with the premises, or the conclusion...

Maybe chill out and read; worry less about what form arguments take, since you've clearly got a way to go...
  20. Leonidas423

Again, you do realize you are alone in this thread with no one to back you up, yes? And if you want me to "stop responding to you" then you really shouldn't post on these forums, or any forums for that matter. And you should care about what I say, because my argument neatly checkmated yours, you are just pulling scenarios out of your mouth to save face.

You are the first person I saw that talks about Lockdown being useful, and you except us to believe that you regularly use it. Right.

And also, accusing others of trolling is trolling, just to let you know,.